Everything posted by titan101
-
Boys 7th Grade State Roll Call 13U or 14U
Allen is more impressive to me because he hasn't been held back. Rode played 7th grade two years in a row. To me he is a Freshman playing against younger kids which doesn't prove anything. Rode is an awesome player though I just have a hard time comparing him to other 8th graders.
-
Mercer County available; Chris Pardue steps down
Congrats to Dennis Johnson getting the Woodford County job. I guess they weren't too concerned about his lack of experience. I wish Dennis nothing but success. Hope for Mercer's sake this doesn't add to the long list of opportunities missed for example having Chuck Smith and Larry French on the same coaching staff and letting them both walk out the door. I hope they offered Dennis and he said no rather than Mercer not offering at all. Wait until you see his staff at Woodford I am sure it will be amazing.
-
12th Region
Mercer beat Danville last night 11-0
-
Mercer County 69 Southwestern 65 (12th Region Quarterfinals)
RISE UP
-
Mercer County available; Chris Pardue steps down
I ask this question because I don't know. Why are the fans such an issue with football but no other sport. You don't hear about fans/parents in baseball, boys/girls basketball or any other sport but this seems to be the excuse we get with football when things aren't going right. Seems like you would have an issue with parents in all sports that they wouldn't just pick one sport to act like fools.
-
Mercer County available; Chris Pardue steps down
Agreed. We have hired the long time assistant twice and that hasn't worked either. I'm not saying he is a sure fire bet that he will 100% be successful but I would have rather he had a chance than some of the previous hires.
-
Mercer County available; Chris Pardue steps down
Everyone is acting like we have Bill Parcells out there waiting. Our last 3 hires have been busts because none of them are here now and they all had prior coaching experience. We need stability and more important than experience is someone that will keep their word and stay here for a while. Every high school coach was a 1st year coach at some point in time. You don't think Dennis knows how to run a program when his dad ran a successful one for over 20 years and would help him if he gets a head coaching job.
-
Mercer County available; Chris Pardue steps down
Dennis has been very successful as Jesse Clark's Middle School coach. I would like to see him get a chance. With the lack of overall success of the previous hires I don't see what it could hurt. He led the SEC in sacks and played in the NFL. He knows the game and is a great motivator He would put together a staff of former college football players. Might also bring some of the old Harrodsburg people back in the program that have had nothing to do with it since the merger. Would be nice if you could get Jason Dunn on the staff also. Former Harrodsburg guy that played 10+ years in the NFL with Eagles and Chiefs.
-
2019 and 2020 BBK Player Rankings
Pretty sure McKee can't play 13U not sure about Martin
-
2019 and 2020 BBK Player Rankings
For 2020 class the top 5 can't play 13U. I know 10 of the players on there that can't play 13U. I'm sure there are more I just don't know the others.
-
East Jessamine 86 Mercer County 81
I love it. Keep making the target bigger. Keep building them up keep breaking us down
-
Boyle County 72 Mercer County 67
Big Difference was Mercer stayed on their side. Boyle kid ran and stood in front of the Mercer student section waiving the Boyle flag in their face. It was lucky that a water bottle thrown was the worst thing that happened. I understand students don't have the best judgement at times and can make a bad decision so I have no problem just a mistake made by a highschool kid. I do find it funny that an adult would try to justify those actions a day later and still not realize that is something you shouldn't do. Could be the reason you have 4 different schools there cheering against you all because things like that seem to be common practice from students and fans.
-
Boyle County 72 Mercer County 67
To me it looked like the gameplan was they thought they couldn't guard Dow in the post so any time he caught the ball the defender fell to the ground and prayed for a foul which they got. I would rather see the defender keep his feet and try to guard the post and not flop. With Elkins out I guess they felt they couldn't guard him straight up
-
Boyle County/Mercer County Predictions 1-27-15
Agreed. I think the draw will have a huge impact on any of these teams chances to win region. It is always helpful to have one easy game out of the three. To have to play 3 legit teams to win the region is tough. A young team can win it all. We started four sophomores the year I won it.
-
Boyle County/Mercer County Predictions 1-27-15
I have not seen Wayne this year but would it be consistant to say that the top teams in the Region have 3 very good players and a good supporintg cast? Would Mercer's top 3 players match up with the other teams in the region. For Lincoln I know they have Taylor and Conway but do they have another top tier player. I know Wayne and Boyle both have 3 really good players. Does Mercer not have the same make up as these teams. The only thing with Mercer is they rely heavily on a Freshman but he has been top 10 scoring in the region all year. The region tournament is a whole other level of pressure which could be tough for a young player.
-
Boyle County/Mercer County Predictions 1-27-15
Seems like Boyle, Lincoln and SW are on the schedule this year. I haven't seen any of the Boyle people on here hyping thier team up all year long. It has been rare that Mercer has been mentioned on here other than just their score. To me it is all a lot of talk for any school until they cut down the nets for region. Whoever does that can talk all they want. Games like this are a good test but ultimatley the only thing that matters for a team is if they can win 3 games in a row in the region tournament. I think Mercer has had a good season so far but they have not played any of the top 4 teams. Regardless of what happens tomorrow they have 3 players that stack up with any other team in the region and a good supporting cast that is capable of winning region.
-
Boyle County/Mercer County Predictions 1-27-15
So if Mercer loses to one of the "TOP 4" they can't ever be considered as one of the "TOP 4" for the rest of the season? What is Boyle's record against the "TOP 4" this year so far?
-
Boyle County 70 Corbin 68
26-25 FT attempts and refs were issue?
-
Mercer County 72 Moore 57
Agree with everything but athletic part. Only person on the team that is a better athlete is Dow. Trevon is extremely fast and can dunk any way he wants
-
Mercer County 72 Moore 57
You're right his body has not matured yet and he is skinny as most true freshmen are. He is a true freshmen and not held back. Some of these freshmen are 16 going on 17 and their body's are as big as they will get. Scary thing with him is he has some growing up to do physically.
-
Mercer County 72 Moore 57
Trevon is a beast. He may be better than hager & dow by the time he leaves. His game is so smooth and such a great scorer. SW have some good freshmen but they are hold backs and older than trevon. Hager is still the guy that makes everything happen for mercer whether he leads them in scoring or not. Everyone's points are a direct effect of him setting them up
-
Mercer County 87 Casey County 52
Ha ha you guys are funny. I don't think I have seen anyone thumping their chest about beating Casey. I just think its funny our friends wearing the black and gold are quick to jump on here and discredit the win. You all keep worrying about BGP rankings in December. We will keep improving and getting ready for tournament time. Rank us 10th if if makes you feel better. Like I said above until somebody beats Wayne its just talk for every team in the 12th region and BGP rankings that don't mean anything to anybody except you.
-
Mercer County 87 Casey County 52
A little too early to hand anybody the 12th region title just yet. Wins in December don't mean much. Not surprising other schools on here hating and discounting the win. Until somebody beats Wayne out of the 12 region tourney certain schools need to tone it down.
-
Mercer County 87 Casey County 52
Someone in the predictions said this game was for 5th place in the region. Either mercer may be better than 5th or Casey is way lower. 35 points is a pretty strong statement
-
Cats Pause 12th Region Preview
Didn't mercer and west split last year in regular season? Mercer was cruising in the 1st half of the district game tourney game last year and west came out in the 2nd half with gimmick half court trap and mercer never made an adjustment and got beat. Mercer didn't lose anybody. Did west gain anybody?