Everything posted by psychicscubadiver
- 2016 King of the Carpet Contest Round 1 - All Members Welcome
-
Regional Playoff Contest (Invitees Only)
7 - Boyle County 5 - Greenwood 3 - Knox Central 2 - Bullitt Central 1 - Pleasure Ridge Park TB - Boyle County
-
Which road teams win in the first round?
I think Eastern has a decent shot at North Hardin. EDIT: Also, I expect Tate's Creek to beat Boone.
- Lexington/Central KY Regional Football Contest Week 11 Results Sponsored by GRIPPOS!
- 2016 Pick 10 Contest (Week #11) - Sponsored by Kentucky Middle School Football Assoc.
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #11) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (10/25)
I respect them, but I also respect Male and St. X. Having seen all four teams play, I find it very unlikely that Ryle or SK would beat them.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (10/25)
Yes. Yes, they would.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (10/25)
Ryle would beat St. X and Male at this point in the season? I find that unlikely. Though, you could argue that Ryle is better than Scott County.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings - Discussion (10/25)
I absolutely agree with these rankings, and I suspect they will remain this way going into the playoffs. The only possible change I would consider is PRP in tenth, but that purely speculation. Just curious, if (and I think it unlikely) Scott County were to lose to Cov Cath how far would it drop them in these rankings?
- Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #11) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest Week #11
7 - Pleasure Ridge Park 5 - South Oldham 3 - Waggener 2 - Oldham County 1 - Shawnee TB - Pleasure Ridge Park
- 2016 Central KY Football Contest (Week 11) Sponsored by GRIPPOS!
- NKY Football Contest Sponsored By Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 11)
-
Trinty blanks district
I expected Ballard to score at least once on the first string and thus blanking them was a surprise and a testament to the strength of both the varsity and the JV defense. Ballard hung with Male and Manual and beat DeSales, none of which are easy feats. The Shamrock defense deserves some compliments on keeping that perfect district record against an opponent like that. I might be presuming, but I think that is the message meant by the original poster and how it was delivered is really what's causing the ruffled feathers here.
-
6A Playoffs
Hmm... If I remember correctly Marshall can handle 5K sitting with a good amount of standing room left over. It doesn't have the months worth of planning and the tailgating opportunity of the regular season game, but either St. X or Male (whoever wins the rematch) would be a good draw. Even so, renting Cardinal stadium might not be cost-effective, especially if the weather is poor. Manual (and maybe PRP) would be top eight before Central Hardin, but otherwise you're right.
-
Ryle 32 Simon Kenton 25
Nah, St. X or Male still have a shot at Trinity. The Shamrocks are favorites, but they'll still have to earn a victory over either of those teams. Once the semis are done though... :lol2:
- 2016 Pick 10 Contest (Week #10) - Sponsored by Kentucky Middle School Football Assoc.
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #10) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
N. Ky. Big School State Champions?
Does this assume that the talent in those schools was spread throughout Louisville or that those players simply didn't exist for this hypothetical?
- NKY Football Contest Sponsored By Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 10)
- 2016 Central KY Football Contest (Week 10) Sponsored by GRIPPOS!
- Eastern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #10) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest Week #10
7 - Male 5 - Kentucky Country Day 3 - Doss 2 - North Hardin 1 - Waggener TB - Kentucky Country Day
-
Honest question, help me understand..... Fans & Coaches
In my opinion, the biggest part that causes it is that the fans who question aren't as close to the program. Not that they don't care, but without being in the absolute thick of it, they don't have the same perspective as the coach. A play call or position change may seem foolish on the surface to the fans because they aren't working with the same info that the coach has. The coaches may not be able, or may not choose to explain themselves for their decisions. This makes it all the easier for people to second-guess them, especially when a team isn't doing well. Few people are truly immune to that. I love Beatty to death and hope that he stays at Trinity for a good, long time, but even then I have (very rarely) disagreed with some play calls. Am I qualified to do his job? Not by a long shot, but everyone forms their own opinions sometimes. The part of it is that every once in a while the fan is right. Coaches are human and it's possible for them to make mistakes. Does this mean that the fan could do their job? Not a chance, but expecting anyone to be absolutely perfect is a recipe for a letdown, and people can learn from the mistakes they make.