43 year streak stays alive

It's been 43 years since a small school won the boys' state soccer title (KCD in 1975).

It's been 20 years since a small school played in the championship.

It's time to classify soccer folks.

Seems the All A Tourney helps to address the concern. But a two or three class system might be interesting to debate. Even more interesting if the classes aren’t just based on the size of the school! Systems that consider the competitiveness of the program provide the best sporting experience. I wouldn’t want to adopt the football class structure. Too watered down. Especially after some of the smaller schools dropped football ... five or six first round byes.

Stepping onto Soap Box.

It's time to have a frank examination of the role that the KHSAA plays in Kentucky interscholastic sports. ALL sports. Sitting back and allowing the status quo to continue to exist simply because "that's how it's always been" or the even more lame excuse of "one true state champion" is beyond indefensible. The KHSAA needs to examine not only it's operation of state-wide competition, but also its policies toward membership, student-athlete regulation and general operations. We have allowed non-transparency and hidden agendas to exist far too long. It will take a few Superintendents with some kahones to make this happen however. And NO, I'm not going the route of public vs. private because I have NO ISSUE there.

Exit Soap Box.