Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Houston 31 Cincinnati 10

Featured Replies

Since no one has made a thread about it yet I figured I would. Would someone fix the title obviously it is a typo. Houston.

  • Replies 197
  • Views 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young team relying on rookies and it showed. Will be interesting to see the moves Mike makes in the off season. Does he see that the fans aren't showing up and do something about it, or does he go on buisness as usual. With two 1st round picks and some money to spend, I see no reason the Bengals can't be better next season and make it right back to the playoffs.

  • Author

Well disappointing, but the better team won I can't argue that. Im sure we will here all the Bengals just weren't a good team stuff. However they are a good team, but simply not as good as the other playoff teams. Teams who had the best shot at the playoffs like the Jets and Titans did nothing to help theirselves. Jets didn't beat one team with a winning record this year, and well the Titans lost to the Bengals. A sign of a good team is beating the teams you are suppose to, and the Bengals did that. However they just are not as good as the other good teams, so losing in the 1st round does fit them. I thought they could have won this game, but I did say the first team to get to 24 would win this game and the Texans did that.

 

So tough loss, but looking back on the year I am going to be happy with how this team did, and the future does look bright. They did this with a lot of rookies and 1st time starters on offense, so the offense should be better next year as long as Gruden is back. They need to add some playmakers in the draft though on defense. The two biggest plays of the game was Watt's interception for a touchdown, and Crocker dropping an interception that could have maybe been a pick six, or at least would have stopped the Texans from scoring that drive. A good young team that needs to make the right additions in the draft and free agency to take the next step though.

  • Author

As for Dalton today, only one interception is really on him, and the one was a heck of a play by the D-lineman. Daltons arm strength by the way is not a concern. The biggest concerns with me is one his height because he gets a lot of balls knocked down, and two he can be too conservative sometimes. I think part of that has to do with being a rookie, and I think next year he will be more comfortable with making some throws that he might have checked down to this year.

  • Author

Finally before I get off here, it was a fun season to watch. The Bengals surprised a lot of people, and even though they didn't get the win today. They were at least around playing still this time of the year, and gave us a team to root for. They aren't as good as the other playoff teams though and I admit that. However the future is bright, and this will be a HUGE offseason in determining if the Bengals can make that next step.

Very good, unexpected season out of the Bengals. A lot of work still to be done. Right now, they are closer to a non playoff team than a potential Super Bowl team. There are too many holes to expect them to make it up this off season. They will need two more good drafts to have a chance at being a team that is a threat in the playoffs. Thanks to the Bengals for the fun year.

  • Author
Very good, unexpected season out of the Bengals. A lot of work still to be done. Right now, they are closer to a non playoff team than a potential Super Bowl team. There are too many holes to expect them to make it up this off season. They will need two more good drafts to have a chance at being a team that is a threat in the playoffs. Thanks to the Bengals for the fun year.

 

Too many holes to make up to be a playoff team again next season? The Bengals had more holes this past season than last. Not to mention on offense they did it with rookies, 2nd year guys, and some guys in their first years as starters. I don't think you are giving enough credit to what another year of experience will mean to this team. They need help in the secondary, need a playmaker at safety, and interior lineman are the biggest concerns. They should hopefully be able to address it in the draft. Not to mention I believe next year the Bengals have to spend a certain amount of money, so hopefully they can help out in some area's in free agency too. The Bengals would be an attractive team to free agents for a change. So this off season is huge for the Bengals. If they do it right they can be right back here next year with a better shot, not to mention they are playing a 3rd place schedule next year. So this off season will determine a lot.

The Texans offensive line and blocking tight ends were extremely impressive. Best stretch power running game I have seen out of anyone this year. Not at all inconceivable that they could knock off Baltimore, if Yates avoid mistakes and merely manages the game.

  • Author
The Texans offensive line and blocking tight ends were extremely impressive. Best stretch power running game I have seen out of anyone this year. Not at all inconceivable that they could knock off Baltimore, if Yates avoid mistakes and merely manages the game.

 

That is what I am thinking. If Yates can play turnover free again and make a few plays in the passing game, they might just win. I expect it to be a low scoring game.

I agree nice season , when the majority had them with 2-3 wins . I will take it and look forward to next season .

That is what I am thinking. If Yates can play turnover free again and make a few plays in the passing game, they might just win. I expect it to be a low scoring game.

 

As bad as New England's defense is, if Houston catches Brady on an off day, they might even have a shot at taking New England.

Too many holes to make up to be a playoff team again next season? The Bengals had more holes this past season than last. Not to mention on offense they did it with rookies, 2nd year guys, and some guys in their first years as starters. I don't think you are giving enough credit to what another year of experience will mean to this team. They need help in the secondary, need a playmaker at safety, and interior lineman are the biggest concerns. They should hopefully be able to address it in the draft. Not to mention I believe next year the Bengals have to spend a certain amount of money, so hopefully they can help out in some area's in free agency too. The Bengals would be an attractive team to free agents for a change. So this off season is huge for the Bengals. If they do it right they can be right back here next year with a better shot, not to mention they are playing a 3rd place schedule next year. So this off season will determine a lot.

 

Gotta remember, no cupcake schedule next season. They will have to beat good teams next year. Holes? There are more than you think.

Nice season for the Bengals. Now they either build on it , or repeat their recent history and regress.

  • Author
Gotta remember, no cupcake schedule next season. They will have to beat good teams next year. Holes? There are more than you think.

 

The whole AFC was down this year and other teams couldn't take advantage of it. As I mentioned the Jets didn't even beat one winning team, and the Titans lost to the Bengals. This is a year that experienced teams should have done well, and the Bengals did better than most of those experienced teams. I really think people are not giving enough credit to what a whole off season will do for this young team, and just having that experience. They play the AFC West next year which not a single one there is world beaters. They play the Jags, and Dolphins, which I do think the Dolphins will be good next year. Then they have the NFC East who's teams usually don't end up as good as expected. So as of right now the Bengals will only play 5 games next year against teams with winning records. 4 of those games against teams in the division. I know teams are different each year, but at the moment the schedule is not that tough if basing it on this years records.

NFC East is way better than the NFC West. The Bengals are in a postion to either regress, which they always do, or build on what they have and compete. We'll see.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.