Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X`s and O`s

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by X`s and O`s

  1. Just Don't see Rowan and West that high up. East doesn't have a big staff , but there #1 he`s a Lefty is not bad at all, Plus they can field and hit. Rowan and West both are not good hitting or Fielding teams. 1 pitcher can only do so much... Russell can score , pitching ? .. Should be fun come Region time. GC plays Lewis , haven't seen them. With Prater coaching Rowan they will get better, good coach.
  2. ok. and Beverly and Wright would have helped.
  3. Love the post Clyde. points is all some people see, and if you score a bunch . You must be great... Drives me crazy.
  4. From what I seen of the Ohio team, only a few of the States top players played. But does sound like a good game.
  5. IT is tuff to repeat , but the 16th is down. Other than Greenup, there`s 2 Great pitchers. With nothing to help them.
  6. Plank is good, I don't know about top MLB pick, yes will get drafted out of high school . MY OP Between rounds 5-10 witch is still great. And saying he beat West, is not even close to beating a team like Greenup. I hope Plank and Jordan both get drafted high. MY OP if its after the 5th round ,you go to school. But every body`s different .
  7. Yes , it`s been a year ,but GC hit Planck hard . That being said GC is a year older also, SR, jr and So, not JR , So , Fr. Plus Coldiron and Joey Evans are Hitting a lot better this year. Plank and Jordan are big time, but there teams have to hit, score and field. Greenup has at lest 3 D-1 players, and a few more who will more than likely play some where. And my OP Greenup is still not at the top of there game. Yes 14-0 is great, but they can still get better. There (D) is not been great so far. When that gets fixed , look out. The runs so far ,with Homeruns ( witch I feel there will be many more) is a huge jump from last years team. Can Plank and Jordan give GC trouble yes, But it takes a team, and Greenup is tuff from top to bottom. Plus Tristian Downing back gives GC an Ace a little below Plank and Jordan. The 1 team I feel who could make a run is Russell . East is right there too.. But yes, the Region is Greenup`s to lose. Could go undefeated in Region play, Yes.. Hole season , probably not. A lot of tuff games to go. The Logan`s (Coaches) are not afraid to play the best, to make sure come tournament time GC is ready, BY the way , Plank did beat west. But that's not much to write home about. I hope Rowan and West pitch them both vs Greenup.
  8. After the final 4 last year, winning it all would be great. But very tuff to do, Takes great team play, and a little luck some times. I messed up GC played a team from Colorado 1st game and won 10-2... All so, sorry to hear about the young man from JC, (RIP) way to early. From me and my family( GC baseball #13)
  9. Ryle is looking good, so far. A top team in the State? I don't no much about them , but what I see on here. And that is looking good. IF anybody knows more , shoot me a P.M.
  10. Stay hot boys, very nice start to the season. Now playing teams who are good , and still winning . Great job keep it up, I still think GC`s best baseball is still to come.
  11. Greenup beat McDowell in there 1st game down there, I didn't post because I got sent 2 different scores... lol I couldn't make the trip , but I have herd GC is hitting really well, Triston Downing pitched a gem vs West Jess. GC "D" is still not up to par, and a few Pitchers are getting better. The pore "D" is the biggest problem, so far. Both Johnson Cent, and McDowell (Pa) should be good games. I know Gage Hughes didn't play 1st game vs McDowell (Pa). GC does have a really deep staff , should really help. Greenup`s best ball is still to come, the (Coach`s) Logan`s do a great job. This tripe and the tuff game`s is what GC has really needed, really haven't been tested till now. West Jess is top 5 in most polls, with JC and PRP in top 30. Good trip, good team`s.
  12. Final from Vero Beach FL. In a battle of top 10 teams, Greenup pull`s out the 8-4 win over West Jessamine. West had a 3-1 lead till the top of the 5th , when GC was able to score 4. Then add 3 more over the last 2 inn`s, to hold on to the 8-4 win. Really nice win for Greenup, who moves to 11-0 on the season.
  13. Coach Kidwell was there , for a long time. Russell has hit more than a few not as good classes, but has a few good coming up. The life of a smaller school. It will be interesting who does get the job. I haven't herd the first name..
  14. I see him being a 1st or 2nd round pick. Later than that , I think he should go to College. Witch from what I hear he has his choice of about any school, a place like Vandy would be great form him. They have had a lot of top pitching Draft picks lately .
  15. Jordan was still coming back from ankle basketball, I think that hurt his fastball. Him and Greenup`s catcher Brody Shoupe ( Morehead commit ) played on same summer team, and said Jordan was lights out all summer. for KBC . Like I said good luck to both.
  16. wow, that's a nice day. HR`s and than a pitcher with a no-no. Ill have to check to see if Greenup plays Tates Creek,
  17. I understand that, sorry if it was taken that way. I`m for Greenup so , I see them at 1 only, not a top 3-4. To me top 3-4 means you could be 1,2,3or 4. I think East is a 2-3 . I guess it`s how you look at , the meaning of top 3-4. Sorry 16thBBall Fan, if taken that way.
  18. I don't think they are unbeatable , and yes in 1 game Jordan or Plank could hold them. But Rowan and West have to score and field, and that really hurts them in that game. I know its a year later but GC had 13 hits on Plank last season and won 8-0 I think. Any thing can happen in 1 game, I`m not handing Greenup the Region, just because they have the best over all team, and deepest pitching staff. Greenup being one of the top 3-4 in Region is far off in my OP. I don't think you can base the Region rankings on what could happen in 1 game.
  19. Greenup, one of top 3-4 in Region ? Really,, in two different polls Greenup is 8th in 1, and 5 in other . State Ranking`s that is , not region.. Who are your 1-2-3 in region. ? I would really like to know... I would have East at 3, that's close.
  20. East did play good, score is deceiving. Greenup had a 5-0 lead into the 7th when East got their 2. GC left more than a few runners in scoring position, after the 2nd inn. East`s starter (name)? Lefty did a nice job the fist time through Greenup`s line up. Than GC scored 3 in 3rd and 2 in 4th. Till the 7th East didn't have any runs in scoring position, than got 2. And left bases loaded . Greenup out hit East 8-4 (I think) with East getting 2 in 7th. Zack Hayden got the win pitching 3inns ,2h, 0 R`s. Ethan Coldiron pitched the rest, 2h, 2R`s. He also had a hit and RBI. Isaiah Green had 2 hits, Gage Hughes added a double and 2 RBI. Over all a pretty well played game. I definitely don't think East Carter is anywhere near the team Greenup is, but is a top team in 16th. Really nice 1 pitcher, and in my OP the 2nd best Shortstop in the region. They will definitely win some games. 5-2 Final , but could have been a lot worse. Greenup is still not at the top of their game, but is now 6-0 on the season.
  21. thanks, Just from what I`ve seen and herd . Ben is the harder thrower , with more command , and off speed. Last year vs Greenup Plank was avg about 88, top 90. and got hit pretty hard. Could have been a off day. My understanding Jordan is more complete , but both are very good. 2 big time pitchers., who have a chance at being drafted some day. Good luck and healthy arms to both .
  22. Last year at Greenup , 2 different guns . Plank was topping out at 90. Now up to 95-96 huge jump in a year. Sure it wasn't Jordan at 95-96 , I know people who have seen him hit that high. ? Both good numbers for game, but should. Both teams don't have the hitters, for that pitching.
  23. I don't like that thought, sorry. If you can shine on a really good team , that has other big time players . Makes you look even better ,my OP. The good team and other D-1 players helps him, that means scouts . So Really good players , should want to be in a spot like his. If he was no a bad team , might not get noticed as much. (Travel Ball ) would be it. To me he`s not getting over looked that much, sounds like he`s doing fine. 30 nice.
  24. Final from Greenup . GC scored 13 runs on 15 hits , to top Fairview 13-3 in (6). Joey Evans had a big night for the Musketeers going 3-3 with 2 doubles and a single. Jordan Hill 1-1 double and Jake Hunt had a hard hit , RBI to end game. Christian Wireman pitched 5 inn , 4 hits , 2 earned runs. (So) Ryan Lambert pitched a really nice 6th inn, no hits or runs. The Musketeers are now 4-0. From what I hear GC will have a tuff game this coming Sat, at the V.A Stadium, in Chillicothe Ohio. VS - Sandusky OH , who has a few D-1 players. Should be a good early season test for Greenup.
  25. A little more than a crazy game, Greenup out hit Ashland 13-2. Had a 7-0 lead after 2 innings . Than came the walks and 4 big E`s. To give Ashland 5 runs. Greenup did replace starter Ethan Coldiron , with 2 players who wont see much time on the mound. Coldiron got the win and also hit a homerun, Kyle Gammon, Gage Hughes , Jared Hunt and Jaxson Keeton all had 2 hits. Greenup 3-0 on season .

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.