Everything posted by BigTuna6
-
Did KHSAA ever do anything to anyone about illegal preseason activities?
My question is why are you so worried about it? What do you have against these schools? Ever since you started these threads you've been a man on a mission to get someone in trouble.
-
Conner 2014
So he should play because it's good for the team? I'm all about being for the team but if the kid doesn't want to play and he's just there because his friends want him there do you really think you're going to get the effort out of him that you need. I have to disagree, if football doesn't make the kid happy, he shouldn't play.
-
KHSAA Bylaw 23: Difference in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 versions
It is amazing how you are missing the point that as long as they have their own insurance at an off site camp, it is allowed. What is the difficulty in seeing that? It is literally spelled out in the bylaws.
-
Seth Caple to UC...
Congrats to Seth. Have known him and his brothers since they were swimming at the Ludlow Bromley swim club at a much younger age. Nice kid.
-
7 on 7 Should Be Outlawed
I'm 99.9% sure Ram was being facetious with this post.
-
08/06/14 Update - Football Equipment Restrictions and Reminders
My question is, why is this such an issue this year? It's like people want to see schools punished. I'm amazed that we now have what... 3 different threads talking about contact and non contact practices or camps? I'd say Ram has done a pretty good job of establishing that what is being done is legal under laws of the KHSAA. Just stop already.
-
The teams who practiced in pads before Aug 1.
Honestly all of these threads are what's wrong with the country. Unfair advantage? Are you kidding me? Life is an unfair advantage. You have to learn to overcome obstacles to become a better player and person. To call out all of those teams in the first post is busch league. The teams were at camps and you're on here saying they're breaking rules. Unreal.
-
KHSAA Bylaw 23: Difference in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 versions
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here but as someone who hasn't been involved it sounds as if you're just whining by saying it's not fair that they are going to camps and your team isn't. Life isn't fair and not everyone deserves a trophy. If these kids and their families are paying for these camps then they have the right to participate in the scrimmages or whatever they paid for with their money.
-
Conner @ Highlands 7 on 7 (7/25)
All this winning a 7 on 7 talk is why I can't stand these things. Coaches that I have spoke to rarely keep score. It's not meant to win. I remember I went to one of these things a while ago with a bunch of small schools. Bellevue was out there in a 5 wide set. That season guess how many times I saw Bellevue or heard of Bellevue being in 5 wide. 0 times. Teams typically will not run the same things in these as they do in the regular season and to me that's silly if I'm the coach. Why run something that isn't going to help you get better?
-
Boone/Conner/Cooper at Dixie 7 on 7
I thought Moore looked like the best QB when he was warmed up. Question is, how will he perform with a pass rush. Although Dixie's line looked quite large while they were running on the track.
-
Cooper/Simon Kenton 7 on 7
I was told @ SK.
-
Cooper/Simon Kenton 7 on 7
They play tomorrow at 9 am.
-
Cooper v Lloyd 7 on 7 today
Jags and Jugs both had bright spots and areas to work but this early, that's expected. #2 for the Jags (#s on back of shirts) played well for the Jags. Cooper looks like they have some talent at WR. The Jugs used a couple big boys at TE and had one WR that looked built and had pretty good hands. Made some big plays for the Jugs.
-
Best Running Backs in NKY
Smith from NewCath should be a good one. The Powell kid I saw recently and spoke to him in person. Kids cut up and has great speed. Cordell from Cooper may be one of the fastest kids around, just not very big. I expect him though to be the dark horse of this group if he's healthy.
-
Class 5A Preseason Top 5
NKY 5A is young. Every team seems to have question marks at the same positions.
-
Top Receivers in NKY
Burns was a senior last year... Wasn't he?
-
Pre-Season Top 10 Football Teams in NKY for 2014
I've heard he isn't playing football to focus on basketball.
-
West 28 East 20 (2014 NKY East/West All Star Game)
One of the kids playing for the west squad said the Boone kicker hit a 60 yard field goal at practice today. That's a huge leg for a high school guy.
-
West 28 East 20 (2014 NKY East/West All Star Game)
I could describe the west in two words just from stopping by the practice today. Big and Fast.
-
Advice for Parents
Another tip for parents. Ask the head coach what level he thinks your child can play college ball... If they can at all. This is going to be a shocker to a lot of parents but more often than not, the child isn't really better than an NAIA or DIII player. And let me get this point across. There's nothing wrong with that! If your child loves football and wants to play at the next level, allow them to play for an NAIA or DIII school even though they aren't going to get the scholarship or go to the NFL.
-
West 28 East 20 (2014 NKY East/West All Star Game)
Well... you can't have more than 5 from a team so...
-
NKY 6A schools beg KHSAA not to play Louisville schools first three rounds
He essentially started this thread to bash NKY teams and coaches and then he proceeded to tell everyone what they already know in how great T and X are.
-
NKY 6A schools beg KHSAA not to play Louisville schools first three rounds
I find it hilarious that people are saying NKY is trying to not play Louisville. There are two 3 team districts in NKY but let's send them two hours away for playoff games. That makes no sense. Busses, feeding kids... That stuff isn't cheap for the programs. If the teams win they have to play Louisville schools anyway.. Well if the Louisville schools win. It's all about travel. No one is afraid of the Louisville schools. Yea they are full of talent but anyone can be beat.
-
2015-2018 Draft Football Realignment
For the most part I agree with you but then you would get the rare occurrence from a few years ago where Cooper was the #3 with a 9-1 record while South Oldham and Conner were the #1 and #2 with 7-3 and 8-2 records.
-
Ludlow Baseball Job
Wonder how many applied for this job... I'm interested to see who ends up getting it. Ludlow is typically a smaller school but has decent success and talent.