Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County/Mercer County Predictions 1-27-15

Who wins this matchup? 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Boyle County
      84%
    • Mercer County
      15%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

I don't expect Elkins to play tomorrow.

 

Just thinking back to last year's Boyle County/Mercer County game and I remember Elkins being a huge difference in that game. I still think Boyle County wins tomorrow night but it won't be an easy game. Boyle County better come to play tomorrow. I'm sure Mercer County will come to play and they have to be salivating at a chance to get the victory tomorrow without Elkins in the paint.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect Elkins to play tomorrow.

 

Just thinking back to last year's Boyle County/Mercer County game and I remember Elkins being a huge difference in that game. I still think Boyle County wins tomorrow night but it won't be an easy game. Boyle County better come to play tomorrow. I'm sure Mercer County will come to play and they have to be salivating at a chance to get the victory tomorrow without Elkins in the paint.

 

Elkins is the reason I'm holding off on my prediction. He's obviously a difference maker and it will definitely change the dynamics of the game with him being out of the game. If he's not playing then I'm on the fence on who I'll pick. If he plays I have to give the edge to Boyle.

I really hope he gets healthy and is able to finish out this year strong. Seems like he's a lot to deal with over the past few years with injuries and illness.

This is a big game tomorrow but not season changing either way for either team! Boyle is probably a favorite but Mercer can beat them! I know one thing Mercer may not be in the top 4 but I sure would not want to play them the first round of the region! They will be dangerous with nothing to lose! Regardless of schedule there is more hype or positive energy in their program than I have seen in years! Cook deserves shot at COY based on the mess he inherited! Should be a great high school atmosphere tomorrow night!

  • Author
This is a big game tomorrow but not season changing either way for either team! Boyle is probably a favorite but Mercer can beat them! I know one thing Mercer may not be in the top 4 but I sure would not want to play them the first round of the region! They will be dangerous with nothing to lose! Regardless of schedule there is more hype or positive energy in their program than I have seen in years! Cook deserves shot at COY based on the mess he inherited! Should be a great high school atmosphere tomorrow night!

 

"The mess he inherited?"

 

Strong words considering he inherited Will Hager(junior) Trevon Faulkner(freshman) and then added Malik Dow(junior). Oh and Drew Davis is healthy now also.

 

Some mess.....

I didn't say he did not have talent! I said a "mess"! Talent does not mean anything unless you have good guidance! "Attitude reflects leadership!" Also Drew Davis has not played high school basketball since basically his 8th grade year and has been limited at best! I am just saying Mercer is a well coached dangerous team! I think Boyle is a dangerous team as well!

I didn't say he did not have talent! I said a "mess"! Talent does not mean anything unless you have good guidance! "Attitude reflects leadership!" Also Drew Davis has not played high school basketball since basically his 8th grade year and has been limited at best! I am just saying Mercer is a well coached dangerous team! I think Boyle is a dangerous team as well!

 

Thanks for your insight.

 

Looking forward to Coach Britt's return tomorrow night.

  • Author
I didn't say he did not have talent! I said a "mess"! Talent does not mean anything unless you have good guidance! "Attitude reflects leadership!" Also Drew Davis has not played high school basketball since basically his 8th grade year and has been limited at best! I am just saying Mercer is a well coached dangerous team! I think Boyle is a dangerous team as well!

 

I guess I am just being a Brian Britt apologist. I never felt like he did a bad job at Mercer County and I hate he lost his job in the manner that he did. At the same time I am glad because he has proven to have fit in nicely on the Boyle staff this season.

  • Author

Does Mercer County play a lot of zone or man or both? I ask because I wonder who will be tasked with trying to guard Jeremiah and Hagen.

I wish him the best! Is he the JV or Freshman coach?

  • Author
I wish him the best! Is he the JV or Freshman coach?

 

Coach Britt is assisting on the varsity staff. Doug Sharpe and Darryl Adams are the JV coaches and Darryl Adams coaches the freshmen.

Should be a good game. Mercer has home court advantage and both teams have transfers to offset lack of local talent.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 4

Thanks for your insight.

 

Looking forward to Coach Britt's return tomorrow night.

 

He never left. He's at Mercer every day.

He never left. He's at Mercer every day.

 

I know. Perhaps I should have said his return to the sidelines at Mercer. Mea Culpa.

Should be a good game. Mercer has home court advantage and both teams have transfers to offset lack of local talent.

Thanks for your insight, it is always worth reading! Not, just wasted space.

Edited by Randy Parker

I know. Perhaps I should have said his return to the sidelines at Mercer. Mea Culpa.

 

Intelligo me intelligere

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.