N.E.K.C standings & results for wk 2 (post comments)

Here are the N.E.K.C. (NorthEastern Kentucky Conference) game results from week 2 of the High School Football Season.

Russell vs Boyd County Game Article:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_244011431.html

Greenup Co vs. Letcher Game Article:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_244011654.html

Ashland vs Pikeville Game Article:

see other links on BGP

Belfry vs Lawrence County Game Article:

see other links on BGP

Raceland was off

Player of the week:

Tyler Jones of Russell, 121 yards rushing.

Honorable mention:

Zac Wilson of Boyd County, 67 yard interception touchdown.

Eric Craft of Greenup County, 213 yards passing.

Team………………………Conference (W-L)…Overall (W-L)……..PF………… PA

Russell Red Devils……………….2-0……………..2-0……………..74………….38

Raceland Rams………………….1-0………………1-0…………….23………….20

Lawrence County Bulldogs……..0-0………………0-2…………….40………….79

Ashland Tomcats………………...0-1………………0-2…………….41…………57

Boyd County Lions……………...0-1………………0-2……………..20………….36

Greenup County Musketeers……0-2………………0-2…………….38…………72

It seems to be a slow week for the conference teams with no conference games scheduled, but there will be a major match up with perennial powerhouse Ironton visiting Ashland. The Tomcats are trying to avoid a 0-3 start.

Next week (3) matchups:

Ironton (0-2) @ Ashland (0-2)

Breathitt County (2-0) @ Boyd Co (0-2)

East Carter (1-1) @ Raceland (1-0)

Sheldon Clark (2-0) @ Lawrence County (0-2)

West Carter (0-2) @ Russell (2-0)

Greenup County (OPEN)

Sorry EC, your eagles are doing a fine job but they would not schedule Boyd, Greenup, Ashland, Lawrence and Russell on a yearly basis. So, I don't consider them 1 of the 6 teams in the N.E.K.C. Raceland is the only school outside of these 5 with the audacity to take on the "big boys" year end and year out.

Fairview is a football program just like the rest of the schools, what in the world have the big boys done besides russell?? You are right about the scheduling part of it, raceland won't always have the players they have now, and they will wish they didn't schedule who they have scheduled. I disagree with you totally about the big boys statement. Fairview could easily compete with the district of Lawrence, Boyd,Greenup, and Rowan Co. Maybe not every single year but they could compete, last time I checked none of those teams are great nor good.

yahoo83, I meant "big boys" by enrollment and classification only!!! Fairview is a Quality team this season and many before that, but you nailed it on the head yourself, when you said, "You are right about the scheduling part of it,..."

That is the only reason why Fairview would not be a good fit is because they can't or would not (who knows the reason why) schedule the 5 other schools outside of their district requirements.

My only argument is, "I have not heard Raceland faithful complain about who they schedule." It is to my understanding that they appreciate & schedule it that way ,weekly competition, to prepare for their "true" season in the playoffs.

Sorry EC, your eagles are doing a fine job but they would not schedule Boyd, Greenup, Ashland, Lawrence and Russell on a yearly basis. So, I don't consider them 1 of the 6 teams in the N.E.K.C. Raceland is the only school outside of these 5 with the audacity to take on the "big boys" year end and year out.

:thumb: :thumb: Another good point Dawgdays - Raceland schedules all of those type games that they can EVERY year and not just on years when they think that they have something.

Bottom line is that his thread/idea I believe came about as one of those "what if" scenerio's - it is not a real conference and is fun to talk about..........that is it, no blasting anyone - just fun discussion ;) .

Imo all of the kids on all of these teams (including the Fairview kids) deserve respect, all kids/players on all teams work their butts of. Again, imo this is a what if ? conference and thread, nothing more - nothing less. :thumb: