Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 31 Cincinnati 10

Featured Replies

They are who we thought they were. Chris Crocker is the worst safety in the NFL.

 

He's just the tip of the iceberg. Dread guy is the only decent DB they had back there. 53 is the only decent lb on the field. They have just been shredded by runinng backs recently. One thing no one is talking about is the OL. Anyone who thinks the OL is adequate doesn't get it. So poistions that are stable? QB, TE, WR ( sort of) DL ( still could use an edge rusher), P, and K. Lot of opportunity.

  • Replies 197
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a banner day for Marvin.

 

I'm not sure if it's him or if he's getting bad advice from people upstairs with a view but wow those were terrible decisions made to challenge twice in the first half.

 

It would have been nice to have one in his pocket on the incomplete pass to Gresham in the 2nd half. Sure looked like a catch to me.

Crocker and Nelson are both FAs. I'll be stunned if the Bengals make an offer to either.

 

Crocker's drop was Billups-esque.

I also believe some of you need to take a deep breath. If you would known the Bengals would make the post-season before the opening kick of the year, every Bengal fan would have taken that. Not sure many (if any) predicted Cincy making the playoffs this year given that we knew they would be starting a second round rookie QB. Sure, they did not have any impressive victories, and lost every game to teams worth a darn that they played, but I would argue before the year most would have put them on the same level as the teams they beat.

I also believe some of you need to take a deep breath. If you would known the Bengals would make the post-season before the opening kick of the year, every Bengal fan would have taken that. Not sure many (if any) predicted Cincy making the playoffs this year given that we knew they would be starting a second round rookie QB. Sure, they did not have any impressive victories, and lost every game to teams worth a darn that they played, but I would argue before the year most would have put them on the same level as the teams they beat.

 

I partially buy that. No question it was better than most expected. However, when you have the chance to do something and you fail miserably you can't fall back on the "well we only thought....."

It seems like the NFL is set up where about half of the teams that made the playoffs this year will not make it next year. That's why you have to make hay while the sun shines.

If you're looking for affirmation, then yes, it's freaking retarded to take an RB in the first round, and I would argue that it's pretty dumb to take one anywhere before the fourth round, for that matter, given the short shelf life of RBs in the NFL. Don't know what the Steelers were thinking when they drafted Mendenhorrible in the first round. Waste of cash.

 

You think it's "retarded" to take a running back in the first round? Since 2007, here's a list of the RBs selected in the first round:

 

2007 - Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch

2008 - Darren McFadden, Jonathon Stewart, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson

2009 - Knowshon Moreno (bust), Donald Brown (bust), Beanie Wells

2010 - CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best

 

Any more recent than that, and it's too hard to tell if they'll have a sizable impact. While I'd agree you can always use the "diamond in the rough" mentality in a draft when looking at RBs, sometimes you have to just suck it up and pay the high price early. The chance of an elite back are too good when taking a first rounder to consider it "retarded" IMO.

You think it's "retarded" to take a running back in the first round? Since 2007, here's a list of the RBs selected in the first round:

 

2007 - Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch

2008 - Darren McFadden, Jonathon Stewart, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson

2009 - Knowshon Moreno (bust), Donald Brown (bust), Beanie Wells

2010 - CJ Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best

 

Any more recent than that, and it's too hard to tell if they'll have a sizable impact. While I'd agree you can always use the "diamond in the rough" mentality in a draft when looking at RBs, sometimes you have to just suck it up and pay the high price early. The chance of an elite back are too good when taking a first rounder to consider it "retarded" IMO.

 

I would be curious to see the backs not drafted in those drafts. That way you can see if it's worth it to wait.

Crocker and Nelson are both FAs. I'll be stunned if the Bengals make an offer to either.

 

Crocker's drop was Billups-esque.

 

Reggie Nelson? I guarantee they make an offer to him.

Reggie Nelson? I guarantee they make an offer to him.

 

I hope you are incorrect. Can't play big boy safety in the NFL.

I hope you are incorrect. Can't play big boy safety in the NFL.

Pacman and him are the only ones worth a darn.

I think Nelson looked a lot better than he was because of how bad Crocker was. He didn't play horrible, but he's had his fair share of screw ups throughout the year. I'm still flabbergasted that Crocker made the team let alone started on this team. He literally stood in the middle of the field and got burned every play, then when he had an opportunity to sack Yates he whiffed, then dropped the only thing that could have made Bengals fans not rip on how awful he is....I would have rather had Jerome Simpson out there. That interception was a potential 14 point swing.

Yeah FC since you say they're good and Daltons only concern is his size youre right. Oh wait, no I am. He isn't that good and his arm isn't that good. Where's Habib? Maybe I'm high on coke but the Gals didn't look good on offense right? 10 points isn't a good look.

I hope Gruden gets another job. Extremely over rated. See ya

Pacman and him are the only ones worth a darn.

 

That says more about the state of the DBs than Nelson's ability to play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.