Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County/Mercer County Predictions 1-27-15

Who wins this matchup? 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Boyle County
      84%
    • Mercer County
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Boyle County travels to Mercer County in what will be a golden opportunity for Mercer County to prove they are amongst the top 4 teams in the 12th Region.

 

Mercer County's schedule has been criticized by many as being not that challenging. Mercer County is coming off of a loss to district rival, West Jessamine and Boyle County is coming off a win against district foe, Garrard County.

 

Will Colton Elkins play? He's missed the last two games. Will Boyle County be able to stop the Big 3 of Hager, Faulkner and Dow? Can Mercer County silence their critics and get a quality win?

 

We shall see Tuesday evening. A lot of energy and excitement about this game from both schools. It should be a lot of fun.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

If Elkins plays and is close to 100% I'll take Boyle by 10.

 

If Elkins doesn't play I'll take Boyle by 5.

 

If Mercer County is as good as people say they are they should win this game whether Elkins plays or not. If Elkins doesn't play or isn't close to 100% and Mercer County still loses then I don't want to hear them mentioned with the top 4 of the 12th Region for the rest of the season.

 

It's show and prove time for the Titans.

Not a prediction but I may go to this game and have never been to Mercer County's gym. Any suggestions on when to get there? Anything else that would be good to be aware of?

Boyle by 10. I would take the rebels big 3 (Elkins,Tyler,Bell) over the Titans big 3 (Hager,Dow,Faulkner) If Elkins can't play Mercer better take advantage of that, because if the big man does play, it will be a long night trying to get a shot off in the paint.

Can Mercer stop the rebels big 3??

So if Mercer loses to one of the "TOP 4" they can't ever be considered as one of the "TOP 4" for the rest of the season? What is Boyle's record against the "TOP 4" this year so far?

  • Author
So if Mercer loses to one of the "TOP 4" they can't ever be considered as one of the "TOP 4" for the rest of the season? What is Boyle's record against the "TOP 4" this year so far?

 

Pretty much. All the Mercer County people have screamed all year long is "we are just as good", "any given night", "our schedule is awesome", "we can beat anyone in the region", "nobody respects us", "blah blah blah".

 

Like I said, it's show and prove time. Boyle County is coming in to YOUR gym and this is YOUR chance to make a statement. If you can't beat Boyle County on YOUR gym floor then no, I don't want to hear any Mercer County cheerleaders for the rest of the year. I've said it all year long that 2015/16 is Mercer County's opportunity to make HUGE noise in the region. If you want to do it this year then show and prove. Especially if Elkins doesn't play. It's that simple.

 

Boyle County is 0-1 to date against the top 4. Right now Boyle County would be #4 in the top 4 wouldn't they? Unlike Mercer County Boyle County will actually play the other teams considered in the top 4. If Boyle County loses to Mercer County wouldn't that put Mercer County into the top 4? What is Mercer County's record against the top 4? What is Mercer County's record against ranked teams? Who is the best team Mercer County has played this year? Mercer County people have been so sensitive this year. I think it's cute. If you win tomorrow then I'll actually be happy for you guys considering all the cheerleading and hyping you all have done so far this year. It'll be well deserved and finally we'll all know just how good Mercer County is. Finally.........

Pretty much. All the Mercer County people have screamed all year long is "we are just as good", "any given night", "our schedule is awesome", "we can beat anyone in the region", "nobody respects us", "blah blah blah".

 

Like I said, it's show and prove time. Boyle County is coming in to YOUR gym and this is YOUR chance to make a statement. If you can't beat Boyle County on YOUR gym floor then no, I don't want to hear any Mercer County cheerleaders for the rest of the year. I've said it all year long that 2015/16 is Mercer County's opportunity to make HUGE noise in the region. If you want to do it this year then show and prove. Especially if Elkins doesn't play. It's that simple.

 

Boyle County is 0-1 to date against the top 4. Right now Boyle County would be #4 in the top 4 wouldn't they? Unlike Mercer County Boyle County will actually play the other teams considered in the top 4. If Boyle County loses to Mercer County wouldn't that put Mercer County into the top 4? What is Mercer County's record against the top 4? What is Mercer County's record against ranked teams? Who is the best team Mercer County has played this year? Mercer County people have been so sensitive this year. I think it's cute. If you win tomorrow then I'll actually be happy for you guys considering all the cheerleading and hyping you all have done so far this year. It'll be well deserved and finally we'll all know just how good Mercer County is. Finally.........

 

Seems like Boyle, Lincoln and SW are on the schedule this year. I haven't seen any of the Boyle people on here hyping thier team up all year long. It has been rare that Mercer has been mentioned on here other than just their score. To me it is all a lot of talk for any school until they cut down the nets for region. Whoever does that can talk all they want. Games like this are a good test but ultimatley the only thing that matters for a team is if they can win 3 games in a row in the region tournament. I think Mercer has had a good season so far but they have not played any of the top 4 teams. Regardless of what happens tomorrow they have 3 players that stack up with any other team in the region and a good supporting cast that is capable of winning region.

I don't have a prediction yet but this should be a great atmosphere and I'm looking forward to it!

  • Author
Seems like Boyle, Lincoln and SW are on the schedule this year. I haven't seen any of the Boyle people on here hyping thier team up all year long. It has been rare that Mercer has been mentioned on here other than just their score. To me it is all a lot of talk for any school until they cut down the nets for region. Whoever does that can talk all they want. Games like this are a good test but ultimatley the only thing that matters for a team is if they can win 3 games in a row in the region tournament. I think Mercer has had a good season so far but they have not played any of the top 4 teams. Regardless of what happens tomorrow they have 3 players that stack up with any other team in the region and a good supporting cast that is capable of winning region.

 

Who said the Mercer County cheerleading and hyping has been on here? :lol2:

 

I've heard a ton of Mercer County cheerleading and hyping this year. I know multiple Boyle fans who have been getting the cheerleading and hype this year. I hear it at work, at games and I get text messages all of the time from Mercer County fans. I never said the hype was on BGP. The hype is definitely there and I know my phone will blow up tomorrow if Mercer County wins. As it should. I'm one of the biggest doubters of Mercer County's ability to defeat the top teams in the region this season and one of the biggest doubters in Mercer County's ability to win the region this year.

 

Prove me wrong. Shut me up. Make me say, "I was wrong." I have no problem doing that at all.

  • Author
Not a prediction but I may go to this game and have never been to Mercer County's gym. Any suggestions on when to get there? Anything else that would be good to be aware of?

 

It's a JV/Varsity game. First game is at 6. The gym has plenty of room so you should be able to find a seat without issue. I think there will be a great crowd tomorrow night but you won't need to arrive at 5:30 to get a good seat.

 

It should be a fun game with a great atmosphere. Everyone I know from both sides are looking forward to Tuesday evening.

Who said the Mercer County cheerleading and hyping has been on here? :lol2:

 

I've heard a ton of Mercer County cheerleading and hyping this year. I know multiple Boyle fans who have been getting the cheerleading and hype this year. I hear it at work, at games and I get text messages all of the time from Mercer County fans. I never said the hype was on BGP. The hype is definitely there and I know my phone will blow up tomorrow if Mercer County wins. As it should. I'm one of the biggest doubters of Mercer County's ability to defeat the top teams in the region this season and one of the biggest doubters in Mercer County's ability to win the region this year.

 

Prove me wrong. Shut me up. Make me say, "I was wrong." I have no problem doing that at all.

 

I have not seen Wayne this year but would it be consistant to say that the top teams in the Region have 3 very good players and a good supporintg cast? Would Mercer's top 3 players match up with the other teams in the region. For Lincoln I know they have Taylor and Conway but do they have another top tier player. I know Wayne and Boyle both have 3 really good players. Does Mercer not have the same make up as these teams. The only thing with Mercer is they rely heavily on a Freshman but he has been top 10 scoring in the region all year. The region tournament is a whole other level of pressure which could be tough for a young player.

  • Author
I have not seen Wayne this year but would it be consistant to say that the top teams in the Region have 3 very good players and a good supporintg cast? Would Mercer's top 3 players match up with the other teams in the region. For Lincoln I know they have Taylor and Conway but do they have another top tier player. I know Wayne and Boyle both have 3 really good players. Does Mercer not have the same make up as these teams. The only thing with Mercer is they rely heavily on a Freshman but he has been top 10 scoring in the region all year. The region tournament is a whole other level of pressure which could be tough for a young player.

 

I think the age and experience of the key players for Wayne, Boyle and Lincoln is why they get the nod over the talented 3 players from Mercer County along with above average supporting casts. Some of Southwestern's key players are young as well and they have some losses that show how the inconsistencies of youth and inexperience can be maddening sometimes. IMO it will be hard to gauge what Mercer County can do until we see a full body of work and we'll know a lot more about them come district tournament time.

Mercer didn't show a killer instinct against West Jessamine last Friday.

 

They could come in hungry for a win, hungry to prove themselves, or they could come in overhyped and Boyle could pick them apart.

 

I think the latter is more likely to happen, and if Elkins plays, it'll be a solid 8-12 point Boyle win.

I think the age and experience of the key players for Wayne, Boyle and Lincoln is why they get the nod over the talented 3 players from Mercer County along with above average supporting casts. Some of Southwestern's key players are young as well and they have some losses that show how the inconsistencies of youth and inexperience can be maddening sometimes. IMO it will be hard to gauge what Mercer County can do until we see a full body of work and we'll know a lot more about them come district tournament time.

 

Agreed. I think the draw will have a huge impact on any of these teams chances to win region. It is always helpful to have one easy game out of the three. To have to play 3 legit teams to win the region is tough. A young team can win it all. We started four sophomores the year I won it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.