Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic vs Highlands

Featured Replies

Can Highlands beat NCC on their home court in the district finals???:idunno:

NCC is a tough place to play, they always seem to bring a big crowd. I think this will be a very physical game. Highlands should be working on their free throws after that Newport game. I like Highlands in this one.

Highlands by one.

Highlands will take the crown. As long as they keep Jake Geisler off the boards and dont get outhustled like they did in the December game they will win.

 

I look for Grote to have a better game also than he did vs. Newport.

IMO Highlands is a solid physical team. NewCath will have a hard time handling Highlands strong attack. NewCath can be physical too so I suspect this game will be well worth the price of admission to see. I'm hoping to catch this one myself.

I like Highlands by 10+ :thumb:

  • Author
IMO Highlands is a solid physical team. NewCath will have a hard time handling Highlands strong attack. NewCath can be physical too so I suspect this game will be well worth the price of admission to see. I'm hoping to catch this one myself.

 

I agree with Highlands being physical don't see NCC as a physical team. Will be a great game though!

I agree with Highlands being physical don't see NCC as a physical team. Will be a great game though!

 

 

The two times I watched NCC - SK they were the most physical team SK had played since the Lex. Cath. Tourney. More physical than the two HIGH - SK matchups. (IMO) Close game...HIGH by 3.

The key to this game is if Highlands is smart and starts out with someone bigger (ie Kowolonek) on Pangallo. He dominated with the smaller Lother on him earlier in the season when these two met. If you let GP get hot he is tough to slow down. They made the switch too late last time and Pangallo ended up with 17. I think Kowolonek is the key for the Bluebirds. He presents a mismatch with his athleticism and quickness.

I have to go with NCC. They have 4 Seniors that realiize this is the last time they step foot on their home floor. It should be a very good game. I look for Conner to shoot lights-out, and send the Birds to the region as runner-up.

Nobody will be able to guard Grote and Kowolonek tomorrow night. I see them both going off. NCC will only win this game if they win the battle on the boards and are hot from 3pt land (Meyer/Conner/Pangallo).

Was Grubbs in the rotation the first time these guys met? He and Jake Giesler should be quite a tussle down low. Kowolonek and Division II Player of the Year, Matt Giesler, is a wash. I look for Bennie Watson to be the "X-factor" for HHS. The Conner boy will be the "X-factor" for NCC....he needs to be on from deep.

Edited by DMZ76

I don't think Grubbs played much in the 1st go-round. He looked good against Newport. On the otherhand, NCC was also missing Jake Ollberding. I look for him to help down low. Should be a good game.

I look for Grote and Kowolonek to take over this game. Highlands by 5

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.