7 TH Region Boys Basketball 2010-2011- Who's on Top?

Haven't seen any play in the summer or, with the exception of State Tourney representative Ballard, know a great deal about what they had last year/will be there this year (comparatively speaking), but would imagine that the top five to six teams would include: Ballard, Eastern, Jeffersontown, and Trinity.

Haven't seen any play in the summer or, with the exception of State Tourney representative Ballard, know a great deal about what they had last year/will be there this year (comparatively speaking), but would imagine that the top five to six teams would include: Ballard, Eastern, Jeffersontown, and Trinity.

With those teams you mentioned and Seneca that is probably 5 of the top 15 teams in the state IMO.

I agree with the above statements but I would point out that there are questions about all of these teams that will only be answered once the season starts

Jtown- Will Kimbro be eligible and who will replaces the leadership and playmaking of Thomas Jackson at the point? With Dorsey, Kimbro, and the UL recruit they could be tough to beat

Eastern- Were the best on paper last year(preseason favorite in about every 7th region poll) but no one stepped up to lead the team and they never seemed to gell. Who will be the leader of this group in 10-11?

Ballard- Have Parker and Koolaid back but the rest of the players will be young, although talented. I think they lost too much to win in this year.

Trinity- Also lost a TON with Sewell, Epley and Corbett gone but return a very talented group- With Hicks eligible they will be the favorite in 2012 and I would expect that they could upset the big 2 on any given night.

Seneca- Have been discussed as a contender for the past two years but never reached their potential. Possibly, the coaching change may be a good thing as they also have some exceptional talent on the roster and I would not be shocked if they are there at the end.

Male- never count out Crews as he proved last year when they almost won the regional final against Ballard!

Moore- Once again I think Moore could be a sleeper

I think Manual, CAL, Fern Creek, and StX are not near the level of the above teams, but they could surprise?

I agree with the above statements but I would point out that there are questions about all of these teams that will only be answered once the season starts

Jtown- Will Kimbro be eligible and who will replaces the leadership and playmaking of Thomas Jackson at the point? With Dorsey, Kimbro, and the UL recruit they could be tough to beat

Eastern- Were the best on paper last year(preseason favorite in about every 7th region poll) but no one stepped up to lead the team and they never seemed to gell. Who will be the leader of this group in 10-11?

Ballard- Have Parker and Koolaid back but the rest of the players will be young, although talented. I think they lost too much to win in this year.

Trinity- Also lost a TON with Sewell, Epley and Corbett gone but return a very talented group- With Hicks eligible they will be the favorite in 2012 and I would expect that they could upset the big 2 on any given night.

Seneca- Have been discussed as a contender for the past two years but never reached their potential. Possibly, the coaching change may be a good thing as they also have some exceptional talent on the roster and I would not be shocked if they are there at the end.

Male- never count out Crews as he proved last year when they almost won the regional final against Ballard!

Moore- Once again I think Moore could be a sleeper

I think Manual, CAL, Fern Creek, and StX are not near the level of the above teams, but they could surprise?

Thanks for your input, always glad to get info from you on the 7th region.

Keep us updated this year.:thumb: