Ryle 59 Letcher County Central 36 (Sweet 16® Rd. 1)

Watched this game on-line yesterday. Most people probably missed it but in the last minute Letcher county put in a Senior player who it appeared must have been sidelined with an injury. She was able to get off a three point shot and missed. then a Ryle player got the rebound and threw it directly back to her. I was only half watching and thought it was just a mistake until it happened a second time. It ended up that the girl received the ball again and put in a lay up.

I was incredibly impressed by the Ryle player(s) who were aware enough to see this and give this young woman a chance to be in the records books. These type actions should be celebrated and broadcast. It is what high school athletics should be. I congratulate the Ryle players. I tried to ask some people I know and they assured me it was not set up, those young women from Ryle did that on their own. I thought for sure someone would point this out but I have not seen anything so I thought I would post it here. This type positive character should get as much press as the negative. Congrats to all involved. I would like to know more about the young woman who made the shot if someone from Letcher County would be willing share some insight.

Watched this game on-line yesterday. Most people probably missed it but in the last minute Letcher county put in a Senior player who it appeared must have been sidelined with an injury. She was able to get off a three point shot and missed. then a Ryle player got the rebound and threw it directly back to her. I was only half watching and thought it was just a mistake until it happened a second time. It ended up that the girl received the ball again and put in a lay up.

I was incredibly impressed by the Ryle player(s) who were aware enough to see this and give this young woman a chance to be in the records books. These type actions should be celebrated and broadcast. It is what high school athletics should be. I congratulate the Ryle players. I tried to ask some people I know and they assured me it was not set up, those young women from Ryle did that on their own. I thought for sure someone would point this out but I have not seen anything so I thought I would post it here. This type positive character should get as much press as the negative. Congrats to all involved. I would like to know more about the young woman who made the shot if someone from Letcher County would be willing share some insight.

Per WYMT Twitter, the young lady is Mackenzie Craft, a Letcher Central senior who tore her ACL earlier in the season.

I too would like to hear more about this story. Kudos to all who made this happen. Thanks for posting this Fan1234.

Edited by Runcible Owl