Owen County 38 Simon Kenton 36

SK led entire game until about 3 minutes left in the game. Score was 15-14 SK at half. Pioneers went up by 7 in the second half but couldn't hold the lead. Two words sum up SK game: dismal shooting. SK outrebounded Owen and forced more turnovers but simply could not score. Wainscott kept driving the ball but would be swarmed and either didn't get off a good shot, got blocked. SK kept Gayheart in check; she made maybe one or two field goals? Waldrop sp? was player of the game in my book for her shot altering. One of those games you just call ugly. Congrats to SK's Wainscott and Blevins on great careers.

Congrats to Coach Osborne and the Lady Rebels. Alot of good players in this tournament. Was impressed with many girls but especially Gayheart. She can dominate a game by not scoring a point. What I have seen throughout the year she can not only take over a game but consistently makes her teammates better. Very deserving of player of the year award.

Congrats to Coach Osborne and the Lady Rebels. Alot of good players in this tournament. Was impressed with many girls but especially Gayheart. She can dominate a game by not scoring a point. What I have seen throughout the year she can not only take over a game but consistently makes her teammates better. Very deserving of player of the year award.
I agree the 8th has some really good talent this year, but from what I've seen I'm not sure any player is more valuable to her team than Gayheart. Your right she can dictate the game without scoring by her defense and her ability to create for her teamates. Very unselfish player to much so at times IMO. Owen has had a great year.

Where is the next level for her?

Is Gayheart playing college ball?

I don't know where the next level for Syd will be but I'm sure she will be somewhere. Gayheart is only a Jr. so she will be back next year. Her future looks very bright also.

Everyone thinks Syd is great. She's not fast, ok to defend, but under pressure she breaks. I seen it last year at districts, this year at districts, and at regionals. Stowers needs to learn that in years past he had good guard play, this year not so great. Syd is ok, but if SK planned on getting anywhere during this season they needed to attempt to use their inside game, which did not happen. Anyone could defend SK, all they had to do was guard the perimeter. It was no secret. Good luck Wainscott and Blevins in all that you do.

Everyone thinks Syd is great. She's not fast, ok to defend, but under pressure she breaks. I seen it last year at districts, this year at districts, and at regionals. Stowers needs to learn that in years past he had good guard play, this year not so great. Syd is ok, but if SK planned on getting anywhere during this season they needed to attempt to use their inside game, which did not happen. Anyone could defend SK, all they had to do was guard the perimeter. It was no secret. Good luck Wainscott and Blevins in all that you do.

Wow! Welcome to BGP. I wonder how they will do next season without Syd.

What inside game? They had no size other than Blevins and she wasn't that big or a force. They were a perimeter oriented team because they had no other choice. If they had the bigs, why did Sydney lead the team with 10 rebounds last night? She was probably their leading rebounder for the year. Sydney is one of the best guards to come through SK and was the complete floor general. Also, she was the 8th Region Player of the Year last year so she can't be to bad! Congrats on a great career at SK.

go to the stats if you shot 30 times agame you will get your 15-20 points a game !! go in side out you get more ! get ur shooting % per game since Willimson town game she shot not 4 sure like 25 tmes made 1 three pointer and 2 two pointers since then her shooting % is done to 20% inside out is all im sayin. give the ball to blevins she can shoot just as good inside and out ive seen it in practice just wasnt aloud to shoot!!!!!!!!!!!! you cant drive to the basket and get triple teamed and not give it up!! seen it all year!!8TH region player of the year or not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!