Everything posted by titan101
-
Open Job: Mercer County
Are the names people are throwing out legit applicants or just coaches people think may apply?
-
Open Job: Mercer County
Get your facts straight. Not in any way the reason he left.
-
Open Job: George Rogers Clark
I saw on the 10th region ranking thread they have GRC ranked 10th. How accurate is that? Is Cook really leaving Mercer for a team that is ranked 10th in that region?
-
#9 6A Central Hardin at #15 4A Mercer County predictions
You could be wrong. Mercer was up 14-10 late in the 3rd Qtr. Bourbon scored on their 2nd string D to go up 17-14. Mercer got the ball back and threw a pick 6 that put them down 24-14 to end the game. JV played 4th QTR for both. Still doesn't mean that Mercer can hang with Central Hardin but they were in no way beat soundly by Bourbon. Bourbon didn't score against our 1st team defense.
-
5A #8 South Oldham vs. Anderson County
Who is AC's QB this year and what grade is he in?
-
#9 6A Central Hardin at #15 4A Mercer County predictions
This is going to be a tough one for Mercer. I feel a lot better about their defense than I do their offense. Offense will be fine by the end of the season but could start out slow the first few games. Defense will need to carry Mercer to keep them in the games early on.
-
Zion Harmon (#1 ranked player in AMERICA for class 2021) is a Bowling Green Purple!
Enjoy this kid while he is here. He is a great talent. I doubt very seriously this kid graduates from BG. Look at each year he is there as a bonus whether it is 1-2 years don't make long term plans for his Junior/Senior year at BG.
-
KBA high school summer state tourny
Mercer lost to Scott County in overtime but gave them all they wanted. Faulkner had a huge scoring game against them.
-
Caleb Jefferson
I agree 100%. Powell is a definite program changer that would absolutely dominate local 8th grade players. He just hasn't played local with his age for a while.
-
Caleb Jefferson
This kid is a good player but no where near good enough for all these adults to be so worked up about where he is going to High School. I had seen a bunch of stuff about this kid on the site before I ever saw him play and was expecting to see him dominate. When I actually saw him play I saw a really good player but not dominant. By the way every one talks on here its like Lebron choosing between Miami and Cleveland.
-
Boyle County 2016/2017
Do they have anyone in the upcoming senior or sophomore classes? I always hear a lot about the junior and freshman class.
-
Open Job: Southwestern
I would say all of these transfers should get approved. Sounds like they are all transferring for academic reasons and nothing to do with athletics. This is better than the 1st day of NBA free agency. Seems like everyone is openly admitting that these players are transferring or not transferring based on who gets what coaching job.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
Also I would take Cook over Adams every day and twice on Sunday as I'm sure Boyle fans feel the same about Adams over Cook. Adams is a good coach but I'm extremely happy with our choice.
-
Open Job: Pulaski County
I heard opposite about who was interested in who but it is something that could be argued until the end of time with no real proof. Only Adams and a few at Mercer would know the truth. I'm sure both parties would spin it to say one side had more interest than the other as is the case when a deal isn't worked out.
-
Who will be 11th Region contenders for 16-17?
I am aware of the excuse but I would have more respect for them if they just came out and said we don't want to water down our basketball and football. That would be like Jessamine saying we are now going to have East and West Jessamine but all the kids that go to East are all going to play for West and just have one team. Does Scott Co just think everyone is stupid?
-
Who will be 11th Region contenders for 16-17?
I think it is interesting that one of the biggest 6A schools in the state is overflowing with students and building a new school but won't have athletics at the new school. I am asking because I don't know but has this ever happened with a school this size and a community like this?
-
Dylan James
He is one of best high school shooters that I have seen. From a shooting standpoint he has to rank as one of best in the state. As we saw at state he can't create his own shot and was somewhat of a non factor. He doesn't handle the ball very well and I don't see how he could guard a perimeter player in college at the NAIA level much less D-1 and don't think at 6'3/6'4 that he would play the post in college. He averaged a double double since 8th grade and scored 1,500 points thru sophomore year at Sheldon Clark and I had never heard of him until he came to Mercer. Seems like 15th region doesn't get as much exposure as other regions throughout the state. There may always be a spot for a knock down shooter at the college level I just wonder about the rest of his game.
-
Dunbar 58 Mercer County 55 (Sweet 16 1st Round)
Agree Trevon may have scored there with out the time out but they come out of the time out and get the ball to Hager with a lane to the basket. Could not have drawn up any better coming out of the time out.
-
Mercer County/Dunbar updates
Pretty stupid and a disadvantage to the team they do that to and not right for the kids
-
Mercer County/Dunbar updates
Yes if you are at Rupp look at our student section it is empty. We have hundreds of kids stuck in concourse because little yellow jacket guys
-
Mercer County/Dunbar updates
I like how KHSAA/Rupp is making our student section wait in the concourse until after the 1st QTR. They aren't this strict for seating at NCAA final four
-
Boyle County 78 Wayne County 71 OT (12th Region)
I thought the same thing. Taking 28 shots to score 24 points are Kobe Bryant type stats and not in a good way.
-
Mercer County/Rockastle County Updates (12th Region Quarterfinals)
9-3 first half fouls
-
Mercer County/Rockastle County Updates (12th Region Quarterfinals)
11th region refs may play a big role in who wins this region
-
West Jessamine 79 East Jessamine 63 (46th District Semifinals)
This should be a fun one. West is a tough team.