Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

maysvilleky

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by maysvilleky

  1. MC has 8 seniors on the roster and GRC has 3 transfers from what we have been told. IMO they are the top 2 teams. Montgomery lost one of the transfers to GRC so that hurt them. Here's my preseason top 5. 1. Mason County 2. GRC 3. Scott High 4. Campbell Co. 5. Bracken Co. FWIW...Mason County has a very tough schedule so they very well could have more losses than last year heading into post season play.
  2. Question...Are the recruiting services that put together profiles for kids worth it? The top level kids probably get noticed, but what about for the kids that have skills for a lower level? Do the services help out a lot?
  3. Mason County has fallen off fast. Very disappointed in the staff and players. Getting beat deep 3 times in a row on basically the same pass route tells me there were either no adjustments by the staff or the player. Give Fleming credit, they were by far the better team. I don't know what the answer is for MC. I have an opinion, but I'll keep it to myself. Also of note...It appears MC may have lost one of their better linemen (Kindt) late in the game. Why was he playing with the game already decided by a wide margin?
  4. I think there are at least 3 or 4 teams have a real legitimate shot to win the region. I think MC has to be up there because of the seniors, but GRC appears to have reloaded, CC will be tough, and Scott has a chance IMO. And you never now who's an injury or a breakout year away from being a totally different team.
  5. Unless Mason County can develop some depth, any foul trouble will put them in deep trouble IMO. At this point I think Mason should start out as 6th or 7th in the region and it will depend on if they play team ball or "me" ball along with depth that determines if they can do any better.
  6. Since it's at Fleming, FC by 14.
  7. Most disappointing thing was that Mason appeared to be confused on offense. Always seemed to be running guys on the field at the last second or calling a timeout. I know it's first game, but MC needs to get on the same page quickly or it's going to be a long season.
  8. Yep...That's where Happy Osborne is Coaching.
  9. Don't think there will be many tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Somerset will be going down hill. The quick D-Line won't help in that situation. IMO for Mason County to keep it close, they will have to win the turnover battle and score on the majority of their possessions and keep the ball away from Somerset.
  10. Mason County doesn't have the horses on the D-Line to stop Somerset. Somerset by 3 touchdowns.
  11. IMO Niece will get several more offers after this year.
  12. FYI...It's Rowan not Rowen...But nice recap. I think everyone pretty much expects Rowan to have a tough year.
  13. I think they are giving chances of heavy rain Saturday afternoon, so it makes sense to play early.
  14. No one has said for sure, but most likely, the highest bidder on the contract. I think a lot of the businesses would do the same.
  15. I think they return most of their scoring from last year. But they do have a new Head Coach so there may be some adjustment period. They did lose Douthit to Ryle. She played some minutes as an 8th grader.
  16. I stand corrected. On line Walmart is selling the same model ball. So it appears I was at least partially wrong. Just make sure it's the same model and not just TF1000 which does have different models.
  17. Smaller schools I think offer a lot of kids early in hopes of getting a kid to commit when that kid has skills that could get them a higher offer if they were to wait longer.
  18. Here's a couple of reviews I ran across when I was first looking at the ball for my daughter. Customer Review 28 of 32 people found the following review helpful 2.0 out of 5 stars Different ball - TF1000 reviews are for the Old Model, March 22, 2012 By J. Cho Verified Purchase(What's this?) This review is from: Spalding Top Flite 1000 Basketball (Misc.) The new TF1000(and Legacy) "Advance Moisture Management" has a fake feel. It's similar to the material used for the test NBA game ball they used temporarily some years ago. Most of the NBA players hated it and they changed back mid season. Spalding probably didn't know what to do with the material and had to sit on it for a while before they figured they'd psyche us out by switching it out with the TF1000 original. Underhanded move by Spalding. Look for the one that says ZK Microfiber composite or get the ZKPro model. Do not get the new ZK Pro, AMM, t1000 or HzO if you want anything like the original ZK material of the old TF1000. The 2 stars is for the new model which is for durability but it's worse than the 5 i'd give the tf1000. The new ones either have deeper channels which embeds the fingers in the ball not allowing the ball to spin naturally in hand. I absolutely LOVE the classic TF and can't believe Spalding would do this to us! EVERYONE loved the old TF 1000 and I wish they had ONLY changed the classic TF to the Legacy name and the naming schemes and models would have been left intact. But NO, they don't have ANY good balls now except for the NBA Game ball which is expensive and not as grippy for normal sized hands. I'm not happy with Spalding. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink [Add comment] Comments Track comments by e-mail Tracked by 1 customer Sort: Oldest first | Newest first Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 6:05:45 AM PST boston duffer says: Agreed! My TF is starting to wear out, and I wandered into a sporting goods store only to be SHOCKED by the change to the ball. It feels like, dry, fake leather. I wasn't aware that there are that many flavors of the 1000 out there, so I will definitely track down the old ZK if I can. Lousy move, Spalding!
  19. I don't disagree, but I can see why St. Pat wants to host it in their gym. It'll be packed.
  20. Yep...Boys is 74-7839. Girls is 74-7849. And the ball at Walmart is not the same ball. There are several versions of this ball. You have to watch out for that or you really do get the "cheap" version!
  21. Only thing is, St. Pat doesn't usually bring that big of a crowd. Last year would have been the year to see Augusta, they were a fun team to watch with a lot of fan expectations. I expect the crowds to be smaller this year. But if you are in the area early in the season, I think St. Pat vs Mason County will be a fun one. First time to be played at St. Pat's gym in decades. Gym should be busting at the seams.
  22. I'm really concerned about the depth. What happens if Sumo pulls a hamstring? :jump:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.