Covington Holy Cross 55 Dixie 39

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Close game in the third quarter when Sophomore Joe Allen went on a big personal 5-0 run for the Indians and pushed that lead up to nine and the Indians started to run away with it. Allen is looking like he's ready to be a varsity player. He adds defense and scoring to the Indians lineup. He should be a great player next year for HC. His outside shot has come a long way since the beginning of the year.

Trammel was tough for the Colonels all night. He does a great job of hanging in the air and adjusting his jumpshot and still being able to make it. I was pretty impressed with his play.

Indians are extremely dangerous if they make a couple outside shots the way they did tonight. Trimpe and Eastin both hit a couple which is rare that they are on the same night. It takes those 40 point games to mid 50's, and that is going to be good enough to beat most teams with that defense.

Another night of a solid big man getting slowed by the Indians team defense.

Giwa had some unreal moves tonight.

I wasn't to impressed with the seventh grader Hatten. He forces shots way to much. He needs to find his role in the team. Then he will be a better for the team.

Hopefully he will be able to find his role for the Indians over the next 5 years. :notworthy:

Hopefully he will be able to find his role for the Indians over the next 5 years. :notworthy:

He is actually on Dixie. But i disagree, it seemed like the big guy on Dixie (Big Strong Blonde Haired kid) kept them in the game. I thought the key for the Indians was shutting down Pompilio (sp?). I left with like 3:30 left in the game and I do not think Pompilio scored.

Did I read that correctly?

Dixie's varsity team has a 7th grader on the team? And he plays?

Brandon Hatton. Should be an 8th grader, but either way he is very solid and will probably start varsity next year as an 8th grader. Hatton reminds me a lot of Mike Hester from few years ago.

Hatton's at Dixie now, but the question is for how long? Not saying it's true or not, but some think Dixie may just be a "pit stop" to get some varsity experience before moving to a different school. Very good possiblity he ends up wearing a different red and white uniform before it's all said and done....Hatton is originally from Covington...:sssh:

Brandon Hatton. Should be an 8th grader, but either way he is very solid and will probably start varsity next year as an 8th grader. Hatton reminds me a lot of Mike Hester from few years ago.

Hatton's at Dixie now, but the question is for how long? Not saying it's true or not, but some think Dixie may just be a "pit stop" to get some varsity experience before moving to a different school. Very good possiblity he ends up wearing a different red and white uniform before it's all said and done....Hatton is originally from Covington...:sssh:

Hester was much quicker and probably better defensively than Hatton at the same age. Hatton is probably a little thicker than Michael was at the same age. Hatton probably has a better outside shot and both have very good basketball IQ's at that age.

Close game in the third quarter when Sophomore Joe Allen went on a big personal 5-0 run for the Indians and pushed that lead up to nine and the Indians started to run away with it. Allen is looking like he's ready to be a varsity player. He adds defense and scoring to the Indians lineup. He should be a great player next year for HC. His outside shot has come a long way since the beginning of the year.

Trammel was tough for the Colonels all night. He does a great job of hanging in the air and adjusting his jumpshot and still being able to make it. I was pretty impressed with his play.

Indians are extremely dangerous if they make a couple outside shots the way they did tonight. Trimpe and Eastin both hit a couple which is rare that they are on the same night. It takes those 40 point games to mid 50's, and that is going to be good enough to beat most teams with that defense.

Another night of a solid big man getting slowed by the Indians team defense.

Giwa had some unreal moves tonight.

Allen's three was HUGE. And I agree HC will be a tough out in the first round of districts. They are tough at their home floor. The small court will work in their favor.