Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 60 Greenup County 57

Featured Replies

Congrats to Coach Trimble and the Rams! Do you reckon we will here anything about how coaching had something to do with this outcome.:idunno:

I know this much. I've seen Trimble take far less talented teams and beat better teams a lot. So nothing surprises me with Raceland.

This will shake up my preview. Should be done in 15-20 minutes.

 

Too late to pick Fairview and Raceland....lol

The fallout should be priceless.

The boys played so hard. Really wanted it more. Morris had to of had a double double.

Greenup County won both regular-season games.

Good game Raceland, Good D. And Greenup was ice cold, the hole team some how. would have a hard time making it into the Ohio. Morris had a nice game. Raceland held Gage Hughes under Avg in all 3 games. That's something.

Greenup was ice cold I'll agree. They also locked up Hughes and maybe even got in his head a little bit. Poor execution on offense hurt Greenup. Lack of preparation and lack of in game adjustments also played a huge part in the loss. Rebounding was horrible and post game defense wasn't far behind. Raceland controlled the game and tempo about 95% of the game. When GC found some scoring inside from Hubbert everything was better but quickly went away from it. I was impressed with Morris but also Nathanial Davidson played pretty well for the Rams. Time for GC to move on to baseball and maybe move on in the basketball front if you catch my drift.

As an outsider looking in the GC Basketball program has pretty much been in flux for well over a decade now. This loss is just an embarrassing example of the downfall of a program that was once a perennial region contender. The program needs a stabilizing force leading it that is not afraid to tell the various outside forces that try to influence the program where to get off. From what I hear from longtime GC supporters they've just become resigned to the fact that this is what Musketeer Hoops is now. I guess the next step will be the small circle of decision makers to put Merle Kidwell the former Russell head coach and current GC assistant into the big chair. As far as I am concerned as long-time 16th Region observer this isn't the answer either, his track record doesn't really warrant a job as big as GC, but then again maybe he'd fit considering GC Hoops isn't what it once was. Best of luck to the kids playing at GC, you deserve better.

I think Coach Kidwell ,would be a nice change. Greenup Basketball has lacked a strong leader. There was some change in the way GC played, and I think it was Kid well. Because the last 3 years was the same, Kidwell got to coach a little. When I seen Kidwell stand up and yell a play or D , someone not in there spot . The players seemed to pay more attention , than other time`s.. Guess will see ? Kidwell`s coaching seems a lot like Baseball Coach Logan`s . And well, the Baseball team speaks for its self. Yes great job by the Raceland coach, great game plan.

As an outsider looking in the GC Basketball program has pretty much been in flux for well over a decade now. This loss is just an embarrassing example of the downfall of a program that was once a perennial region contender. The program needs a stabilizing force leading it that is not afraid to tell the various outside forces that try to influence the program where to get off. From what I hear from longtime GC supporters they've just become resigned to the fact that this is what Musketeer Hoops is now. I guess the next step will be the small circle of decision makers to put Merle Kidwell the former Russell head coach and current GC assistant into the big chair. As far as I am concerned as long-time 16th Region observer this isn't the answer either, his track record doesn't really warrant a job as big as GC, but then again maybe he'd fit considering GC Hoops isn't what it once was. Best of luck to the kids playing at GC, you deserve better.

 

Serious question. Is Greenup County considered to be "a big job"?

Not apparently anymore Mcpapa, it once was I think. Like I said it used to be a premier spot in the 16th Region, but that all ended well over a decade ago.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.