Everything posted by hoopsfan2
-
Wayne County/Lincoln County Predictions 12/4
I have not seen either play this year but if Lincoln can play at Russell Co to overtime, i would have to agree and go with Lincoln at home.
-
Southwestern 61 Dunbar 59
Final
-
Russell County 72 Lincoln County 65
Was it at Russell Co? I am guessing yes. Pulaski Co and Southwestern went there last year, look up the stats of those games.
-
Dunbar/Southwestern Predictions
Southwestern scrimaged montgomery co early in the year, without kapinga. Southwestern won the first half by about 21 i think. Second half montgomery won by 6. Southwestern played anderson co by quarters. I think southwestern won overall by about 10 to 15. I dont know much about dunbar but i do think it will take some time for southwestern to get their 5th starter and 6,7 and 8th players comiming off the bench to grow up some from what i have seen. But who knows we will see starting friday night.
-
Discussion of the 12th Region Preview
Thanks, i would say they could make an argument to be ranked as high as one or two, they will certainly have something to say on who goes to rupp.
-
Discussion of the 12th Region Preview
How many players did West Jessamine lose from last year?
-
Coaches Poll, agree or disagree?
With the talent Henry Clay has, if they can only get a number 7 ranking, this should be a fun year to watch Ky highschool basketball.
-
Johnson Central 2014 Shane Hall Gaining National Attention
Congrats to Shane on the Butler offer, he is only going to get better. He has a great work ethic, I talked to his dad this summer and he said most of the schools are recruiting him as a 4. He can cause alot of problems at the 4 spot, most of the kids his size or bigger are not able to get off their feet as quickly as Shane. His ability to put the ball on the floor is getting better, and he gets to the basket very well for a 4. He does need to add strength and work on his outside shot, but the kid has two years of high school basketball to do that. Great to see Ky kids doing well, good luck Shane.
-
Southwestern 2012/2013
Congrats to Kapinga, i have seen very few high school kids that play as hard as he does for FOUR quarters. He pressures the ball and then is asked to create on offense, most of you on here are as old as i am, and you can remember what kinda conditioning that would take. I enjoy seeing kids play HARD in any sport whether they have talent or not, i become instant fans of high shcool kids that lay it on the line every play, regardless of what sport they are playing.
-
High School Hoops in June
Southwestern played without Kapinga, they played two halfs, I think the first half SW won by about 16 , the second half both coaches played some of the younger kids more, Montgomery won the second by about 6, both teams tryed to work some of the younger kids in and out throughout the second half so there wasnt as much offense on either end.
-
High School Hoops in June
Montgomery Co also scrimmaged Southwestern last week, Montgomery Co's new coach is very active and really positive with his kids, their fans and players should really like him.
-
Omar Prewitt has three offers; a new coach
I really like his game. It just seems coaches today are all looking for the guys that can jump out of the gym and run like a deer, but I think some coach will be smart enough to see this kids talent. He is a basketball player and I think some college coaches just arent doing their homework on this young man.
-
Cothron Is Hired As Somerset High School Basketball Coach.
Congradulations to the school and new coach.
-
Jordan Fox Picks Up Offer
I have seen him play for two years now in aau, he played the best games I have ever seen him play, and I dont mean he scored 50 points, he made very good decisions, got his teammates involved, passed first, took the open three and made it when they backed off of him. Played very smart and is becoming more vocal and learning to be a leader, was great to seem him growing up.
-
AAU This Weekend
Perhaps it was the first time that specific assistant had seen him. Anyways good luck to Shane, keep up the hard work.
-
AAU This Weekend
Wouldnt be surprised to see Cincinnatti start recruiting Shane Hal. Believe it was one of their assitant coaches at one of the games and he seemed very impressed with Shane Halls athleticism.
-
Jordan Fox Picks Up Offer
well deserved, he had a nice tourney and is really growing up as a point guard.
-
Somerset Coaching Position
I have no personal interst in it, hopefully they will hire the right person, but truth is Somerset has and always will be a football first school.
-
Somerset Coaching Position
that would be a good choice, he gets along well with the kids, would have a fun style of basketball and will demand a hard work ethic.
-
Somerset Coaching Position
I think it would be difficult for someone without Somerset ties, there are alot of parents with kids in the school system now that went to Somerset and like having a familar face around, imo.
-
Kentucky All-State Basketball 2011-12
That is embarassing picking Willis over Diedonne, evidently they didnt watch the same two players I saw, their credibility went right out the window with me. That is a good example to join sites like Bluegrass Preps instead of buying a newspaper.
-
Trinity 56 Southwestern 47
Yea I thought they might put Quick on him too but never did, that would have been fun to watch. Kapinga is a gym rat and will only get better. By the time he is a senior he should be a beast.
-
Trinity 56 Southwestern 47
My understanding is Kapinga eye is going to be fine, was a pretty bad poke in the eye but looks like he is gonna be fine. I think Edwards and Kapinga are both going to be playing with the Ky Elite. I thought Southwestern had a great game plan and didnt think Trinity liked the zone or physical play, but to Trinitys credit they really hit some big threes and that is what you expect from a state champion and they hit the shots when they needed to. Saxton and Foster really came through with big shots, I dont think either of those two get enough credit. I was suprised that Trinity didnt have a player that seemed to be able to keep Kapinga in front of them.
-
Trinity 56 Southwestern 47
Great run for the Warriors, for a team that started two sophomores a freshman and one junior, they didnt flinch one bit.
-
Young Talent at the Sweet 16
Yes, Jonathan