State Tournament Officials

IMOM

Sportsfan you are right that Bart Lenox would be an excellent choice.

But there are several guys from the BBA that are deserving and PAID their dues through many years of service. These guys call some of the highest profile games in the state.:D

When you Your talking Scott Co, Bryan Station, Mason Co, Clark Co, ETC....

Then you Throw Holmes, Ballard, Male, PRP, Elliott Co just to name a few that show up to play a 10th or 11th region team, these officials call stste tournament caliber games on a weekly basis.:ylsuper:

I know there are alot of officials in the BBA that strive to do the best they can on the court night in and night out. They are the most consisitant in how they call the games from one night to the next. It doesn't matter who is on the game, Mr. Chasteen has done a great job in trying to implement a more precise way of officiating the game of basketball. Does that mean every game is officiated perfectly. NO! The officials are human just like the coaches, players, and fans.

I hope to see some new faces from the BBA down at Rupp. They will be well deserving. :sssh:

I agree with you totally! I have made several quotes on here about how the BBA could do the state tournament for the KHSAA with their top 24 referee's.:dancingpa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you totally! I have made several quotes on here about how the BBA could do the state tournament for the KHSAA with their top 24 referee's.:dancingpa

Sportsfan you are exactly right about the BBA. It would be fun to see them one year do the state tournament. I think the whole state would see how good they really are. Not saying there are good officials in the other regions too, they just go deeper.

It is a real shame they only get one or two in the state tourney.

Looking back through this thread, I also see you mention Chamberlain took the year off to watch his daughter play her senior year. I was a big fan of John's and always enjoyed watching him call in the central ky area. He always had alot of the high profile games and I'm sure he has been missed in the BBA. Hope to see him back on the hardwood.:clap:

There are strong officials all over the state.

The BBA is one of the stongest associations in the state.

They have the opportunity each year to send several different officials that are more than capable to handle the play in the state tournament.

The past few years they have sent John Chamberlain, Clayton Brooks, Mike Goins, and last year Terry Smith and Cary Lyle. All are deserving and I am sure we will see some of these guys there again.

Some of the others that we will see there in the next few years will be Bart Lenox, Don Werner, Bo Queen, Kirk Hudson, just to name a few that have had very successful years.

Lets hope that all the officials picked will go to Rupp from all regions and have a succesful tournament:cool:

They have the opportunity each year to send several different officials that are more than capable to handle the play in the state tournament.

The past few years they have sent John Chamberlain, Clayton Brooks, Mike Goins, and last year Terry Smith and Cary Lyle. All are deserving and I am sure we will see some of these guys there again.

Some of the others that we will see there in the next few years will be Bart Lenox, Don Werner, Bo Queen, Kirk Hudson, just to name a few that have had very successful years.

Lets hope that all the officials picked will go to Rupp from all regions and have a succesful tournament:cool:

bcd00------I agree with YOU! I would work with those guys at Rupp on Saturday:walk: night in March anytime.

I've seen a lot of games this year and I think Lyle and Chamberlain are the best 2 in the 10th. Chamberlain took the year off to watch his daughter play her Sr year at St Pat. I like Billman and Hall in the 16th. Neither region is blessed with good officials. Bo Queen is also a good official in the 10th.

I've seen a lot of games this year and I think Lyle and Chamberlain are the best 2 in the 10th. Chamberlain took the year off to watch his daughter play her Sr year at St Pat. I like Billman and Hall in the 16th. Neither region is blessed with good officials. Bo Queen is also a good official in the 10th.

I would like to add that Bo is a GREAT official, when he is on the floor you know that he is giving both teams 110%, doesn't care who wins and is fair to both teams:dancingpa

I did hear from the 14th that Melton(would be his first) or Richie(who went last year) for the girls, and Napier has been for three years in a row with 2 State Finals, so I think they have went with someone else this year from what I hear. Brian Cook or Steve Thomas was the names I have heard. Should be finding out soon.

Melton, Richie, Napier and Cook are definitely 4 of the top 6 best referees in the 14th. There are also another one with the name of "Roy" I believe I heard someone call him(not for sure so that may be wrong name but I believe its correct) These guys call about as consistent as possible.

I am also going to say that I have seen Napier be "to good". :lol::sssh:

Melton, Richie, Napier and Cook are definitely 4 of the top 6 best referees in the 14th. There are also another one with the name of "Roy" I believe I heard someone call him(not for sure so that may be wrong name but I believe its correct) These guys call about as consistent as possible.

Roy Spencer.

The guys you have listed are all good officials.

Another good one is Dexter Campbell. He has been officiating games in the 14th for close to 30 years, and has been rated #1 several times but chooses to not call in the state tournament. Why he doesn't want to call in the state tournament is unknown to me, but it's a personal choice of his. He is an excellent official, though, IMO.

What do you mean when you say Napier has "been too good?"

I saw Glenn Napier work the Ky Prep Classic at Montgomery Co.

He did a very good job as did Dexter Campbell. I am trying to figure out the comment as well as BEEN TOO GOOD.

Please elaberate.:eek:

I would like to add that Bo is a GREAT official, when he is on the floor you know that he is giving both teams 110%, doesn't care who wins and is fair to both teams:dancingpa

Saw him work the Franklin Co. Anderson Co Game Friday night.

Worked a solid game. Works very hard and like you said gives it his all.:ylsuper: