theguru

Discussion of the 12th Region Preview

Gover is a special player for sure.

Somerset will be much improved this year with the addition of the big fella.

Should be a very tough Region with SW also loaded.

This is Pulaski County's last chance with their trio. I am very intrigued to see how they do this season. I can't help but think that if they can't make it to Rupp with these three then there will be tons of disappointment for them. I think them not making it to Rupp will hurt them more than anyone else. High expectations since their freshman year. I also think this is their toughest path to Rupp also. The region is filled with quality teams from 1-13 this year IMO.

The race for the 45th district title is going to be fun to watch. Garrard County and their new coach is what I'll be looking out for.

Somerset also.

Correction:

Pulaski County and Southwestern will play twice as they usually do. At the time the preview was written the games were not listed on the KHSAA Scoreboard. They are listed now.

January 11 Southwestern is at Pulaski County.

On February 8 Pulaski County is at Southwestern.

Pulaski County will face every team in the BGP 12th Region Preview top 10 at least once, except for East Jessamine.

They will start the season off against Bryan Station at the Mercer County 12th Region Showcase on Friday November 30th.

They will also travel to Scott County on December 8th and will face Bulitt East on January 26th in the Joe B. Hall Classic at Montgomery County.

Edited by PurplePride92

Somerset and Southwestern will face each other twice as well.

January 3 at Southwestern.

February 1 at Somerset.

Somerset will also face North Laurel on January 22.

Southwestern starts their season off on November 30 against Dunbar in the PRTC Classic at Jackson County.

They also will face Perry County Central on December 8 in the Bobby Keith Classic at Clay County and Lafayette on January 5th in the Dunkin Donuts Tournament at Lexington Catholic.

Southwestern will also be in the Joe B. Hall Classic on January 26 and will face Henry Clay there.

West Jessamine will face Henry Clay on December 8 at the Kentucky Bank Shootout in Bourbon County

At Lexington Christian on December 18.

Against Russell in the Ashland Invitational Tournament on December 27.

At Dunbar on February 12.

Against Windermere Prep(Florida) in the Central Bank Classic at Lexington Christian on January 11.

Against Madison Central at West Jessamine on January 15.

The Farmer's National Bank Fort Harrod Classic at Mercer County and the Lake Cumberland Hoops Classic at Southwestern both look to be the most prolific tournaments hosted by 12th Region schools and both have quality participants from the 12th Region as well as other too schools throughout the state.

I haven't looked at all of the schedules but we'll learn a lot about how strong the 12th Region is compared to other regions just by judging the schedules of these teams I have listed so far.

I love Tyson Williams game. And he's one fantastic kid.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play. I've heard nothing but great things about him.

Beyond a fantastic kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just watched West Jessamine scrimmage GRC. PP, I can see why you have them ranked #3 in the region. Well coached team and hustle every play.

Just watched West Jessamine scrimmage GRC. PP, I can see why you have them ranked #3 in the region. Well coached team and hustle every play.

When it comes to a complete 'Team' West Jessamine has it. They're capable of getting production from all 5 positions. Like a machine. They don't do anything spectacular but they do everything efficiently. And if Fain gets hot....