Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central 78 Trinity 77

Featured Replies

A foul is a foul...no matter how much time is on the clock. I wasn't there nor have I watched any video of the play, so I have no clue if he actually pushed off or not.

  • Replies 164
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in from this game. It was wild. Believe the refs were not going to let this go into OT...IMO. I was right under the basket and didn't see the foul, and I really didn't care who won. Just wanted to see some good b-ball....which I did. Hawkins was awsome. There was .1 of a second when the ball was put back into play. Never seen these refs today, don't know what region they were from.

 

Congrats to MC on the win, both teams played hard.

I just got in from this game. It was wild. Believe the refs were not going to let this go into OT...IMO. I was right under the basket and didn't see the foul, and I really didn't care who won. Just wanted to see some good b-ball....which I did. Hawkins was awsome. There was .1 of a second when the ball was put back into play. Never seen these refs today, don't know what region they were from.Congrats to MC on the win, both teams played hard.
Heard whatever region PCC and LCC are in, agreee this game wasn't going into OT, not with a 9:15 start for the next game, it still wouldn't be over.

Congrats to MC on the win, really didn't think they could win this one.

I didnt see the game but sounds like some controversy, I have said it before, put these games on youtube or the school site or something, just think its a great idea.

I'm really surprised this game wasn't broadcast on the internet. Lots of good basketball played in Montgomery County today.

lincoln played central really well and it shows they can play with anyone

lincoln played central really well and it shows they can play with anyone

 

These are your words when someone suggested Madison Central is looking ahead to the Trinity game.

 

You are right...one of their starters, who will remain unnamed, told my son that they weren't worried about this game and that the coach was gonna sit the starters after halftime and just play the bench! :idunno:

 

 

Lincoln is playing great ball right now but they have yet to prove they can beat any of the top 3-4 teams in the 12th region. Good luck the rest of the year.

By Nathan Hutchinson

Register Sports Editor

The Richmond Register

 

Sun Jan 22, 2012, 01:17 AM ESTMT. STERLING — Quan Taylor didn’t get rattled.

 

After missing a would-be game-winning free throw, the junior forward stepped right back to the line and delivered one of the biggest shots in school history.

 

“I just took my time, shot it and it went in,” Taylor said.

 

Simple enough.

 

Read More

Lincoln is playing great ball right now but they have yet to prove they can beat any of the top 3-4 teams in the 12th region. Good luck the rest of the year.

 

And yes, Pulaski killed us and we lost to East Jess by 3, but we have yet to play Southwestern, and I would consider Lincoln to be one of the top 4 teams in the region at this point in the season. :D

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #11

Congrats to Quan and the rest of the Madison Central team! What a great win!

[h=2]Madison Central stuns No. 1 Trinity 78-77[/h]http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/

 

Posted by Mike Fields on January 21, 2012

Madison Central stayed unbeaten, running its record to 20-0, with a stunning 78-77 upset of No. 1 Trinity in the Joe B. Hall Prep Classic Saturday night in front of 3,600 fans at Montgomery County.

Quan Taylor provided the winning point, sinking a free throw with one-tenth of a second left.

The finish wasn’t without controversy.

With one-tenth of a second on the clock and the score tied at 77-77, Madison Central’s Dominique Hawkins in-bounded the ball on the sideline at the end of his own bench. Hawkins lofted the ball toward the rip, hoping teammate Quan Taylor could tip it. But as the ball came down, the referee’s whistle sounded, and Trinity’s Nathan Dieudonne was called for holding Taylor.

Taylor went to the line for the double-bonus. He missed the first, but hit the second to give the Indians the victory.

Madison Central was led by guards Dominique Hawkins (33 points, 5 rebounds) and Kenjah Bosley (28 points, 4 rebounds).

Trinity, which had a 12-game win streak snapped and lost to a Kentucky opponent for the first time this season, was led by Dieudonne’s 21 points. Charles Foster had 14.

So we've got a lob to the rim since by rule it has to be a tip and the official calls a foul for a grab on the guy the ball was lobbed to. It's not like it was called on a guy in the backcourt. Until we see video we can't argue the call.

So we've got a lob to the rim since by rule it has to be a tip and the official calls a foul for a grab on the guy the ball was lobbed to. It's not like it was called on a guy in the backcourt. Until we see video we can't argue the call.

 

This is what the coaches had to say:

 

As for the last whistle that put Taylor on the line, Feldhaus said, "I won't say a word. Believe me, I've had those go against me, so we deserve to get one once in a while."

 

Trinity Coach Mike Szabo said his team made "some poor decisions offensively and defensively at the end to put ourselves in a situation for the referees to take it from us, so that's our fault.

 

"But I don't know what those (referees) were thinking. That's on them. That's just nuts to do that to kids who are trying so hard.

 

"That's just unfair."

 

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/22/2038199/madison-central-boys-upset-trinity.html#storylink=cpy

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.