Is CovCath/Highlands still a major KY rivalry?

CCHDynasty

CCH vs HHS Still a Top Rivalry?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. CCH vs HHS Still a Top Rivalry?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth be told, CovCath hasn't had the talent to compete with Highlands or any of the other big boys in 20 years. CovCath, much to the dismay of alumni and fans, is a soccer and basketball school. You can even throw some really good baseball teams in there but they are nowhere near interesting or relevant in football, haven't been in 20 years, and may never be again. Those of you who argue against that fact are just fooling yourselves. This is a one sided rivalry. Matter of fact it isn't and probably won't be a relevant rivalry ever again.

Truth be told, CovCath hasn't had the talent to compete with Highlands or any of the other big boys in 20 years. CovCath, much to the dismay of alumni and fans, is a soccer and basketball school. You can even throw some really good baseball teams in there but they are nowhere near interesting or relevant in football, haven't been in 20 years, and may never be again. Those of you who argue against that fact are just fooling yourselves. This is a one sided rivalry. Matter of fact it isn't and probably won't be a relevant rivalry ever again.

Well that statement certainly isn't sugarcoated. And I think it's safe to say that unfortunately, there is a lot of truth in that statement. Although your last sentence seems highly pessimistic. The future is uncertain and I think that two years ago, nobody expected Highlands to get blown out by multiple NKY teams in the same season. Highlands might be back on track, but the point is that things change. Tom Brady might actually lose a game. Who knows?

I think Eviston has the ship righted in a couple of years. When CovCath got the ball and started driving tonight when it was 13-7, I thought the momentum was all with them to start the turnaround, but the turnovers ruled. Credit to Highlands for taking advantage of them. Lots of fight in that Colonel squad. They'll be fine. Highlands might be fine as well, though.

For those of you that think this isn't a rivalry between these two schools, you are fooling yourselves. Largest home crowd of the season for Highlands. I would argue probably largest crowd for CCH vs a NKY opponent. Why would all those people continue to come? I know why, because it's HHS/CCH! And listening to comments on the field and heading to the cars, post-game, nothing really out of character, "Go Pulaski" by one passerby, and 100% true comment by another in "can't believe they ran the score up", I can gaureentee its still a rivalry. And oh yeah, the basketball season just got a bit interesting too! That will be fun. That rivalry by some just jumped 1000% if that's possible.

Folks, it's still a rivalry!

For those of you that think this isn't a rivalry between these two schools, you are fooling yourselves. Largest home crowd of the season for Highlands. I would argue probably largest crowd for CCH vs a NKY opponent. Why would all those people continue to come? I know why, because it's HHS/CCH! And listening to comments on the field and heading to the cars, post-game, nothing really out of character, "Go Pulaski" by one passerby, and 100% true comment by another in "can't believe they ran the score up", I can gaureentee its still a rivalry. And oh yeah, the basketball season just got a bit interesting too! That will be fun. That rivalry by some just jumped 1000% if that's possible.

Not to high jack a thread, but how did the basketball season get more interesting? Are you referring to the SPX/HMS games Thursday, or did something happen at the high school level?

Ran up the score?

They didn't run up the darn score. Those are misguided comments by an emotional fan. EVERY team has groups of fans like this. We could start a very long thread exchanging examples of obnoxious/misguided fan behavior amongst Highlands and Cov Cath fan bases. Whatever.

This same question is asked on here twice a year without fail - after Cov Cath loses to HHS in the regular season, and after they lose in the playoffs.

I would argue probably largest crowd for CCH vs a NKY opponent.

That could have happened vs any local team in a late round playoff game.

Why would all those people continue to come? I know why, because it's HHS/CCH!

They come because old people like to live in the past. By any objective measure in 2015, this is not a top rivalry or major rivalry. Maybe it used to be. Close games, blowout games, regular season, playoffs - doesn't matter, the outcome is always the same.

If Cov Cath couldn't get it done this year, when does it happen?