Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Holmes... Best NKY team ever?

Featured Replies

With this years' Holmes team finishing 36-2 and winning just the second state championship in nky history, is it reasonable to consider them the best team to ever come out of the area?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this years' Holmes team finishing 36-2 and winning just the second state championship in nky history, is it reasonable to consider them the best team to ever come out of the area?

 

I'd say second to the 78 Holmes team.

The 3 year run Holmes has had is unreal

 

06-07 25-10 State semis

07-08 34-3 State runner up

08-09 36-2 State champ

It's hard to compare different era's due to rule changes such as the three point shot, no dunking, and travel compared to what you have today! The 67 and 68 teams of CovCath and I believe the 78 Holmes team would give the current Holmes team a run for their money, as well as the Simon Kenton team that won the Ninths first State Championship. Things were quite different then, compared to today, so it hard to say!

I said to a friend at the Scott Co. game, that this years Holmes team was the best I have seen in the 9th. But going back and rethinking that, I have to put the 78 team there also. 1A and 1B. take your pick as to which is which.

The 3 year run Holmes has had is unreal

 

06-07 25-10 State semis

07-08 34-3 State runner up

08-09 36-2 State champ

 

And they ain't done!

It's hard to compare different era's due to rule changes such as the three point shot, no dunking, and travel compared to what you have today! The 67 and 68 teams of CovCath and I believe the 78 Holmes team would give the current Holmes team a run for their money, as well as the Simon Kenton team that won the Ninths first State Championship. Things were quite different then, compared to today, so it hard to say!

 

I agree with you on the CovCath and Holmes teams, but SK's 1981 team would have taken a beating from this Holmes team. Just to give you example, Holmes 1980 team with Beal & company was beating the same SK team by 39.

Edited by Tiger1

  • Author
Honestly, I would have to say yes.

 

I'm with you. It's rare that you see a team here in nky that has the type of athleticism, size, length, and talent that this years' team had. Scary thing is, like Machicrunch said, they aren't done yet. With Ricardo, JJ, and Elijah returning next year, we may be asking the same question around the same time next March.

Any chance Pittman leaves for say an Oak Hills or equivalent next year?

Any chance Pittman leaves for say an Oak Hills or equivalent next year?

 

 

No chance. However, I do believe he would benefit from something like that.

I never seen them play and am just wondering. How would the 98 Highlands team stack up with the 09 Holmes team with Lorenzen and Smith?

I never seen them play and am just wondering. How would the 98 Highlands team stack up with the 09 Holmes team with Lorenzen and Smith?

 

Two great players, but IMO: this years Holmes team would have beaten that Highlands team by 10+.

Two great players, but IMO: this years Holmes team would have beaten that Highlands team by 10+.

 

Gotta agree:thumb:

I agree with you on the CovCath and Holmes teams, but SK's 1981 team would have taken a beating from this Holmes team. Just to give you example, Holmes 1980 team with Beal & company was beating the same SK team by 39.

 

 

I have to correct you, they weren't playing the same team if it was in '80.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.