State Tournament Officials

IMOM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they dont take any from the 1 region, nough said. Officials at one time were picked by regions. In odd number years officials from odd number regions were assigned according to their ranking in their respective region,and then a few were picked by KHSAA staff, those in good standing with the staff.

I'm not sure who the 10th and 11th will send by they have many good ones. Chamberlin has been before and is really good but I would go with Bart Lenox this year. It's his time. He is really good and is ready for the big show!

Bart would be a great choice! I know it won't be John Chamberlain, he took a leave of absence this year to watch his daughter play her senior year,

Guest American Skier

Think the 16th will send 3 officials. Bobby Hall; Marla Gearhart; and Joe Billman. Marla is working the tournament in Iowa for the NIAI Level. Do not know if this will keep her from calling in the KHSAA state tournament due to scheduling conflicts.

Guest American Skier

You are correct. She worked the championship game in the tournament. First time a first year officials has been assigned to the championship game. She is definitely a quality official; probably will not see her in the high school ranks long. She will be doing college ball or possibly the NBA in a few years. She is that good!!!!

I'm not sure who the 10th and 11th will send by they have many good ones. Chamberlin has been before and is really good but I would go with Bart Lenox this year. It's his time. He is really good and is ready for the big show!

I am still trying to figure out why everyone is so high on Lenox. It took John (one of the best officials I have ever seen, 20 years to reach the state tournament). Lenox got a region final in just his 7th year, and like many post have already stated missed the calls (Knowles walk/double dribble) which was right in front of him, and I saw him tell Coach O'Hearn that the ball was tipped when no one was within 5 feet of him.

I just think there are other guys who should get their chance.

Don't tell me that it is not political (and anbody who knows, knows what I mean)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sportsfan you are right that Bart Lenox would be an excellent choice.

But there are several guys from the BBA that are deserving and PAID their dues through many years of service. These guys call some of the highest profile games in the state.:D

When you Your talking Scott Co, Bryan Station, Mason Co, Clark Co, ETC....

Then you Throw Holmes, Ballard, Male, PRP, Elliott Co just to name a few that show up to play a 10th or 11th region team, these officials call stste tournament caliber games on a weekly basis.:ylsuper:

I know there are alot of officials in the BBA that strive to do the best they can on the court night in and night out. They are the most consisitant in how they call the games from one night to the next. It doesn't matter who is on the game, Mr. Chasteen has done a great job in trying to implement a more precise way of officiating the game of basketball. Does that mean every game is officiated perfectly. NO! The officials are human just like the coaches, players, and fans.

I hope to see some new faces from the BBA down at Rupp. They will be well deserving. :sssh:

I really hope you are only joking, when you say Sandlin is better than either Coldiron or Knollman. He's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Sandlin is not as great as everyone thinks he is. Sandlin has to be the center of attention when the game itself should be the center of attention. NOT the OFFICIAL. Coldiron and Knollman are both better.