Corbin 21 Dunbar 18

Corbin played a fantastic game tonight! Everyone stepped up. Sophomores had a particularly good night. This should give us some much needed confidence going into the game for next week. Congratulations!!!

I saw just how strong Cashen was tonight, more than once he got rid of the ball while in the grasp of Dunbar players.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw just how strong Cashen was tonight, more than once he got rid of the ball while in the grasp of Dunbar players.

I agree! He may not be the tallest or quickest quarterback but I'd be a dollar to dime that a person couldn't find more than a handful of high school quarterbacks with better awareness and vision than Clint anywhere. That's definitely always been one of his strong points.

The thing is and its something I though but wasnt for sure on but tonight proved it. What beat Corbin against Belfry was getting out muscled, but this team is fast, and they will be hard to beat with speed. You want to beat thest guys you better have good speed yourself and be able to line up and hit them hard.

I think alot of people had there doubts after last weeks loss to Belfry, but, let's face it, the Pirates are most likely, 1 of the top 2-3 3a programs in the state this year..I think its a sign of good coaching to correct the prior weeks deficiencies and have the kids playing with confidence, even against a big, strong and deep team, like Dunbar..I have to admit, I didn't see this one coming, but, now I can see what all the RedHound faithful have been talking about.. Corbin will be hard to deal with for anyone in 2a this year...

Corbin got strong play from both the defensive and offensive lines and did all the dirty work that allowed the Hounds to pull out the win. Josh Sanders continued his stellar play at the LB spot and stood out again on the defensive side along with Rob Maiden.

Corbin appeared to tire some the 2nd half and they still seem to have a couple of areas defensively that need some improving, but a really good effort all around for Corbin in this game.