Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Greenup County 12 West Carter 2
Thanks, I just watch the games and try to remember a few things that stick out.. I really thought Ben would pitch, Greenup being ranked 8th would have been a big early season win for West. If they could have beet them , and been a huge confidence boost , I would think.
-
Dave Schabell Inducted into Bishop Brossart Hall of Fame
Congrats
-
Greenup County 12 West Carter 2
Wasn't Big Ben.. not sure on name`s but 2 or 3 .. I think it was West`s 3 game of the week.
-
3 Point Shooters
Greenup Co - (So) Gage Hughes can shoot it with anybody. Think GC didn't turn in all numbers in time. 25 foot range and avg in mid 40%. And takes a lot of 3`s. I fell anybody that has seen him, would say the same. Season high was 8 on 10-11 shots.
-
Bowling Green 75 Elliott County 59 (Sweet 16 1st Round)
Congrats to Elliott on a nice season, and a good showing vs BG at Rupp. 10 point game with 2 min to go , just couldn't get past. Nice job Boys and Coaching Staff, on back to back 16th Region champs.
-
Greenup County 12 West Carter 2
At Greenup , West jumped out to a 2-0 lead in 1st. Than GC pitching and bat`s got hot , despite the cold cold weather. Kyle Gammon and Brody Shoupe hit back to back home run`s . To get Greenup started. Greenup is 1-0 on season.
-
16th Region Preview 2016
1- Greenup Co 2- East Carter 3-West Carter 4- Russell 5- Boyd Co Greenup returns all, plus #1 pitcher is healthy. After not pitching any post season games. Greenup is by far the pre-season #1 , but repeating is tuff . East Carter played Greenup as well , as anybody did last season. If East can find some consistent pitching , could have a really nice season. West Carter has the top pitcher in 16th in Ben Jordan, he is also one of the top in the state. Giving West a chance in any game, run support and a #2- #3 pitcher will be what West needs to make a run. Russell returns more than a few, after making Regional final last season. Could be a top team again. Pitching is also a factor , for Russell to make the region final again. The 16th has a bunch of talent , should make for some great baseball this year. Hopefully has a team make a run , for a State Title again.
-
Lewis Co /Fleming Co updates
Glad to see LC and Coach Hampton get the win.
-
Raceland 60 Greenup County 57
I think Coach Kidwell ,would be a nice change. Greenup Basketball has lacked a strong leader. There was some change in the way GC played, and I think it was Kid well. Because the last 3 years was the same, Kidwell got to coach a little. When I seen Kidwell stand up and yell a play or D , someone not in there spot . The players seemed to pay more attention , than other time`s.. Guess will see ? Kidwell`s coaching seems a lot like Baseball Coach Logan`s . And well, the Baseball team speaks for its self. Yes great job by the Raceland coach, great game plan.
-
Raceland 60 Greenup County 57
Good game Raceland, Good D. And Greenup was ice cold, the hole team some how. would have a hard time making it into the Ohio. Morris had a nice game. Raceland held Gage Hughes under Avg in all 3 games. That's something.
-
Ashland 60 Russell 40
Greenup went 19-9 , should have been a little better. first winning season in 4 years , Glade to have Coach Kidwell. The team looks so different than the last 3 years. Don't know much about Russell`s new coach, guess the next few years will tell.
-
West Carter 71 Morgan County 56
Very hard to pick a team to win 16th. Their are 5-6 team`s that could win it. Should be very interesting ! And since I`m such a Morgan Co / Jordan Perry hater...LOL ... nice win for West.
-
Rowan County at Greenup County Predictions
With the way Greenup has played this year so up ,and down. Hard to say. When Greenup is at there best , they can beat any team in 16th. So most depends on Greenup. 18-9 could be easily 22-6 or better. Greenup has gotten better as the season goes on. But there`s the Harold Tackett factor , the less he does and the more Coach Kidwell does. Greenup has a better chance. Should be a good one, if the snow will go away.
-
Greenup County 74 Magoffin County 66
Very good win for Greenup , and after the battle at Boyd Co last night makes it look even better. To be able to come back this after noon and beat a very good Magoffin team , showed me that in tournament time GC can win in back to back days. A day off and than a hot Rowan Co teams comes to the "Green House" on Monday . Great job last night, and today Boys. Keep it up !
-
Greenup County 80 Boyd County 74 (OT)
IN a game that started with Boyd jumping out to a 15-0 lead. Greenup didn't get too shook, and after the 1st , GC out scored Boyd in the 2nd quarter 17-13 and 24-18 in 4th. When Greenup`s Gage Hughes made a lay-up at the buzzer to put the game into overtime. A very good game by both teams. Greenup was lead by Gage Hughes 35pts- 5reb, Mike Hubbert 21pts-10reb, and Christian Wireman 13pts....For Boyd- Bobby Anderson 24pts-4reb, Taylor Smith 24pts-4reb.
-
Under-Recruited Players in 2016?
I have only seen him play 1 time, Vs Greenup. He is very fast , quick. Handles the ball well, and play`s hard on "D". That night he gave up 29 Gage Hughes, but a week before held Villers ( Ashland) to 16 witch 10 or so came at the end of game, with Mason up big. I could tell he can get to the basket, But I wonder about his out side shot... I think NAIA, maybe D2 at the highest. Will make a nice point guard for some school, I`m most impressed with his effort on "D". Size might hurt him also. He well be some where.
-
East Carter 68 Fairview 62
If the injury beg wouldn't have hit East so hard, I fell they could have been a top 5 team in Region. Has to be hard for team and fan`s.
-
Bracken County 67 St. Patrick 63
I think its a little much to say COY for being better In a 4 team District. Have to look at the hole Region , not saying he doesn't do a good job. I really don't know much about him. What has the team looked like VS the rest of region.? And I`m not one to think the top team, should get COY and POY witch happens a lot.
-
Bracken County 67 St. Patrick 63
Crawford shot 22 Ft`s. , That's a lot for one player. wow
-
Trace Young leaving
- Lewis County 57 Rowan County 51 OT
I said it last year Coach Hampton , Is one of the best in 16th, If not the best. Wins with less talent than a hole lot of others, and should get 16th coach of year. Should have got it last year, and should this year. But the top team`s coach always seem to get it, just like POY goes to best team top player. But he wont , cause Lewis co will not end as top team. I cant stand how this goes.- Ashland 47 Ellliot County 46
I Really like Ashland Coach, not a hole lot of top player s. Big Villers , they play as a team. And he makes moves, to give his kids the best chance to be there best. Still wonder how good they really are. They have beat a few better teams, but also had a few beat downs. Back when Elliott was playing really good early, I`d call this a upset. But lately Elliott cant win a game. Does anybody know what is going on with them. Are the players not getting along with each other ?. I know 1 game they had a player out, is there more.? Deff something wrong in "The Hook"- Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
- Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
That many points, and doesn't he play AAU for a L-Ville team. You would think , that would get his name out.- Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
I`m not joking , I would really like to Know what you call bashing. If I feel it is, I give my word ill stop. But saying doesn't shoot 3s well , is not bashing. Would really like to know - Lewis County 57 Rowan County 51 OT