Best Point Guard in the state?

Who does everyone think is the best PG in the state. It seems like a pretty deep position this year. Just to throw some names out there:

Elisha Justice

Evan and Ethan Faulkner (I don't know which really plays point)

Josh Whitaker

Chad Jackson

James David Strange

Thomas Jackson

Russ Middleton

I know I have left off a lot, but these are some names that stick out to me.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does everyone think is the best PG in the state. It seems like a pretty deep position this year. Just to throw some names out there:

Elisha Justice

Evan and Ethan Faulkner (I don't know which really plays point)

Josh Whitaker

Chad Jackson

James David Strange

Thomas Jackson

Russ Middleton

I know I have left off a lot, but these are some names that stick out to me.

I think that Ethan Faulkner has the best basketball IQ. I think that Josh Whitaker is the best floor leader. I think that Chad Jackson is the most skilled. How's that for vague?

What about Vee Sanford from Lexington Catholic? He took over games in the state tournament. 22 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 steals in the 1st round win over UHA. 13 ppg, 48% FG, 35% from 3, 75% from the FT line. His numbers will only increase as a senior with the loss of Jordan Smart and Nathan Novasel.

I know these boards are skewed heavily in favor of mountain players, but didn't expect Vee Sanford of LC to be left off the initial list.
He's just throwing some names out, for consideration. We would encourage our BGP Members, to submit names for discussion and evaluation, from all across the state....:thumb:

Sanford, is a solid basketball player and should have an exceptional year. He is often considered a 2.

Some additional names:

Guyn - Scott County

Cox - Ballard

Cosby - J'Town he may play some point

Morones - Bryan Station

Hutson - Paul Dunbar

I know these boards are skewed heavily in favor of mountain players, but didn't expect Vee Sanford of LC to be left off the initial list.

I didn't put him on there because he is kindof iffy as the point guard. I think he played there last year out of necessity. Not that he isn't or can't be a good point guard, but I think of him as more of a wing. The same goes for players like Ge'lawn Guyn and Aaron Cosby.

He's just throwing some names out, for consideration. We would encourage our BGP Members, to submit names for discussion and evaluation, from all across the state....:thumb:

Sanford, is a solid basketball player and should have an exceptional year.

Thats really what I want to happen. I know there are a lot of good pgs out there that I don't necessarily know that much about.

What about Vee Sanford from Lexington Catholic? He took over games in the state tournament. 22 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 steals in the 1st round win over UHA. 13 ppg, 48% FG, 35% from 3, 75% from the FT line. His numbers will only increase as a senior with the loss of Jordan Smart and Nathan Novasel.

I too like Vee's Game, I think he protects the rock well!