Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Four classes could return.

Featured Replies

Was told by an athletic director from NKY that a survey was sent to all ADs asking how they would vote for a return to four classes.

 

Anyone else have any news or insight on this?

  • Replies 120
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to think at this point. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I think 5 would be the best number. None are perfect.

5 would be best. Class 3A would be sick though if they returned to four classes. 1A would be really good too.

5 is too many also. 6 is way too many. 4 is perfect for Kentucky. Maybe 4+ a "super class" ( the 16 biggest schools in KY.).

Was told by an athletic director from NKY that a survey was sent to all ADs asking how they would vote for a return to four classes.

 

Anyone else have any news or insight on this?[/QUOTe]

 

Maybe 4, with a 5th for Trinity and St. X? (:

Edited by Birdsfan

I would say 4 is the best, if not 3. 6 ensures many undeserving champions, 5 still has a few. 4 would eliminate (for the most part) undeserving champions. 3 would ensure that every champion is deserving, but I extremely doubt we will ever see 3 classes.

Who would have to approve such a change? I would have to think most schools/football programs would not support a class contraction.

I don't think it will change with the classes at all just my opinion maybe with the playoff system but not the classes.

KHSAA gets ticket revenue from 6 title games versus only 4 or 5 games if reconfigured....no way they are giving up money. More classes mean more playoff games which means more money, classes aren't contracting.

I'm a fan of the way it is now for the kids.

Six classes is great, just adjust a few teams around to make it more competitive.

4 classes is the best possible system. Just enough variation to keep it all competitive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.