Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

shooterx3

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by shooterx3

  1. Phares out is a huge difference maker, Keep us posted on his knee Kid is getting major looks from a lot of d-1's This is his time to shine Euton will have to step up and carry the inside game
  2. Thats why it is always nice to have parents willing to help out from the stands, especially if there are any referree isssues. Rose Hill could have used you last night:scared: :clap::taz::banana::lol:
  3. Great Story Wireman I have a somewhat "unique" perspective of the Elliot County boys, especially what I refer to as the ""F" troop. Faulkner, Faulkner, and Ferguson. I have coached against them, and I have had the unique pleasure of actually coaching them this summer against some of the best players in the country. Looking back on it, on paper, they won some games they had no business winning, but they and their teammates did win, (in spite of the coaching) I guess because they didn't know any better. I talked to a college coach that said he liked Kentucky players because they were often just "tougher" than kids from other states. These kids embody that "toughness" he was talking about. People are not drawn to them because of their overwhelming athletic ability.They are drawn to them because of their overwhelming ability to overachieve. To overcome the odds no matter what they go up against, and I have never seen them get "beat" , I have only seen them "run out of time". When this season is over, they will indeed go down as "unforgettables". And I totally understand why Coach Mays will tell you he was a lucky man to get to coach this bunch of kids. I feel the same way about the short summer we spent together along with 6 other guys who just left it on the floor almost every time out. These guys are just WINNERS! No matter what the scoreboard ends up saying. Thanks for the memories guys:thumb:
  4. I been thinking about that movie role. With Dale being as active as he is, it going to take someone in pretty good shape, I'm thinking RICHARD SIMMONS That would put a fresh spin on the "character":D
  5. I hope his 1000th point was a 3! Very fitting accomplishment for a very good player from a very nice family!:thumb:
  6. Did I get the part about the smile right?
  7. Arnold Schwarzeneger comes to mind:clap:
  8. Make that POY a three way split, make it out to the F TROOP:thumb:
  9. Corrie is a difference maker and has to have the best smile in the 10th region.:thumb: I will take the Cards to make it to Rupp if Cory is at full speed. Mason County can be tough, but they can't match Clark on the inside, and can't shoot with Stenzil and Hatton on the outside
  10. I think the columnist could have pointed out that not only are 4 of the 5 seniors on the team excel on the court, they also excel in the classroom with gpa's approaching 4.0, but that fact would not match up with his story. Hatchet job by someone who is just looking to show their intellecutual snobbery from a distance.
  11. I would like to hear the argument from Bath County on how they deserved the championship with one loss versus Elliot County with no losses? I don't know about all the sheduling conflicts except that certain coaches have a history of "working" their schedule to inflate their won-lost records P.S. Someone please tell Mascott that while Elliot didn't make it to the finals of the All A, they did make it to the semifinals, which was played on the same day as the finals. I guess Elliot should have stopped by Bath County on the way home and played?
  12. ROOTHOGABILITY? Not sure what that is, but I think I like it:D I think the key to Flyers post season will be Donovan getting on a roll from behind the arc to take some of the pressure off of Meyers. I can see Donovan getting 20 points a game in the post season if given the opportunity and making the Flyers a very tough out along with the rest of their balanced scoring.:thumb:
  13. Ferguson's edge is his first step and his vertical. There are several high quality shooters around the state, but none of them can match Ferg in these two areas. Meyers is the only other one who can match him on depth. Ferguson's strength also gives him the edge when it comes time to take it to the rack. But your right, he is more of a scorer than a shooter. Someone else may have a little higher shooting percentage, but Ferg gets more shots off because that is his role on his team and because he can.
  14. Impressive win for the Royals Looks like they are back on track:thumb:
  15. Should be a great game by some great players, and two good coaches. Franklin County has the home court advantage and a senior dominated team, and GRC is banged up. got to give Franklin the nod by 6
  16. Evan Faulkner has worked hard to get his college paid for, had a great summer, and is one of the toughest kids the 16th region has ever seen and may be the states best perimeter defender! I have only seen one other kid close to him:D
  17. I'm sure you probally didn't see a lot of games and hard to judge a summer on one or two games, but I doubt if Richie would agree with your assessment. Richie had a couple of games he scored over 30 and most games he was high double digits. He played inside and out. We had a balanced team and Richie was a big factor in most games. If you worked to get open, you got the ball. Richie had the opportunity to develop his perimeter skills this summer which will pay off for him later as he will likely be needed in the paint the majority of the time at Scott County.
  18. This list is no better than a Bolus list, just another guy's opinion. Very easy to pick holes in,starting with Evan Faulkner as most obivous. Guy has two d.1 offers on the table, and a bunch of guys ahead of him that will get no d-1 offers? Ok Like I said, about as good as a Bolus list Not hard to figure out Hood, he has a UK offer, then you start listing them about any way you like, mostly by "scouting" the internet lol Anyone can do a list these days Look for the SHOOTER REPORT
  19. Mason County will reload, but Clark County is already LOADED. They have talent and depth, and have a lot more than just Stenzel and Zollo, Purvis and Rodgers are going to be dominating sophomores. I don't have to see the train to know its coming. Clark County wins the 10th this year
  20. You can't list anyone from Scott County without starting with Richie Phares:thumb: He will be their most consistent player this year on a very talented team loaded with stars
  21. I can see where the negativity has come from on Timmy Knipps game, but I am also willing to give him the benefit of a doubt due to his age. Kids mature at different ages. The Faulkners and Ferguson matured much earlier than Knipp. I am in the camp that Timmy Knipp can have a huge year and just because of his body type have the most upside in the college game. He could be another Darius Miller type player who also took some flack at times for is level of intensity, but the talent is undeniably there. My predicition is that Timmy Knipp can be as good as he wants to be and playing with the Faulkners and Ferguson will only help the rate of his growth. If Timmy Knipp plays to his potential this year, It is not a far stretch to see a possible Elliot County Scott County matchup in the Finals at Rupp. Might be a pretty good game:D
  22. The only difference between a Bolus ranking and anyone else on this board, is Bolus tries to sell his rankings. I have never met a college coach that bought one though, so I think the main purpose of his rankings as some other posters alluded to is too sell you a spot in his camp. Anyone that gets around the state much can shoot a lot of holes in Bolus's ranking, but bottom line, his opinion is as good as anyone else's, but certainly not better. I don't think Bolus himself really watches these kids play, he just gathers information and then "spins" it anyway he wants. Take it for what its worth, just a conversation starter
  23. If the thread was titled "best basketball player" in the state, you would have an argument. Since it is entitled who is the best POINT GUARD in the state, you don't. Sanford or Jackson can play the point, but it is not their best position
  24. No. Jackson would probally outscore Faulkner. I want my point guard to Lead , make decisions, and set up the other players. Ethan Faulkner does that better than any other player in the state imo.The only one close to him is Evan Faulkner:D

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.