Corbin 21 Dunbar 18

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting a sweet spot by the 2 big trees next to the main road across from a pond...great place for tailgating without a pass...alot of good that does cant thinkof the street name lol GO cats! wrong forum haha

HAHA...

It sounds as if Corbin got the offensive balance going and Cashen made some huge plays.

Great game tonight. Corbin's depth almost caught up to them but before they got winded, Cashen was able to pick apart the Bulldog defense through the air and Fritts was pretty much unstoppable on the ground. The line opened some great holes for Ryan and really got a good push against the PLD defensive front. Greatly called game mixing it up tonight by Coach Farris. Corbin got into the red zone twice in the second half but failed to score or it may have been a little more lopsided. Props to Dunbar though. When it looked like they were on the ropes, they didn't back down and came back swinging. Man alive they are fast as greased lightning. That #51 playing linebacker is a specimen too.

I was very impressed by the kicker for Dunbar. Every kickoff went out of the end zone and his 46 yard field goal went about 15 yards past the goal post. It would have been money from 60-65 yards. Rich Brooks better be on him and not let him get out of Lexington.

Let me also say that Dunbar was a very classy team and showed good sportsmanship. Numerous times they were helping up Corbin players and patting them on the back after a good run. It's hard to do that in an intense game like football. That is a reflection of good rasin' and good coaching. Best of luck to Coach Hensley and the Bulldogs this year. It's always good to see a good ol mountain boy succeed on the sidelines. I'll be pulling for yall.

Corbin played a heck of a game and were fortunate to come away with the win because the Dunbar quarterback was putting his passes right on the money but several were dropped by his receivers. Corbin deserved the win, they played a great game. Great job hounds!

Way to go Hounds! Now that's the team we have all been talking about. How did we ever contain that speed? Awsome job coaches! Fullback and o-line stuck it to them!!! Great job, you should be proud! I think every player on this team stepped up and played to their potential. Enjoy this weekend and reload Monday. Wow 6A:flame:

Again, I forgot to mention something. Where has the Redhound faithful been for so long? It's about time that our fans came back out and supported the Hounds. It was a playoff atmosphere tonight. Raucous crowd at Campbell Field. I hope that continues throughout the season and in the future. It's time to forget the past two seasons starting 0-10 and Belfry. Support these boys every Friday home and away and show the state that Redhound Football is not gone, it was just taking a nap.

I said it before and will say it again..Corbin is much better than what many people took them for following Belfry. The Redhounds played a very good football team after making a long trip, battling the heat, having a very late start, and on a very emotional night over here in Pirate Country. Corbin is a very dangerous team in 2A.