Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tournament Officials

Featured Replies

There is usually a lot of talk about this on here but all quiet so far. Thought we would get a thread going to discuss. So who is going to the State Tournament from your region?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if that's been determined yet. My guess is you'll see Tim O'Hara from the 9th.

I would hope it would be Coldiron from the 8th. He is by far the best they have to offer.

I hear it's Mike Melton from the 14th for the girls state tournament and Glenn Napier for the boys. Not sure if that is correct, but it's what I was told.

I hear it's Mike Melton from the 14th for the girls state tournament and Glenn Napier for the boys. Not sure if that is correct, but it's what I was told.

 

Glenn Napier is a good one. Called the 13th last year and was miles ahead of the others. He seemed to be very focused and tried to call it right down the middle. I think he had the Championship game if that tells you about his abilities.

Mike Walker from the 15th

16th I would say either Bobby Hall or Marla Gearhart.

 

Don't forget Joe Billman.

Tim O'Hara from the 9th region.

The Bluegrass Basketball Association, which services the 10th and 11th Regions, has many deserving individuals who could work the state tournament.

 

In the many years I have watched 11th region basketball, and compared the state tournament, night in and night out 11th region basketball is as competitive and as good as it gets on a consisitent basis. The play is athletic and above the rim constantly, and I am not sure the other regions officials actually see this type of competition night in and night out.

 

There are good officials all over this state, BUT some of the officials that make it from some of the other regions it seems just can't call the game as well as the officials from the 10th and the 11th.

 

I can name Several that deserve to go but I feel naming them I would leave someone off.:thumb:

KHSAA with help from assigners is how the officials are chosen, I believe.

I hear it's Mike Melton from the 14th for the girls state tournament and Glenn Napier for the boys. Not sure if that is correct, but it's what I was told.

 

I did hear from the 14th that Melton(would be his first) or Richie(who went last year) for the girls, and Napier has been for three years in a row with 2 State Finals, so I think they have went with someone else this year from what I hear. Brian Cook or Steve Thomas was the names I have heard. Should be finding out soon.

Marla Gearhart was assigned to the Boys State tourney last year but did not referee a game for some reason.

^ I was told she had a college assignment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.