Trinity 56 Southwestern 47

T didn't shoot well in 1st half and Southwestern did a good job with their zone.

T has still yet to get any significant offensive production from Quick or Hicks. If those two guys can add their normal offensive game, I think T will have a good shot tonight.

I thought either Dieudonne or Saxton would get player of the game for T- not sure who actually did.

Charles Foster got player of the game.

I felt like Trinity would win this game even though SW played pretty well. Once Kapinga went down the game was over.

Does anyone know his official injury?

Something to his eye, wasn't good.

The game was over when he went out. Great effort by Southwestern. They did exactly what they needed to do - gave themselves a puncher's chance in the 4th quarter.

Great run for the Warriors, for a team that started two sophomores a freshman and one junior, they didnt flinch one bit.

I'm already looking forward to the Pulaski County/Southwestern game next year. :D

How is Kapinga's eye and do you know who if he is playing AAU and who with? Edwards will be with Ky Elite again, correct?

Of all the players in this tournament, Kapinga did as much to impress me as any other. I thought he was he best PG in the field. The injury happened 10 feet from us and it looked like it was an inadvertent poke in the eye. I hope it's not a big deal and he has a great summer.

My understanding is Kapinga eye is going to be fine, was a pretty bad poke in the eye but looks like he is gonna be fine. I think Edwards and Kapinga are both going to be playing with the Ky Elite. I thought Southwestern had a great game plan and didnt think Trinity liked the zone or physical play, but to Trinitys credit they really hit some big threes and that is what you expect from a state champion and they hit the shots when they needed to. Saxton and Foster really came through with big shots, I dont think either of those two get enough credit. I was suprised that Trinity didnt have a player that seemed to be able to keep Kapinga in front of them.