December 19, 201114 yr Newport won tournament with Williamstown as runner up. J. Short tournament MVP, D. Garland and Andrew Merrill all tournament team for Newport
December 19, 201114 yr Congrats to Newport and Coach Snapp . Newport is going to be a tough out. Snapp is passionate and his kids play very hard for him. Lloyd is impressive and well coached. Williamson is very fundamental and Berea plays like their coach coaches: tough and fundamental. I was impressed with every team and Coach Hicks. As a Dayton alum Lycos hard to say good things about Bellevue but it was well ran and a classy event.
December 19, 201114 yr Heard it was a great event and that Newport played hard and deserved the crown. Congrats to the Wildcats!
December 19, 201114 yr Crucified or not, that is ridiculous behavior and should not be tolerated at all. I am sure Coach Hicks will not invite Bourbon Co. back next year. I am glad that as the Silve Grove HC you did not play into this game and act the same way. I understand that people wear their emothions on their sleeves and things can get heated at moments, but to say things like that are absolutely uncalled for and Bourbon Co., should suspend the coach for this behavior. It will be interesting to see how KHSAA handles it. Spot on, their is ZERO room for this at any High School event. BigBack#25 you did the right thing.
December 20, 201114 yr What is the deal with Bourbon County? The football situation, now this basketball coach, and their wrestling coach has had similar issues in the past. Perhaps there is a more institutional issue here?
December 20, 201114 yr I say crucify him. There is zero room for that in high school athletics. Jay Bordas, c'mon man! :clap::ylsuper::clap: Right on.
December 21, 201114 yr Listen, I truly believe he was caught up in the moment. I do not want the guy to be crucified. We all have made mistakes and only one person judges us and that is Christ. They were the favorite to win the tourney. They lost a very close game in o.t. to Lloyd in which they led for 30 minutes. His kids play hard for him. His best player is hurt and then lost to John McGregor in a game that came down to the last possesion. I spoke to my players in great length about making mistakes and not thinking before you react. I wear my emotions on my sleeve and over react myself. It is a learning moment. My kids accept his apology and understand the situation. May he learn and grow from his mistake. If you don't want him to be crucified, then why make the post about what he did?
December 30, 201114 yr If you don't want him to be crucified, then why make the post about what he did? Somebody asked and the Silver Grove coach answered. Nothing wrong with that. The Bourbon coach sounds like a moron who needs to sit at least a few games for this incident.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.