Everything posted by TribePride
-
Trinity's Bob Beatty Named High School Coach of the Year
Yes I see that it is a different award. Thus my comments. Your vexing rebuttal is what I find to be annoying. Logan County will never be at the level of Louisville Trinity.
-
Trinity's Bob Beatty Named High School Coach of the Year
Are you seriously trying to tell me the resources are the same at Jenkins as they are Louisville Trinity?
-
Trinity's Bob Beatty Named High School Coach of the Year
Not a fan. Todd Adler deserved this award more than anyone. COMPLETE TURNAROUND season for him and his program. Beatty is a good coach, but anyone can win at Trinity....Lets see him at Fulton County. EDIT: thought this was the state coaching award. Point still stands.
-
If the goal of your high school team isn't to win a championship, what is the goal?
The goal is to produce young men of quality character. Winning is nice, but it's not the end goal.
-
Prediction: District Alignments
The KHSAA surely has to take this into consideration.
-
Open Job: Fulton County
I don't know the politics of that area, but it seems they would do well to consolidate city and county.
-
Open Job: Fulton County
If I recall, didn't they beat Mayfield one of those seasons?
-
Frederick Douglas Lands a QB Transfer
He is a quality QB. Has a bit of a temper and control issues, but under John Paul Chapman it was controlled.
-
Should Private Schools Have Their Own Class?
Give everyone a trophy
-
Coaching Salaries
I'm sure those stipends are work for pay. They are two of the winning football programs in the state. I'm sure all Catholic schools don't pay the same. Holy Cross isn't getting paid the same amount as DeSales I bet.
-
#5 Raceland vs. #8 Pikeville (1A State Semifinals)
I hate to say it but Pikeville rolls.
-
Bring back 8-man football as an option?
What about letting smaller teams play with 12 men? Canada rules. I think we should just stick with regular 11 man or play soccer.
-
Crittenden County win over Russellville a fluke?
Nope, they're just not very good this year.
-
1A # 7 Louisville Holy Cross vs. 1A Bethlehem
Bethlehem by 7
-
5A #1 Covington Catholic at Kings (OH)
Rooting for Kings because of former Head Football Coach, Jack Hall. Go Kings!
-
Phelps 2017
Phelps has always been in a tough position. From losing players to nearby Belfry and Matewan (both state powers), to being in a tough 1A district with Pikeville and Elkhorn City. Add in Paintsville/Hazard and that 4 seed is valuable to come across. throw in Mullins, Jenkins, Fleming Neon, Virgie, South Floyd/Wheelwright, and Allen Central, and they're lucky to have had the success that they have had.
-
Open Job: Jenkins
Jenkins High School is now open.
-
Floyd Central names Shawn Hager as their 1st football coach.
The only man who would build this program is the man who started both programs. Donnie Daniels. FCS messed up there. Nobody knows that area bettter than Daniels.
-
Can a team like Jenkins ever compete for a state title?
Jenkins has had football success in the 50's-70's. A couple of regional championships. A couple of wins vs Belfry and Pikeville and Elkhorn City and Lynch. It's economics and politics that contribute to that program ceiling.
-
Open Job: Harlan Independent
Rumor is JB will be coaching at the University of the Cumberlands.
-
What Makes Belfry So Special?
I love the people at Belfry and Coach Haywood, however I will say with good confidence, the Pike County BOE has been great to Belfry over the last few decades. I'm curious to see how things will play forward when a guy who doesn't have Belfry ties sits in the big chair.
-
Notable Streaks in Ky HS Football
At one point in time, Elkhorn City has had the states longest losing and longest winning streaks. That has to be some kind of record
-
Danville vs. Leslie County (2A Second Round)
Ads roll! Be weary of those 14th Region officials.....They're something else.
-
Class 2A Notebook 8/29- Class 2A Vs. All Ya'll !
Brodey Johnson ran for 393, 5 TDs, and 2 conversions.
-
Offensive Schemes
Side Saddle T