OSU Football Recruiting 2021

John Anthony

Not much going on right now, decided to update OSU's board. It's always interwoven with UK and UC's board.

Offense

Kyle McCord - St. Joseph's (Philly, PA) 5 star QB - #3 QB overall.

Evan Pryor - William Amos Hough (Cornelius, NC) 4 star RB - #6 RB overall.

Donovan Jackson - Episcopal (Bellaire, TX) 4 star OG - #1 OG overall.

Ben Christman - Revere (Richfield, OH) 4 star OT - #15 OT overall.

Marvin Harrison Jr. - St. Joseph's (Philly, PA) 4 star WR - #8 WR overall.

Jayden Ballard - Massillon (OH) 4 star WR - #12 overall.

Sam Hart - Cherokee Trail (Aurora, CO) 3 star TE - #16 TE overall.

Defense

Jack Sawyer - Pickerington North (OH) 5 star DE - #2 DE overall.

Reid Carrico - Ironton (OH) 4 star LB - #2 LB overall.

Mike Hall - Streetsboro (Streetsboro, OH) 4 star DT - #8 DT overall.

Jakailin Johnson - DeSmet (Saint Louis, MO) 4 star CB - #4 CB overall.

Andre Turrentine - Ensworth (Nashville, TN) 4 star CB - #6 CB overall.

Devonta Smith - Lasalle (Cincy, OH) 3 star CB - #33 CB overall.

Jaylen Johnson - Lasalle (Cincy, OH) 3 star safety - #18 S overall.

TreVeyon Henderson - Hopewell (Hopewell, VA) 5 star RB - #1 RB overall is a Buckeye!

That gives OSU the #1 and #6 RB nationally.

Are you surprised at all that they took commitments from both Johnson and Smith of LaSalle so early? Not much traction with those positions nationally? Or is this going to be a big class? I figured Johnson would likely end up there but thought Smith could end up at UC with Jarmon.

2021 is absolutely a loaded class in Ohio.

Are you surprised at all that they took commitments from both Johnson and Smith of LaSalle so early? Not much traction with those positions nationally? Or is this going to be a big class? I figured Johnson would likely end up there but thought Smith could end up at UC with Jarmon.

2021 is absolutely a loaded class in Ohio.

Coombs wanted both. A couple things going on LaSalle is the “show” in Cincy now and OSU is starting to take over the city, at least in the last couple of classes.

I also think it’s apart of a bigger plan. Getting multiple 5 stars, a lot of 4’s and some 3’s who they believe they can develop. Day said from Day 1 he would recapture Ohio, something Meyer virtually ignored.

I saw a video somewhere over the last view days of tirelessly surfing the web, where a couple of guys said that this is the best class in OSU history. How do you feel about that statement by them @John Anthony?

Long way to go but it could be the best class in 247 (top recruiting site) history, if it all comes together.

If they get Emeka Ebbuka the 5 star #1 WR and JT Tuimoloau the 5 star #1 DT nationally, it would be ridiculous. I’d settle for even one of them to go with what we already have.

Long way to go but it could be the best class in 247 (top recruiting site) history, if it all comes together.

If they get Emeka Ebbuka the 5 star #1 WR and JT Tuimoloau the 5 star #1 DT nationally, it would be ridiculous. I’d settle for even one of them to go with what we already have.

JT is also a really good basketball player out in Washington. A lot of comparisons to a "smaller" Julius Peppers. Freak athlete.

I assume the Gee Scott/East side Catholic connection helps OSU with JT?

Coombs wanted both. A couple things going on LaSalle is the “show” in Cincy now and OSU is starting to take over the city, at least in the last couple of classes.

I also think it’s apart of a bigger plan. Getting multiple 5 stars, a lot of 4’s and some 3’s who they believe they can develop. Day said from Day 1 he would recapture Ohio, something Meyer virtually ignored.

I get trying to "recapture Ohio" but still weird seeing them take guys like Jakob James and Miyan Williams in the past class.

Seems like Day's focus has been elite guys at the skill positions with the development focus coming on the lines?

I get trying to "recapture Ohio" but still weird seeing them take guys like Jakob James and Miyan Williams in the past class.

Seems like Day's focus has been elite guys at the skill positions with the development focus coming on the lines?

He didn’t have fame/stage presence of Meyer being a relatively new guy. He knew he had to build from the inside out, until he becomes the rockstar he hopes to become.

• 3 weeks later...
Adeleye now gives the Buckeyes 11 players ranked inside of the nation’s top-100 prospects.

By comparison Penn State, Michigan and Wisconsin have a combined total of 3.

Just looked up the team rankings... Clemson "only" has 6 top 100 commits and Bama has 1 commit total.

With the quarantine and everything else going on, I expect a lot more high level kids to commit earlier than normal since it's hard telling when they will actually be able to visit some of their options.

Just looked up the team rankings... Clemson "only" has 6 top 100 commits and Bama has 1 commit total.

With the quarantine and everything else going on, I expect a lot more high level kids to commit earlier than normal since it's hard telling when they will actually be able to visit some of their options.

Agreed, it’s speeding up timelines for kids. OSU success is all about Day’s personality. Most of us, myself included wondered if he could recruit to a level of Meyer. Cross that off Buckeye fans list of worries.