Everything posted by Jtown
-
The 9th Region Tourney is complete, what are the Pro's and Con's?
I was going to say the exact same thing. I don't mind the idea of importing officials, but I was very disappointed with the 16th region officials. I would rather have our own officials than the 16th regions
-
Holmes 32 Boone County 29
:thumb:
-
Update on former Holmes star Greg Rice and his Columbus State team in NJCAA Div II
Great to see him have success.
-
Top Players in the Sweet 16
I like your list. The only thing I would change is I would put Ricardo Johnson in front of Elijah Pittman. Ricardo has been playing very well lately. Pittman is also a very good player, but there have been several teams this year that have shut him down. I have not seen a team this year completely shut down Ricardo.
-
Boone County vs Beechwood
I love the match ups in this game. Both teams match up very well. I'm going to go with Boone in this one. I think they have more scorers than Beechwood. I also think the depth of Boone will help them in this one.
-
St. Henry vs Highlands
I agree. I also agree that Faust is the best coach in the region, but Voice of Reason is right St. Henry always has some talent. I think what the people are trying to say is that for the talent that St. Henry has, they still shouldn't beat some of the powerhouse teams that they seem to beat every year.
-
Players to watch in the 9th Region Tourney
I didn't necessarily mean to deny him the ball, but maybe put a long defender on him. Conner is pretty short. The times I have watched him play I have never seen him take it to the basket. If there is always a hand in his face I think you can shut him down.
-
Holmes vs Ryle
I like Holmes in this game. They are to athletic for Ryle. And lets not forget the last time they played at BOK, they absolutely lit it up from outside in that building.
-
Players to watch in the 9th Region Tourney
I don't think Conner from NCC will do much in the tournament. I know he had a big night against Highlands, but I don't think he is good enough to do that on consecutive nights. He is a good player, but teams will be putting some of their best defenders on him. I just don't think he has proved that he is good enough to do what he did against Highlands in consecutive games.
-
Holmes 64 Beechwood 43
I think Beechwood might struggle in the region because they aren't very deep. They only play six guys. On a college court, they might struggle, especially if someone presses the entire game.
-
Boone County 65 Ryle 50
Good win for Boone. I agree with what everyone is saying. Every one of Boone's starters can affectively score the ball. They are going to be a very hard team to beat in the regional tournament.
-
Holmes 64 Beechwood 43
Personally I expected more out of Pittman due to Beechwoods lack of size. They do have a big kid named Smith down low, but he is not nearly as athletic as Pittman. I thought Pittman could have done better, but this is a team game not an individual one. Great win for Holmes.
-
35th District: Beechwood v Holmes (2/28)
Beechwood is a very solid team, arguably one of the best Beechwood teams ever. I think it is possible for them to pull off the upset, but I don't see it happening. Beechwood does not match up well with Holmes.
-
Bishop Brossart 53 Campbell County 46
Great win for Brossart. These two teams play similar styles of basketball. I was not able to watch the game, but my guess is that it was a very physical game. Good luck to Brossart.
-
Newport Central Catholic vs Highlands
NCC is a tough place to play, they always seem to bring a big crowd. I think this will be a very physical game. Highlands should be working on their free throws after that Newport game. I like Highlands in this one.
-
Ryle 58 Conner 56 (OT)
Sounds like a great game. I wish I could have been there. Glad to hear Stauffer have a big night. He has potential to be a very good player in the future.
-
Highlands 71 Newport 61
Great win for Highlands. Glad to see them advance. Good luck to them in the district finals and the regionals.
-
35th District: Beechwood v Holmes (2/28)
I think Pittman will have a big night. I think he will be pumped up and ready to go. Wheather it is Smith or Snyder guarding him, he will be huge on the offensive boards. I like Holmes in this one.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
This is coming from the person who backs up Pittman for trash talking time and time again. It seems pretty classless to talk trash an entire game like he does.
-
Holmes 45 Holy Cross 24
You kept saying he didn't start because Holmes wanted to go with a quicker lineup. I guess that source isn't so reliable anymore.
-
Holmes 55 Simon Kenton 47
IMO if I was a Holmes fan I would be worried. They play HC in districts this Tuesday and HC is a tough team to play right now. Last time these two teams faced eachother HC shot the ball terribly. If HC continues to shoot the ball like they are right now, they have a very good chance of beating Holmes.
-
State Tournament Officials
Tim O'Hara from the 9th region.
-
St. Henry @ Covington Holy Cross (2/20)
Yes it is the last home game as well as the last regular season game for HC.
-
Ryle 50 Newport Central Catholic 48
I agree. I was not at the game, but to many times games are blamed on the officials. Its not like the players are perfect and neither are the ref's. Sure I can say there are very bad ref's who control how games go. But no game is lost by a ref.
-
St. Henry @ Covington Holy Cross (2/20)
This is going to be another hard fought game. Each team is very well coached and will be prepared for this game. I think Holy Cross needs to play good all four quarters to win this one.