January 8, 201214 yr When is the last time he played good? Take a look at the teams they beat and the QB's that started those games. Good luck next year against way better QB's and teams. 6 wins max. Write that down. The last time he looked good? Yesterday. He had one bad play yesterday - taking the sack that turned a makeable field goal into a 50 yarder.
January 8, 201214 yr What were his stats yesterday? Do you want him next year or Dalton? Dalton. Houston wouldn't trade for Dalton straight up though.
January 8, 201214 yr The last time he looked good? Yesterday. He had one bad play yesterday - taking the sack that turned a makeable field goal into a 50 yarder. They scored 10 points yesterday. If that's good they're in major trouble.
January 8, 201214 yr They scored 10 points yesterday. If that's good they're in major trouble. Like I said - still a lot of holes in the team. The running game is bad and that puts even more pressure on Dalton. The Bengals strategically played a very conservative offensive game this year. Find another target because Dalton isn't the problem. There are plenty of much better targets to choose from. In the AFC, I would take Dalton over Flacco, McCoy, Denver QB, Palmer, Moore, Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Cassel and Gabbert. Which of those do you choose over Dalton?
January 8, 201214 yr Granted, Dalton would probably be a better safety than Crocker, but he only plays quarterback. Hopefully the Cincinnati Dalton's defense will play as well next year as they did this season and finish games down the stretch. I'd like to see some improvement on the Cincinnati Dalton's offensive line too. They were better than they usually were but they still left plenty to be desired, especially with a rookie quarterback. But, this is the Cincinnati Dalton's we are talking about. We'll probably be lucky if they lose a playoff game in three years, as is tradition. Horrible run blocking. Mediocre in pass protection.
January 8, 201214 yr Crocker and Nelson are both FAs. I'll be stunned if the Bengals make an offer to either. Crocker's drop was Billups-esque. Gonna be some that have no idea the reference. I love it though:thumb:
January 8, 201214 yr So we don't have a problem with opposing running backs just running up and down the field?
January 8, 201214 yr Like I said - still a lot of holes in the team. The running game is bad and that puts even more pressure on Dalton. The Bengals strategically played a very conservative offensive game this year. Find another target because Dalton isn't the problem. There are plenty of much better targets to choose from. In the AFC, I would take Dalton over Flacco, McCoy, Denver QB, Palmer, Moore, Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Cassel and Gabbert. Which of those do you choose over Dalton? Flacco, but your point isn't lost and you're right. He's decent which is what I said. Being better than scrubs is like being the skinniest kid at fat camp. The hope is that he improves which should happen.
January 8, 201214 yr Gonna be some that have no idea the reference. I love it though:thumb: First thing I thought of when I saw Crocker drop that INT.
January 8, 201214 yr Flacco, but your point isn't lost and you're right. He's decent which is what I said. Being better than scrubs is like being the skinniest kid at fat camp. The hope is that he improves which should happen. Thank you. So the only QB's better than our rookie are the handful of playoff/elite QB's. I will take that going forward and be happy about it. Let's work on the many other problem areas - o-line, RB and WR.
January 8, 201214 yr Why do you keep changing the criterion? It was 1,000 yards when I first posted above, but you dropped it to 900 while I was editing my post. You wanted to see the best running backs in the nfl and where they were drafted...so I showed the top 25 rushers. And it shows that if you want an elite back more than likely you are going to have to draft him in either the 1st or 2nd round.
January 8, 201214 yr Need upgrades at Guard, LB, and Secondary. Hoping that Clint Boling will develope nicely and lock down one of the guard spots and then draft another or pickup one thru free agency to lock down the other.
January 8, 201214 yr Thank you. So the only QB's better than our rookie are the handful of playoff/elite QB's. I will take that going forward and be happy about it. Let's work on the many other problem areas - o-line, RB and WR. agreed. However it will need to be taken care of at some point.
January 8, 201214 yr agreed. However it will need to be taken care of at some point. We will know the answer to that in a couple years. For now, there are bigger issues.
January 8, 201214 yr Author I also believe some of you need to take a deep breath. If you would known the Bengals would make the post-season before the opening kick of the year, every Bengal fan would have taken that. Not sure many (if any) predicted Cincy making the playoffs this year given that we knew they would be starting a second round rookie QB. Sure, they did not have any impressive victories, and lost every game to teams worth a darn that they played, but I would argue before the year most would have put them on the same level as the teams they beat. I partially buy that. No question it was better than most expected. However, when you have the chance to do something and you fail miserably you can't fall back on the "well we only thought....." The Bengals did fail to beat the best teams. The Bengals lost 7 games this year 8 if you count the playoffs. However they only lost to 5 teams this year and that was the Steelers, Ravens, Texans, 49ers, and Broncos. 4 of those 5 teams will be playing in the 2nd week of the playoffs. So besides the Denver lost, they have lost mostly top teams in the NFL. It sure would have been nice though to have gotten that playoff win yesterday.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.