Everything posted by G1
-
Scott County 42 Ryle 40
You're probably right about that. I should've said several of those teams fans thought that!
-
Lafayette 63 Simon Kenton 41
Simon Kenton's offense was impressive. Both Qb's and I liked the fast wing back too. But the SK defense reminded me of Highlands defense this year. Almost non-existent. That's why both teams have off season conditioning this week instead of Thanksgiving weekend football.
-
Covington Holy Cross 26 Newport Central Catholic 21
I saw one NCC freshmen game this year. I was quite surprised and somewhat impressed with the talent on the freshmen team.
-
Scott County 42 Ryle 40
This was a solid Ryle team but nothing super special imo. The QB was great. Solid line play. Decent defense. But, 2010 Ryle with Elliott was better. This loss even supports that opinion. Scott County isn't as good as advertised or even as strong as they were last year. They almost and probably should have lost to Highlands this year. It seems a few N Ky teams(Ryle, SK, and Covcath) had the false pretense that they were improved because they defeated the weakest Highlands team that anyone still alive can remember.
-
Covington Holy Cross 26 Newport Central Catholic 21
A nice night for football. I really enjoyed seeing this game. Holy Cross was the better team. NCC likely wasn't going any further than this game anyway. May as well get to work defending the basketball regional title.
-
Fern Creek 35 Covington Catholic 28
What was so great about Covcath's season besides beating Highlands who was terrible? They didn't get past the 3rd round for the 10th consecutive year. If Highlands wouldn't have dropped off so much, Covcath would've been beat in the 2nd round at Fern Creek instead of the 3rd. A successful season at a state power is a state championship. It might have been a fun season, but shouldn't the expectations be higher?
-
Covington Catholic 2016
I'm going to go out on a limb. I predict a 4-6 regular season, followed by blowout wins in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs against weak opponents. In round 3 Highlands beats them again and it's on to basketball.
-
Top Freshman Teams in Nky Next year
I have heard he's likely playing freshmen again. But, I no longer have someone in the program so my information could be incorrect.
-
Newport Central Catholic/Highlands (36th Dist. Semi-Final) updates
- Highlands Aims For Bigger Things With Full Access to Facilities in Offseason
Have you guys gotten over that yet Mexitucky? At least Ncc still played back then. The guys attending Ncc now, no longer get the chance to come to Ft. Thomas and play on the big field in a football environment.- Frankfort ending series with Franklin County??
This thread reminds me of how Ncc is costing the N. Ky. area a good gate, because they won't take their beating from Highlands any longer.- The NCC muffed punt should have been a touchback - blown call by the officals
Did Ncc win any during that time frame? It seems like they've lost most of the time when they've been in the finals and they were the underdog again today. The fans should've been there. I don't know if a correct call would have made a difference or not in this game. Ncc defense played a fine game. The offense was stuffed, but Ncc was capable of breaking a long play like what happened against Danville. It still felt like Mayfield had control the entire time after the 1st qtr though. Ncc gets a free pass to the semis every season being in a weak region, but the team still had a solid season. They were much better at the end of the year because of playing a strong early season schedule.- Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
In my opinion this Highlands team was a success. From where this team was at the start of the year to where it finshed couldn't be believed unless it was seen firsthand. Coach Weinrich did an excellent job getting his team better. The players drive and determination makes them champions. They could've quit several times this year but kept fighting. The Friday loss was disappointing because the team turned it around and still had a real shot to win state. I believe every player and coach in that locker room thought they were on the way to another state title. It just so happens Pulaski County was also a great team too and made the necessary adjustments to win the game. Pulaski coaches, players, and fans were class acts. The ones I talked to after the game were relieved to have won, and were very complimentary to our team and town.- Is CovCath/Highlands still a major KY rivalry?
It isn't the late 80's early 90's anymore. Covcath fans seem to like to say the winner wins state almost every year. Yet Covcath has like 1 title in 20 years. Covcath fans need to quit attaching their success or lack thereof to a playoff loss to Highlands every year. They seem to want to create the perception that they would win state every one of the years if they won the Game. I don't necessarily see it that way. Many of the games are blowouts too. The cold hard facts are Covcath has the same number of titles in the last couple decades and belongs in the same company of teams such as Russell, Breathitt, Bell Co, Cov Holy Cross, Lexington Christian, and Hazard. People keep giving their 4-9 teams a pass because they lose to Highlands in the playoffs.- What games (that didn't and won't happen) would you have loved to see this year?
Beechwood destroyed Ncc. Covcath running clocks Ncc.- Pulaski County/Highlands 5A State Semifinals Predictions
I'll take Highlands by 2 TD's. How many guys will start Friday that didn't start at Scott County? The QB has gained experience and is doing a phenomenal job. The defense is swarming. The receivers are healthy and a few younger guys are also helping there. The line is blocking as a unit. Special teams are stellar. I like Highlands chances.- Is CovCath/Highlands still a major KY rivalry?
- Simon Kenton/Cooper Playoffs Round 3 Predictions
Should be a great game. I'll root for whatever N Ky team comes out of here the rest of the way. I'm just glad there's certain teams sanitizing the equipment and putting it back in storage after some of the comments I've read from fans this year. Even UK1fan has been good this year.- Simon Kenton 41 Ryle 23
If you go back and read comments from guys like Raider Railbird, Nation Raider, Raider Nation or whatever his name is, it leads me to believe they expected a deeper post season run. A least a deeper one than Highlands.- Simon Kenton/Cooper Playoffs Round 3 Predictions
If no pass rush and 7 or 8 in coverage, the Qb will start taking off and running for big gains.- Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions
Btw, great job on pictures at so many different events.- 3A Third Round: Caldwell County/Elizabethtown predictions
I looked again. Is there any team that Elizabethtown played that's still alive and playing? Their schedule is that bad. I'll take Caldwell County to win this game by 20!- 3A Third Round: Caldwell County/Elizabethtown predictions
I know nothing about Etown. But one thing that stands out to me is that might have played the weakest schedule in the state. Which win this year is Etown hanging their hat on? I certainly don't see the good win in any of those 12.- 3A Playoffs: Rank the Final Eight
Central Belfry Lexcath Caldwell Corbin Lawrence Bell Etown(how can you tell anything?) easiest schedule in the state.- Simon Kenton/Cooper Playoffs Round 3 Predictions
I also think a muddy field helps SK more than Cooper. I think Cooper can win if they take care of the football and force a few SK turnovers. Key will be stopping SK on first and second down forcing more 3rd and longs and making SK pass. I think they also need to get a pass rush. If they sit back like they did against Conner, they might get picked apart. - Highlands Aims For Bigger Things With Full Access to Facilities in Offseason