Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaches Poll, agree or disagree?

Featured Replies

High School Basketball Preview | Coaches' top 25 teams

 

11:06 PM, Nov. 14, 2012 EST

 

Share print-button.gif

(First-place votes in parentheses)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH]Team[/TH]

[TH]Region[/TH]

[TH]'11-'12[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1. Ballard (48)[/TD]

[TD]Seventh[/TD]

[TD]24-9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2. Bullitt East (13)[/TD]

[TD]Sixth[/TD]

[TD]27-5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3. Trinity (21)[/TD]

[TD]Seventh[/TD]

[TD]35-3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4. Madison Central (7)[/TD]

[TD]11th[/TD]

[TD]31-2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5. Scott County (5)[/TD]

[TD]11th[/TD]

[TD]34-5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6. Pleasure Ridge Park[/TD]

[TD]Sixth[/TD]

[TD]26-7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7. Henry Clay[/TD]

[TD]11th[/TD]

[TD]22-9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8. Hopkinsville[/TD]

[TD]Second[/TD]

[TD]32-3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9. Lexington Catholic[/TD]

[TD]11th[/TD]

[TD]24-8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10. Pulaski Southwestern[/TD]

[TD]12th[/TD]

[TD]29-9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11. Montgomery County[/TD]

[TD]10th[/TD]

[TD]23-11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12. Warren Central[/TD]

[TD]Fourth[/TD]

[TD]25-9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13. Pulaski County[/TD]

[TD]12th[/TD]

[TD]21-11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14. Bowling Green[/TD]

[TD]Fourth[/TD]

[TD]29-7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15. John Hardin[/TD]

[TD]Fifth[/TD]

[TD]23-9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16. Perry County Central[/TD]

[TD]14th[/TD]

[TD]23-5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17. Lafayette[/TD]

[TD]11th[/TD]

[TD]13-19[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]18. St. Xavier[/TD]

[TD]Seventh[/TD]

[TD]23-9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]19. Collins[/TD]

[TD]Eighth[/TD]

[TD]24-11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]20. Paul Dunbar[/TD]

[TD]11th[/TD]

[TD]17-15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21. Johnson Central[/TD]

[TD]15th[/TD]

[TD]25-11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]22. Knott County Central[/TD]

[TD]14th[/TD]

[TD]29-6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]23. Marshall County[/TD]

[TD]First[/TD]

[TD]32-3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]24. Eastern[/TD]

[TD]Seventh[/TD]

[TD]17-14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]25. Ohio County[/TD]

[TD]Third[/TD]

[TD]29-3[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

High School Basketball Preview | Coaches' top 25 teams

Heard that Montgomery Co got another transfer in this week. I could see them moving up in the polls.

Heard that Montgomery Co got another transfer in this week. I could see them moving up in the polls.

 

This week? Wow. From where? Are all these transfers eligible?

Six teams from the 11th in the top 20. Including (last year's record) 13-19 Lafayette.

I'm not buying Eastern as a Top 25 team at this point.

I grew up in KY, played high school sports, and I have absolutely no idea what a Collins is? Is this a new high school or am I an idiot?

You're not an idiot. It's a new school.

 

They broke up Shelby County High School into two schools a couple years ago.

You're not an idiot. It's a new school.

 

The broke up Shelby County High School into two schools a couple years ago.

 

Gotcha, thanks.

 

One team from the 9th and 10th regions. These two used to be just a small step behind the Lexington and Louisville schools. Doesn't seem that way anymore.

  • Author

I am with Getslow, there is so.... much to keep up with statewide we all get surprised.

Six teams from the 11th in the top 20. Including (last year's record) 13-19 Lafayette.

 

Pretty crazy. Regions 6, 7, & 11 are dominant.

This week? Wow. From where? Are all these transfers eligible?

 

The latest one is from the Owensboro area. Just finished playing football last Friday, Moved this week. I am sure there hasn't been time on his status as of yet. Believe the kid from Shelby Co is cleared. The kid from Vegas , I am not sure.

I would pull Hop-town out of the top ten and move Southwestern and Lex Cath up a notch; and then drop Eastern out and replace with J-Town.

 

 

The poll looks pretty darn close.

We will see if Collins is really a top 25 team when they play Gallatin County in Warsaw on Nov. 27th

How is LexCath top 10? I haven't gotten a top 10 vibe from them yet. I know they have Whitman. What else do they have?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.