Everything posted by SportsFan62
-
St. Henry 69, Villa 43
I still agree with NKYBoy, it may have seemed like he went for the ball, but I personally got a choke out of the play. Just how I saw it though.
-
St. Henry 69, Villa 43
The third pictures was one of the dirtiest plays i've seen in HS basketball. If you had a good angle at it, you could clearly see the intent was to choke St. Henry's player.
-
Sportsmanship at Its Finest!!!!
I just watched it. I didn't even see your post and when they began to show it I thought it seemed familiar. Personally I liked this write up better but it was still a great story on Sportscenter.
-
Covington Holy Cross 57 St. Henry 41
Are you saying St. Henry never has students at their games, or just not this game? I'm confused by your comment.
-
I haven't won a basketball prize 9th Region Contest
Covington Holmes
-
Sportsmanship at Its Finest!!!!
That is a great story. Something that more people should see.
-
Covington Holy Cross 55 Dixie 39
I do not know him, but from what I have read he has been held back and is good friends with Holmes 8th grader McClendon. Some people are unsure whether he'll go to Dixie for HS.
-
Covington Holy Cross 55 Dixie 39
He is actually on Dixie. But i disagree, it seemed like the big guy on Dixie (Big Strong Blonde Haired kid) kept them in the game. I thought the key for the Indians was shutting down Pompilio (sp?). I left with like 3:30 left in the game and I do not think Pompilio scored.
-
Dixie Heights @ Covington Holy Cross (2/16)
Ill take Dixie by 6.
-
How Many FTs Should Be Awarded?
Do you guys make the same call if Team B has only 6 subs? Do you eject their entire bench?
-
St. Henry 59 Covington Catholic 54
What's up with senior Jordan Counts? (I think that's right) I believe that he actually started at the beginning of the year but he didn't see the floor last night.
-
State Tournament Dates
That is correct! March 18th through the 21st!
-
Boone County 45 Holmes 38
Amen brother!
-
Boone County 45 Holmes 38
Yes, Pittman was definately hurt. One of the Holmes assistant coaches had Pittman squeeze his hand, but Pittman was in a little too much pain. I believe that is why he was out. Flotsam, this was an upset. I did not look at the thread but I guarentee you Eta was not the only one who picked them to win.
-
St. Henry 60 Ludlow 30
At the end of the 3rd the score was 38 - 27
-
St. Henry 60 Ludlow 30
A little closer than the final suggests!
-
District 34
The Ludlow game is actually Monday night.
-
St. Henry @ Newport 2/6
There is a dance but they are always held in the cafeteria. The game is definitely called off though
-
St. Henry @ Newport 2/6
The game has been cancelled tonight due to a leak in the roof at Newport!
-
Game Cancellations
St. Henry @ Newport is cancelled tonight due to a leak in the roof at Newport
-
Holmes 67 Scott 66 (OT)
I hate to say it Eta, but there are only 2 people in the gym who don't care who wins and they happen to be put in the best position to call the game. I know that you are a true Holmes fan, but some of your commentary about how they are treated by officials make it tough for others to sympathize. Good win by Holmes and I would guess that Henley is glad that this game happened at this time. Go Bulldogs!
-
Game Cancellations
I know some private schools at least include a couple extra days in case of off days. With this being said, private schools are not off as much as public schools are, but if they have the extra days already in the schedule, the opposing team was at school, and the roads are fine by game time, why not have the game?
-
NKY Student Sections
I have really been surprised at the St. Henry games I have been too. The past couple years the student support has gone down, but it is very good this year.
-
Holmes 69 Largo, MD 62
The rule that your undershirt must match the base color of your jersey must be a KY rule because the Largo kids had all different combonations!
-
NewCath 67 St. Henry 58
I saw a picture in the Enquirer this week showing 3 buses of NCC students going to Washington DC for the Right to Life March. I think that the March was actually Wednesday so I assume they extended their trip because the NCC students are usually much better represented at games than they were last night. Obviously a worthy reason to miss a high school basketball game!