Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your First Super Bowl

Featured Replies

The first one I have vivid memories of was between the Bengals-49ers.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XXX. Cowboys and Steelers. I was for the Boys, I was a huge Playmaker fan.

Cowboys/Bills I

 

I was five years old, been a Dallas Cowboys fan ever since.

Some of you cats are a lot younger than I thought.

 

Who are you referring to?

I don't remember the first one I watched but I certainly remember Giants-Ravens being the first one that I was so bored I actually stopped watching.

Philly against the Raider.

First one I watched was when the Jets upset the Colts, 1969 I think. Joe Namath had guaranteed a victory.

I went to a neighbor's house to watch it in color. I had never watched anything on color TV before that Super Bowl game.

Super Bowl X the Swan MVP Game Steelers Cowboys first SB I remember watching.

 

But, SB XIV Rams Steelers, was the first one in which I really cared who won. I was a Rams fan, due to the fact that a few years earlier as a 5th grade patrol boy (school crossing guard) I received a Rams poncho from the PTA to wear on patrol when it rained. Been a Rams fan ever since.

Super Bowl XIV Steelers/Rams. Then later on that year I got the vibrating football game that was Steelers vs Rams.

XXII. Doug Williams looked like he broke his leg, came back in and hit Gary Clark to open the flood gates

1980 Super Bowl following the '79 season. Steelers beat the Rams. I remember the Mean Joe Greene Coke commercial. Rams were a hot item in So.Cal. that year and Pat Haden had come to visit our school during the season. I was of course a Chargers fan and that was the year Air Coryell really lifted off, because they had drafted Kellen Winslow. They went 12-4 but lost to Earl Campbell and the Oilers in the playoffs. I guess some things never change.

1972 for me. Dolphins Cowboys.

 

That is mine as well.

First I remember was Jan. 14th. 1973, Superbowl VII Miami over Washington.

 

My Favorite was Jan. 26th. 2003, Superbowl XXXVII Tampa Bay over Oakland.

Least Favorite was Jan. 22nd. 1989, Superbowl XXIII San Fran. over Cincinnatti

III

 

Dad cared about football back then. He loved the clean cut Unitas and hated the long haired, dirty, Namath. He still dislikes anything having to do with New York. I, naturally, was pulling for the Jets.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.