Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RockinGa

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RockinGa

  1. If a team can play, they can play. Size doesn't always matter but it's helpful. Georgia sent up a little 2a school to Cincy a few year ago for the Herbstreit classic and they beat a school in the largest classification in Ohio. They've also gone to Texas and beaten their best. Why are you bringing Elder scores into this. It has no bearing on the topic. Trinity plays a regional schedule and tries to find teams that are willing to come play them for the right price.
  2. I'm not sure why you would think this isn't a pretty good team. They've lost to 2 undefeated teams this year and they usually have at least 3-4 quality recruits per class. The year I saw them play Trinity they had two players committed to Ohio State and one to Florida. Honestly, they would probably beat most teams in Kentucky.
  3. Does every team in KY make the playoffs? In Georgia, if you have a four team region they'll use a power poll to determine who gets the 4th spot. This keeps a team that was winless from making the playoffs and can let in more deserving.
  4. Shoot, 25 years ago they would cancel on the day of as we were getting on the bus. Congrats THS, that sounds like a special team coming down the tracks.
  5. Ha, I read that as "grass" and not "glass" the first time. I just thought you were being sarcastic.
  6. 1994 Boone lost to Trinity 21-0 or was it 21-7. Great game.
  7. It's not like that here in Ga. There are always about 10-20 teams that have gone to no region schedules for various reasons. We also have two different leagues though. They have to commit to it for 4 years before they can play in the playoffs though. They'll schedule each other, teams that play in the GHSPA or out of state teams. I like the idea because we had a team in the highest classification in our region that had not scored a point in two years and had been beaten something like 900-0 the two years they were in our region. It worked for them to rebuild and get a little success. (although, they aren't much better now)
  8. Do they not already have the ability to play a non-region schedule? We have that those here in Georgia for teams that are awful and want to try and build up a program.
  9. The same T squad that just beat X 48-0? I don't see it but I guess it's possible.
  10. I think it depends on the school. I've been at schools where the band runs them and gets them. The school I am currently at lets each sport keep their concessions profits.
  11. Everyone in our region is in the same county so we're all off from school and we have our second bye week then. We'll practice Thursday night, Friday morning, Saturday morning. It's the only way to go if you can. I've been at a place before where we had a week off and a game. It stinks. So many kids try to get out of practice and some even the game. And the gate is awful.
  12. I got to meet one of North's coaches this weekend at the UGA game. I hope they can make it two in a row after talking to him.
  13. Our school let's each team pick their own uniforms. However, if we chose to go with Nike they'll give us some "Nike money" that we can use to buy coaches gear and other things with as long as Nike makes it.
  14. North Cobb is 4-1 after beating Pebblebrook in OT. We should be 5-0 but we could easily be 1-4.
  15. Who's the head coach at Prince Avenue now? Herron should have stayed imo, but that's just me.
  16. Yes, and coaches are more aware of concussion symptoms. Every time a kid says he has a head ache or feels dizzy they are sent to the trainer.
  17. That's a tough transition from Wing-T to spread.
  18. I hate to hear that. Did they change systems with the new coach?
  19. Give me a cheerleader but don't be the person who is screaming when your team makes a play and then sound depressed when the opposing team doesn't something good.
  20. Some our best years coaching were on losing teams. And talent is a much bigger deal than coaching until the playoffs start. I've seen teams from Atlanta with DI talent across the board always make the playoffs and then get bounced in the first or second round every year. Coaching matters most when talent levels are equal or close to it.
  21. He was a great teacher in the classroom. One of the few teachers that I remember.
  22. We do a 3 day camp at West Georgia. It's awesome. 15-20 show up and you get to five 40 minute scrimmages in shells plus a red zone challenge that's like college OT. You really find out your strengths and weaknesses there and what to work on. It's so much better than all of the 7v7 crap. We also do 2 one day camps where 3-5 teams will meet at a school and scrimmage each other. These usually include a one on one DB/WR challenge, board drills with the lineman, an inside/skelly period, then normal scrimmage.
  23. Have you thought about starting up a website like this? Georgia High School Helmet Project
  24. Man, I hate playing North Murray during 7 on 7. They always do a little full back dump when they need just a yard and they always run a one yard shallow route while our LBs are bailing out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.