Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SportsFan62

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SportsFan62

  1. Didnt shut them out it was 4-1. They fell apart in the sixth inning and had a few errors to give them their runs
  2. A coach cant just tell his players to purposely get out, if they hit they hit, not much you can do about it.
  3. They lost 2-1 to Lex Cath in 8 innings, and the Holy Cross game was a very good one too. Also beat holmes right after this Beechwood game.
  4. I'm pretty sure that Steve Hart also helped coaching at Ludlow this year.
  5. Definitely not a race issue! Dickie was a Covington kid while Doug Schloemer came from Edgewood, I believe.
  6. I'm pretty sure that Dave Derkson is correct and Richard did play at CCH much earlier. Wasn't there a Chris Berns as well on the bench?
  7. It seemed to me that after Cotton picked up 2 fouls in the first, Holmes did not seem to attack him, even after they left him in for a couple minutes. I think attacking him would have made a big difference in the game. Just curious why they did not seem to attack him while he stayed in the game with 2 fouls.
  8. I thought that the officiating is just what the 9th region needed because for years we have been surprised but the physicality of the game once you get to Rupp. Holmes has played enough around the state to have adjusted and I think they did an excellent job. The 16th region officials definitely let them play but they were always consistent on both ends of the floor. I really didn't understand the number of travelings that were called last night. Most of those calls were in uncontested situations, again on both ends of the floor, that I don't think the 9th region has seen all year. Defense definitely had alot to do with the low score but the excessive traveling calls contributed as well.
  9. I know at the All "A" NCC sent multiple buses to the March for Life trip. I believe that was the main reason for lack of student support at least during the All "A" game.
  10. As an outsider from the 9th region with no familiarity of the 16th region officials I find it curious that this thread was started by someone with a screen name of Koun Dog and lists Bob Kouns twice as an option?
  11. None of the links will work for me. I wish I could find a link that worked.
  12. I was at the other end and saw about 7 players jumping to tip it and it apperared Pompilio tipped the ball. Hard to tell from the other side of the court though.
  13. So i guess Pompilio did not tip this ball in? From the stands it appeared Pompilion may have tipped the ball in himself.
  14. I don't think that it is a matter of blowing everyone out by 20 but simply a matter of expectations. Reality check is that Holmes is the only team with a chance from NKY to win the state title and they are not performing to that expectation. I believe that Holmes has not changed a bit all year in that they consistently play to the competition and do just enough to win the game that they happen to be playing. I will be at Rupp and hope that Holmes has it's act together!
  15. Malachicrunch, What's up with the Highland's student fans? I counted about 35 at the game sitting up pretty high in the student area and acting very dis-interested plus the 3 that you mentioned. Is there very little support because there are no seniors on the team? If I were a basketball player who supported the very successful football program I'd be a little disappointed about the reciprocal support.
  16. First of all Blake Trimpe is from St. Paul which is a SHDHS feeder but he was going to HC regardless so I wouldn't include him. The interesting thing about the athletes that go to CCH specifically for football is that there are so few spots available in basketball that I'm sure CCH intramurals best players could compete at the high school varsity level.
  17. I'm pretty sure that St. Henry never cracked the top 10 this year. I understand the dilution of talent argument but I will tell you that the fact that St. Henry doesn't have football has meant that they have lost many potential athletes. There are many feeder school students that go to CCH and even Dixie because of no football program at St. Henry.
  18. "Jonathan Ferguson is older than Shae by a year and 10 days, but she says the two are practically like twins."
  19. Agreed about Dixie! I think that the Dixie and St. Henry student sections were very good Friday night. There were some very funny cheers back and forth (Hail Mary by the St. Henry student section followed by a "God's on our side" cheer by the Dixie student section). There was one inappropriate cheer from Dixie and I noticed that a female teacher from Dixie put an end to it right away. Great atmosphere and game!
  20. Blake Trimpe from Holy Cross!
  21. Ya i understand that. I am not taking anything away from beechwood. Just pointing out the fact. I would have liked to see them against some of the bigger schools as well.
  22. Not saying Beechwood is bad, but their schedule was not really difficult. Yes, they had some good wins, but in the Region Tourney they aren't going to be playing teams like Dayton, Bellevue, Villa, and those small schools. I realize they needed to play the DIII teams, but most of their wins have come against teams they should have beaten.
  23. Schroth? (sp?) They have some nice shooters for when Bryan drives. THeir biggest need is a solid big man.
  24. That means Villa has 3 strong players returning next year.(Am I missing any?) They should be a fun team to watch.
  25. I wasn't trying to be biased (I did exagerate), but I thought he tried to get his anger out with the choke. To me that's pretty dirty.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.