Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your First Super Bowl

Featured Replies

Steelers vs Vikings (1975).....Bradshaw vs Tarkenton

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of you cats are a lot younger than I thought.

 

Thanks! I'm assuming that compliment was aimed toward me ... :D

You never watched the Packers beat the Browns in a Super Bowl.
Yep, I meant before the first Super Bowl Green Bay had beat the Browns for the NFL Championship. I remember that one. It was a cold muddy field and Jim Brown was shut down.

Hate to admit it, but the first one I remember is Super Bowl III with Joe Willie and the Guarantee. Got to go to XI (Raiders over Vikings at the Rose Bowl) and XIII (Steelers over Cowboys in the Orange Bowl). For anyone who's not been to one, the are an amazing EVENT!!

1971 UC grad Jim O'Brien kicked the winning field goal with just a few seconds left. Baltimore was not kind to Cincinnati that year, their teams knocking out both the Bengals and the Reds in the playoffs/world series.

  • Author
1971 UC grad Jim O'Brien kicked the winning field goal with just a few seconds left. Baltimore was not kind to Cincinnati that year, their teams knocking out both the Bengals and the Reds in the playoffs/world series.

 

One of the weird memories I have as a youngster is being at my great grandmother's house (she owned a funeral home in Covington) and seeing bits of the Bengals/Colts playoff game. Without looking it up I have it my head the final was 17-0. Weird that I remember that game.

One of the weird memories I have as a youngster is being at my great grandmother's house (she owned a funeral home in Covington) and seeing bits of the Bengals/Colts playoff game. Without looking it up I have it my head the final was 17-0. Weird that I remember that game.

 

Probably remember it because that was their first time in the playoffs in only their 3rd or 4th year. I know I had not really followed pro football before that, which is probably why I remember the Super Bowl from that year.

My family did not care about football at all, so I definitely didn't grow up with it.

 

The first Super Bowl I remember watching was XXX.. Cowboys/Steelers. Dad told me I was cheering for the Steelers, so I cheered for the Steelers. :lol:

 

The first Super Bowl I watched and actually cared about as a football fan was XXXIV (Rams/Titans).

Super Bowl XXX Dallas v. Pittsburgh. I remember only because I thought that Neil O'Donnell looked really weird throwing the ball. :lol:

First one I remember watching was XXXII between the Broncos and Packers. First one I really REMEMBER was Rams and Titans.

 

Pretty much the same for me.

Super Bowl III... bet a quarter with my dad. :D Doubled my allowance with that one. Broadway Joe was the man !

I vaguely remember the Cowboys in 1995. I would say the first I really remember is the Broncos beating the Packers.

 

Yea I vaguely remember some of those from a few years prior but only because other people were watching. I didn't start playing football until high school and up until then just really didn't care that much about the Super Bowl.

My family did not care about football at all, so I definitely didn't grow up with it.

 

The first Super Bowl I remember watching was XXX.. Cowboys/Steelers. Dad told me I was cheering for the Steelers, so I cheered for the Steelers. :lol:

 

The first Super Bowl I watched and actually cared about as a football fan was XXXIV (Rams/Titans).

 

Same as me with the Steelers and Cowboys. I remember running around in my Smith jersey yelling go Cowboys. Now, my two least favorite teams are the Steelers and Cowboys.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.