Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 31 Cincinnati 10

Featured Replies

As bad as New England's defense is, if Houston catches Brady on an off day, they might even have a shot at taking New England.

 

Cincy would have played NE but if Pitt wins, Houston plays at Baltimore.

  • Replies 197
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see Michael Bush in stripes.

I'm really hoping the Bengals don't lose Gruden after just one year but I can't blame him if he goes.

Good year for the rooks but average ball team, gotta hit the draft.

^ I hate to see a first round pick spent on a RB. I am curious, in what round were the starting RB's in the NFL drafted? It just seems to me that you can get a very good RB later in the draft. Am I wrong about that?

 

If you're looking for affirmation, then yes, it's freaking retarded to take an RB in the first round, and I would argue that it's pretty dumb to take one anywhere before the fourth round, for that matter, given the short shelf life of RBs in the NFL. Don't know what the Steelers were thinking when they drafted Mendenhorrible in the first round. Waste of cash.

  • Author
Cincy would have played NE but if Pitt wins, Houston plays at Baltimore.

 

It is already set Houston is playing Baltimore. The winner of Pitt/Denver plays NE next Saturday.

Time to start cutting out the bad pieces of the team now that we have some good pieces. Crocker, good riddance. Cedric, same to you. Marvin, I'd love to see you go, but I know that's not happening.

^ I hate to see a first round pick spent on a RB. I am curious, in what round were the starting RB's in the NFL drafted? It just seems to me that you can get a very good RB later in the draft. Am I wrong about that?

 

Of the 25 running backs that rushed for more than 700 yards...

 

12 were drafted in the 1st round

5 were drafted in the 2nd round

3 were drafted in the 3rd round

1 was drafted in the 4th round

1 was drafted in the 5th round

3 were not drafted

 

There was 1 QB that rushed for more than 700 yards and he was drafted in the 1st round.

Edited by KY Thorobred

Of the 21 900 yard rushers this year...

 

10 were drafted in the 1st round

5 were drafted in the 2nd round

2 were drafted in the 3rd round

1 was drafted in the 4th round

1 was drafted in the 5th round

2 were not drafted

 

Mmm hmm, mmm hmm. And none of the top six were drafted in the first round. Five of the top 10 missed the playoffs. Three of the top six were drafted in the second round. Plus, the way the league has gone in the past 3-4 years, having a top-flite RB doesn't really matter. And so, survey says, it's stupid to draft an RB in the first round, given their short shelf life relative to the salaries top-notch RBs command. It's probably stupid to waste that money on any RB in the first three rounds. Any team with a decent OL can produce a 1,000-yard back if the RB is remotely competent.

Of the 25 running backs that rushed for more than 700 yards...

 

12 were drafted in the 1st round

5 were drafted in the 2nd round

3 were drafted in the 3rd round

1 was drafted in the 4th round

1 was drafted in the 5th round

3 were not drafted

 

There was 1 QB that rushed for more than 700 yards and he was drafted in the 1st round.

 

Why do you keep changing the criterion? It was 1,000 yards when I first posted above, but you dropped it to 900 while I was editing my post.

It is already set Houston is playing Baltimore. The winner of Pitt/Denver plays NE next Saturday.

 

It's set now but Hearsay stated they (Hou) could give NE a game. Cincy would have played NE if they had won yesterday.

Great season for the Bengals! I hope we have another great draft and sign some more good free agents.

They beat the worst teams in the NFL all season long. With your most quality wins coming against Arizona and Tennessee, how can you expect to make a splash in the playoffs? No momentum and not getting it done against good teams was the story of this Bengals season. Hopefully they retain Gruden and Zimmer, and they can build on the young talent they have on this team, while disposing of the festering worthlessness of Chris Crocker.
One good thing with respect to scheduling is that they finished third in their division. That pairs them up with Oakland, Miami, and Jacksonville. Not sure on which divisions they go against next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.