Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 87 Casey County 52

Featured Replies

Final. I left after the 3rd quarter. How many points did Hager end up with? I don't think Casey guarded him all night. He destroyed them. Trevon Faulkner had a good scoring game as well.

I thought Mercer looked good. I don't know the final stats but Hager got to the basket whenever he wanted to.

Congratulations to Coach Cook on the first of many wins!

Someone in the predictions said this game was for 5th place in the region. Either mercer may be better than 5th or Casey is way lower. 35 points is a pretty strong statement

Someone in the predictions said this game was for 5th place in the region. Either mercer may be better than 5th or Casey is way lower. 35 points is a pretty strong statement

 

I thought I saw that thread also! I think a little of both, Mercer is probably a little better than I thought and I didn't think Casey was worthy of being in the 5th place conversation.

After watching tonight Casey will be lucky to come out of the dist.

  • Author
Someone in the predictions said this game was for 5th place in the region. Either mercer may be better than 5th or Casey is way lower. 35 points is a pretty strong statement

 

 

Casey County is way lower.

Props to Mercer County, they showed a lot of intensity, and proved that they could flat out play! Will Hagar was dominant in this one, and Trevon Faulkner is a definite player! Mercer Impressed me tonight, and I will even go as far as saying by that performance I'd put them at #3 in the 12th region. In the predictions earlier i said that this game would be a battle for #5, and if Casey County would have played anything like they did against Marion County, I truly believe it would have been. Casey is a young team full of potential, and tonight just wasn't their night, similar to the Southwestern mauling of Perry County Central earlier, who seen that coming? Game's a game, and I give credit where credit is due.

  • Author
Props to Mercer County, they showed a lot of intensity, and proved that they could flat out play! Will Hagar was dominant in this one, and Trevon Faulkner is a definite player! Mercer Impressed me tonight, and I will even go as far as saying by that performance I'd put them at #3 in the 12th region. In the predictions earlier i said that this game would be a battle for #5, and if Casey County would have played anything like they did against Marion County, I truly believe it would have been. Casey is a young team full of potential, and tonight just wasn't their night, similar to the Southwestern mauling of Perry County Central earlier, who seen that coming? Game's a game, and I give credit where credit is due.

 

That's fine and dandy but until Mercer County defeats one of the top 4 teams in the region they can't become one of the top 4 teams in the region. Beating Casey County by 35 points doesn't make you one of the top 4 teams in the region.

Lincoln County is really good. Southwestern is really good.

 

I expect Boyle County to be really good but I haven't seen them yet.

That's like saying until Wayne County beats a top 4 team in the region, they aren't a top 4 team in the region? To each his own.

That's like saying until Wayne County beats a top 4 team in the region, they aren't a top 4 team in the region? To each his own.

 

Would love to hear who is your top 5 in the 12th region.

That's fine and dandy but until Mercer County defeats one of the top 4 teams in the region they can't become one of the top 4 teams in the region. Beating Casey County by 35 points doesn't make you one of the top 4 teams in the region.

 

 

That's a tough standard as none of the top teams have played each other this year. If you're using last year as the basis for that standard, then you have to go Wayne, then Lincoln with Southwest then Boyle on the outside looking in. The problem is that approach doesn't factor in new players and/or coaches. In reality, I go Wayne, Boyle, Lincoln, Southwest. And, if all goes well at Boyle, I expect the Rebels to cut down the nets when all is said and done.

 

I agree this win doesn't make Mercer a top 4 team. I think West Jessamine still has a say in who is at the #5 spot. I expect that Mercer, with a new coach and only 2 players that got varsity minutes for them last year, will be inconsistent at least through the month of December. However, they have the pieces to be a team that no one wants to face come tournament time.

  • Author
That's like saying until Wayne County beats a top 4 team in the region, they aren't a top 4 team in the region? To each his own.

 

 

Wayne County isn't a top 4 team in the region? Please tell me why.

  • Author
That's a tough standard as none of the top teams have played each other this year. If you're using last year as the basis for that standard, then you have to go Wayne, then Lincoln with Southwest then Boyle on the outside looking in. The problem is that approach doesn't factor in new players and/or coaches. In reality, I go Wayne, Boyle, Lincoln, Southwest. And, if all goes well at Boyle, I expect the Rebels to cut down the nets when all is said and done.

 

I agree this win doesn't make Mercer a top 4 team. I think West Jessamine still has a say in who is at the #5 spot. I expect that Mercer, with a new coach and only 2 players that got varsity minutes for them last year, will be inconsistent at least through the month of December. However, they have the pieces to be a team that no one wants to face come tournament time.

 

If you agree with me that this win doesn't make Mercer a top 4 team then what is this discussion about? I'm using the standard that those top 4 teams all made the region semifinals last year and those top 4 teams returned everyone this season and two of them, Boyle and Southwestern had players transfer in that make them even better. Last I saw everyone was using that standard and what we saw last night is that there has been a lot of hype around Casey County coming into this season and they proved to not be at the level of the #5 team in the region.

 

And yes, West Jessamine will have something to say about who is #5 also. I'll see East Jessamine on Tuesday as well. I'm sure both the Jessamine teams are better than Casey County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.