State Tournament Officials

IMOM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear it's Mike Melton from the 14th for the girls state tournament and Glenn Napier for the boys. Not sure if that is correct, but it's what I was told.

Glenn Napier is a good one. Called the 13th last year and was miles ahead of the others. He seemed to be very focused and tried to call it right down the middle. I think he had the Championship game if that tells you about his abilities.

The Bluegrass Basketball Association, which services the 10th and 11th Regions, has many deserving individuals who could work the state tournament.

In the many years I have watched 11th region basketball, and compared the state tournament, night in and night out 11th region basketball is as competitive and as good as it gets on a consisitent basis. The play is athletic and above the rim constantly, and I am not sure the other regions officials actually see this type of competition night in and night out.

There are good officials all over this state, BUT some of the officials that make it from some of the other regions it seems just can't call the game as well as the officials from the 10th and the 11th.

I can name Several that deserve to go but I feel naming them I would leave someone off.:thumb:

I hear it's Mike Melton from the 14th for the girls state tournament and Glenn Napier for the boys. Not sure if that is correct, but it's what I was told.

I did hear from the 14th that Melton(would be his first) or Richie(who went last year) for the girls, and Napier has been for three years in a row with 2 State Finals, so I think they have went with someone else this year from what I hear. Brian Cook or Steve Thomas was the names I have heard. Should be finding out soon.