January 8, 201214 yr Author NFC East is way better than the NFC West. The Bengals are in a postion to either regress, which they always do, or build on what they have and compete. We'll see. The NFC East was not better than the NFC West at all this year. 49ers went 3-1 against them this year, Arizona went 2-2 against them, and Seattle went 2-2 against them. The Rams went 0-4 against them, so ok you were right the NFC East was BARELY better than the NFC East. Perception is not reality, and a lot of people don't seem to get that. The NFC East should have been really good, but they simply were not. The NFC West was a conference who got much better this year, and they did that while playing the toughest division in football in the AFC North. So I admit it will be a little tougher schedule next year, but I don't think it will be as tough as people think. As I mentioned right now they only would have 5 games against teams with winning records. So they will have more experience, and a whole off season which will be good for this young team. I do agree though it could go either way, and will depend on how this off season goes.
January 8, 201214 yr Too many holes to make up to be a playoff team again next season? The Bengals had more holes this past season than last. Not to mention on offense they did it with rookies, 2nd year guys, and some guys in their first years as starters. I don't think you are giving enough credit to what another year of experience will mean to this team. They need help in the secondary, need a playmaker at safety, and interior lineman are the biggest concerns. They should hopefully be able to address it in the draft. Not to mention I believe next year the Bengals have to spend a certain amount of money, so hopefully they can help out in some area's in free agency too. The Bengals would be an attractive team to free agents for a change. So this off season is huge for the Bengals. If they do it right they can be right back here next year with a better shot, not to mention they are playing a 3rd place schedule next year. So this off season will determine a lot. Too many holes to be a threat in the playoffs. I could see them getting back to the playoffs again if they have another very good off season. But they still won't be a team that will be a serious threat to win games and go deep IN the playoffs.
January 8, 201214 yr Author Too many holes to be a threat in the playoffs. I could see them getting back to the playoffs again if they have another very good off season. But they still won't be a team that will be a serious threat to win games and go deep IN the playoffs. You could be right, and I mean I can't really argue that right now. However a whole off season for a young team is huge, and just being more experienced. We will see how this off season goes, the biggest thing could be keeping Gruden. So this way Dalton has a whole off season with him, and Gruden gets a chance to really teach his system.
January 8, 201214 yr Baltimore & Pittsburgh are a lot older than we...we also have two first round picks. Looking forward to next year !
January 8, 201214 yr They beat the worst teams in the NFL all season long. With your most quality wins coming against Arizona and Tennessee, how can you expect to make a splash in the playoffs? No momentum and not getting it done against good teams was the story of this Bengals season. Hopefully they retain Gruden and Zimmer, and they can build on the young talent they have on this team, while disposing of the festering worthlessness of Chris Crocker.
January 8, 201214 yr They beat the worst teams in the NFL all season long. With your most quality wins coming against Arizona and Tennessee, how can you expect to make a splash in the playoffs? No momentum and not getting it done against good teams was the story of this Bengals season. Hopefully they retain Gruden and Zimmer, and they can build on the young talent they have on this team, while disposing of the festering worthlessness of Chris Crocker. :clap: He's horrific. He takes angles to the ball that would drive a pee-wee coach crazy. His drop of an easy interception today was critical. Bengals need a big upgrade in the secondary. If they can pick up a nice OL (guard) in the off-season, I am liking their offense. A huge plus will be getting Shipley back. Benson will likely be gone, but I think Scott can be solid and there will be some solid FA RB's available on whom the Bengals can spend some of their mandatory cap money.
January 8, 201214 yr If Benson is gone, I don't like having to rely on Scott for 20+ carries per game.
January 8, 201214 yr They are who we thought they were. Chris Crocker is the worst safety in the NFL.
January 8, 201214 yr If Benson is gone, I don't like having to rely on Scott for 20+ carries per game. Do you think that Cincy would trade up to try and get Richardson?
January 8, 201214 yr Look at it this way, Bengals fans -- with a recent playoff appearance, Mikey has all the affirmation he needs to stay the course and keep doing things the way he always has. You've got that going for you, anyway. I know futurecoach, as a Mikey disciple (or maybe family member?), is nodding his head in agreement right now.
January 8, 201214 yr Do you think that Cincy would trade up to try and get Richardson? They never have, I don't see that changing.Penalties,turnovers, bad challenges. Same old Bengals other than a few good rookies.
January 8, 201214 yr I see the Bengals addressing the guard and corner needs with the 1st round picks. I wouldn't mind to see Benson move on as long as they find a better replacement. Matt Forte is due to be a free agent and the Bengals have money to throw at him...
January 8, 201214 yr They are who we thought they were. Chris Crocker is the worst safety in the NFL. Correct again HammerTime. Marvin Lewis still has never won a playoff game as a head coach. Fire him! Nobody has been a head coach longer in one town with zippo to show for it. Baltimore seems to be doing just fine without their great "former defensive coordinator".
January 8, 201214 yr If Benson is gone, I don't like having to rely on Scott for 20+ carries per game. One of the mock drafts I saw had the Bengals drafting a rb and a db with their first round picks. We'll see. Much better year than anyone expected and as others have said, let's hope they can build on it with the young talent they have.
January 8, 201214 yr ^ I hate to see a first round pick spent on a RB. I am curious, in what round were the starting RB's in the NFL drafted? It just seems to me that you can get a very good RB later in the draft. Am I wrong about that?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.