December 14, 201114 yr Sounds like I'll have to resubmit my applications to Bengals University and College of the Reds. I wish I didn't live close to the Reds and Bengals. :lol: Agreed, on both posts.
December 14, 201114 yr Anymore, the only thing I think of when UK loses, is to check the flame outs on the message boards. I do the same thing when USF loses. Meltdowns are fun to witness.
December 14, 201114 yr Someone will have to explain to me how someone who never attended UK, no one in their family attended UK, they live 80 miles away from Lexington can be so ate up with UK. Who are your teams? Should only people that live in Cincinnati, played/worked for the Bengals support them? As Kentuckians who else do we have to root for but UK?
December 14, 201114 yr Someone will have to explain to me how someone who never attended UK, no one in their family attended UK, they live 80 miles away from Lexington can be so ate up with UK. RockPride will not be happy that we have to revoke his Duke fan card.
December 14, 201114 yr ^ I was wondering when everyone will realize that post was about my fandom..... :lol:
December 14, 201114 yr Tournament games kill me for a day or two. Regular season losses don't bother me at all. I know they're all learning experiences and in the end, UK will still have to face tough teams to make it to the final four, regardless of their seeding.
December 14, 201114 yr Tournament games kill me for a day or two. Regular season losses don't bother me at all. I know they're all learning experiences and in the end, UK will still have to face tough teams to make it to the final four, regardless of their seeding. Pretty much how I am, don't bother me too much until the tournament unless it's a game I want them to win badly, ie. this years UNC game, or the Louisville game every year. I realize they won't go undefeated during the season so normally those loses don't get to me. BUT, after the string of horrible road losses last year I did start to get a little upset by them, just based on the fact they were such a better team than what they showed on the road and it was making them look bad to lose so many games that should have been W's. Plus I didn't start getting too frustrated until they had already dropped six or seven on the road. Other than those circumstances only other regular season games I have sweated were the ones back in the Billy G era like your Gardner Webb's and VMI's. Kentucky should never lose to those teams.
December 14, 201114 yr ^ That's good. I was 11 at the time....didn't hate UK then....that didn't come for about 3 more years. I was 12. I was devastated for an hour or two afterwards, only made worse by the fact that my sister was a devout Dukie that come screaming off the couch when the shot went in...and of course, taunting me as a little payback for me premature celebration and taunting of her after Sean Woods miracle bank shot. :lol: In reality, it didn't take me that long to get over it. If UK athletics have taught me one lesson in life it is not to celebrate until the final buzzer has sounded. This has mainly come from football. But, the two games that immediately come to mind are the Duke game and the LSU hail mary. I cried when Rex Chapman's UK team got beat out of the tournament by Villanova. I think I was like 7 or 8, and to be honest, I can't even remember watching them that much then. I did like Rex, but I don't know why I would have cried over that game.
December 14, 201114 yr I think I would be more into UK basketball if you had the same boys playing the full four term. It's takes about a season to learn and identify with that group and all of a sudden ,they're gone. I, at one time was a big fan but anymore it doesn't mean that much to me ,win or lose.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.