Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

powerfootball

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by powerfootball

  1. Rob Madon, Corbin. Just ask the South Laurel recievers.
  2. Uncle Vince will be there, not singing, only in attendance. The Redhounds will use the wet field to thier advantage tonight.
  3. Corbin really has not "given in" to the passing game. Clint Cashen is an effective weapon in our offense, and he gives us an extra threat that makes us a better and more balanced football team. Against Belfry, Coach Farris had no choice but call more pass, he called alot of running plays, but we were getting blown off the line of scrimmage. When something does not work, you must try something else. That is not what I'd call giving in to the pass. As the season progresses, people will see that Corbin is not the only team who can't run on the Belfry Pirates. In the games following Belfry, Corbin has been able to run the ball, and have used Fritz,Watkins,Campbell,Light and Sewell to run the ball with good success. As long as they are effective, we will see these kids get touches from the backfield.
  4. 1999. Neil Warren was a Sr. for South Laurel and won the game 35 to 20.
  5. I have a feeling this game will be closer than most are predicting.
  6. Hearsay, Bethlehem has a good looking tailback who broke a TD run on Corbin. He had some speed but I do not remember his number. They are a bit undersized but they make up for it by playing hard. Seemed to be well coached, for the most part they did not make mental errors. There were young so they have a good upside and they can take alot of positives away from this game. They played Corbin tough in the 1st quarter especially, only allowing 7 points. Corbin started to lean on them and got 10 more in the second Qtr. Even though the hounds started to pull away, it was not as easy as the score indicated. This game will help them prepare for thier game with rival Bardstown...
  7. What class does Newport play from? A, or AA or AAA?
  8. It is only my opinion, but it is based on this: Belfry 21 Corbin 0 and Corbin 21 PLD 18 And if that isn't good enough, after watching both Belfry and PLD play, I think the distance between them may be more than I first thought. :sssh: If there is a better team than Belfry in 3A, I would be very suprised.
  9. Way to step up Redhounds! Enjoy the moment!
  10. You are correct about our line play. It looked as if we were lost. Tonight is a chance to redeem ourselves, even though Dunbar (IMO) is not half as good as the Belfry Pirates.
  11. Belfry controled the LOS...that is why they won. Corbin is too soft right now. Belfry showed us that we are not state champion material at this time. We also looked very unorganized tonight as a team. Now that we've been shown what a football team looks like, I hope we take it as a lesson learned. Belfry has a good thing going on right now. Super stadium and an outpouring of fan support. Pretty good football team too.
  12. I think a key factor for this game will be Corbin's ability to make Belfry punt the ball. If Corbin's defense shuts down Belfry's run, I don't feel like Belfry can beat them passing the football. Oppositely, if Belfry wins the time of possession battle, I think the Redhounds are in trouble. Corbin is going to score points, IMO. I think it depends on how well Belfry can play keep away, and Corbin's ability to stop Belfry's power ground game. I'll predict later when I know the injury situation.
  13. Coach Jewell needs to look into this. It seems his teams always get banged up more than others. I know you have to prepare your kids, but he may be going overboard with it. Hopefully the hounds are healed before Belfry.
  14. Its a fact that both coaches encourage a kid to play any sport they wish. No reason Corbin can't be a great football and basketball school.
  15. They get the calls when Corbin climbs the mountain...or at least this homer thinks so!! :lol: I'm proud of the atmosphere created at Campbell Field when the lights are on.
  16. Bell and Rock will serve well as playoff prep games, as they have the talent and numbers comparable to a good number of playoff bound 5A teams, and could beat alot of the playoff contending 5A's. Plus, they are not on the other side of the state, which makes it nice. Middlesboro is always competitive but usually have a fair amount of 2 way football players, which is something you won't see in most playoff bound 5A's. But still, they are very atheltic and closer to home. Although competitive in thier class, Newport and Lynn Camp offer no benefit to the Colonels as they are significantly undermatched in the personel department. Therefore, these games will not even imitate the looks, level of competiton, or style of play of a 5A program. I'm not sure but I could see Jim Black upgrading these games if he can turn the corner down there. I would think that most of the 5A schools who establish themselves as powerhouses will for the most part platoon players, (play them only on 1 side of the football) and have extra good special teams play. To be competitive, Whitley must not only try in years to come to develop enough players to do this, but also they should spend thier friday nights playing teams who at least play the game like a good 5A school.
  17. I think with the O having alot of experience, you'll see them come out firing this year, unlike last when it took us a few game to mature. I look for us to have a more reliable ground game this year.
  18. How is the new lineman working out for the Hounds?
  19. Looks like the Nasty Boys are back!!!! Nothing wrong with getting a lil excited in a competitive matchup.
  20. Oh, cry me a river. WC can only blame themselves for losing players. Nobody forced those kids to leave, they were obviously were in an unhappy enviornment. Besides, you aren't the only one to lose some good players to other schools...just the only one to whine about it. No sympathy here. :devil:
  21. LMB, Better watch yourself. A few of these Hound fans black-balled me months ago for calling out Jewell on dumping Bell County. You are on target, he is the reason the game isn't being played, and I stick by my statements when I say he is being selfish. Nonetheless, Corbin has a good team and should contend for a spot in the Pizza Box.
  22. As far as passing ability, in nearly four decades of of watching the Redhounds, I believe Cashen to be the best pure passer we have had. He did not stay, but Floyd Whitaker could toss the pigskin very well also.
  23. They should be very, very good.
  24. Agreed. In the past we have lost kids similar to Campbell that would have helped in key situations. I.E. Senior yr of Aaron Cima and another big kid whose name I can't remember, #36. Those two could have been enough to get past Larue Co. that evening. We cannot cry for spilled milk, but we will always wonder.
  25. Having Campbell back will certainly help. I too would like to read an explanation of Coach Greer's actions?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.